• El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Okore (for Clark 43)
    • Tonev (for El Ahmedi 81)

No other contender for MOTM after that performance by Delph, superb showing by him.

We were robbed on the other hand. Absolutely robbed. 1 point the minimum we should have had and in all honesty had the blatant Red card been given and the even more blatant penalty given we could quite easily have won this. We had the better chances and the ref handed them the game. Shameful

well beside a ungiven red card a ungiven penalty an offside conceded goal an yellow card for receiving a kick to ur head and a elbow this referee was outstanding....... NOT

this is unbeleavebale its clearly aston villa got ripped off this game has been sold

Add the fact the free kick for the goal was never free kick. Kevin friend joins the long list of refs that seem to enjoy giving the so called big boys a helping hand to win

• Like 1

Really unlucky boys. Only caught the second half but was really, really impressed by what I saw of us. Delph outstanding and Okore looked very, very promising.

We created better, more clear-cut chances than Chelsea and were just undone by an unbelievable set piece, great goalkeeping from Cech and really, really shitty reffing.

Sending off, offside, penalty. All blatant. Unbelievable.

Feeling massively frustrated about the loss but nevertheless very positive about the future. Lambert and this team are really starting to make me love football again. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds. 

• Like 1

despite the poor referee decisions, I feel we played some great football, had good chances and showed we can take on the big teams.

We've had 2 of the hardest games of the season (for any team in the league) and have 3 points which could/should have been 4.

I hope the lads can keep playing like this, because this team can play for the european spots

• Like 1

Something needs to be done about this referee. I am not over reacting when I say this is one of the most shocking refereeing performances in Premier League history.

Good effort from the players though. I think we may finish higher then my pre season prediction of 12th.

• Like 2

Wow what a performance, we can beat anyone this season,, anyone. The team grew as that game went on, it was a great show of character. I'm one proud villa fan, keep it up lads and the glory will come UTV

• Like 1

Villa are exceeding my expectations all over the park this season, and if we're honest we've already secured more points than we all expected too already.

Only undone by reffing decisions akin to cheating, a home goal and and an offside goal.  Says it all if this is the only way a team that should be fighting for a champions league spot this season can beat us.

Far cry from the 8 nil drubbing

• Like 1

One can say we got lucky on Saturday and got none of the decisions today. Things even out over the course of the season etc. Well **** that. The handball is clear, the referee has a perfectly good view of it all and he is afraid of giving it to us. There is a small argument in that Gabby is holding him down with his arm and so the decisions kind of evens out, but not for me. It is a handball, the ball is fully stretched and there is no excuse for that.

What annoys me is the elbow. That was a red card. He looks at him and then plants his arm in his face. Now, I am all for letting unlucky punching getting away, not all elbows are red cards. But this one was ugly and he then goes on to score a goal that wins the game. Unfair.

Proud of the team, we were close to getting a point at Stamford Bridge, and had it been a red card we could have taken all three.

Will be interesting to see us against lesser teams, when we have to create "normal" chances and carry the game..

Unbelievable. Ivanovic absolutely clattered Benteke into the side of the head. You can tell a lot by players' reactions - all of the Villa players ran to the ref and Ivanovic looked terrified. The commentators' reaction to the replay ("Oohhhhhh!") said it all.

Then he goes down the other end and scores, and the commentators don't even mention the fact that he shouldn't be on the pitch.

And then the handball at the end? His hands are stretched out above his head! How does the ref not see that?

Very good performance all the same. Delph was phenomenal. His close control is top class.

Â