Southampton

NurembergVillan

Short of oil money you aren't competing for the league unless you were already an established top club like arsenal/united its that simple. Saints are doing well now but it wont last forever and they definitely have a ceiling of 6th at best like us a few years ago. They had just better hope the owners and manager doesn't get bored and piss off.

I also think most clubs fans get really arrogant with even the most modest success, ask swansea fans if they are bigger than us and everyone will say yes because they have a few very average season whilst we've had a few poor ones. Even some of our own were incredibly arrogant when we were doing well.

yeah just said in the ratings thread, we've had a harder start and played nowhere near as well yet at the moment id fancy us to be level on points come sunday night

something tells me the rags wont be waxing lyrical over that - or roy coming for our players anytime soon - or have ray Houghton rub himself raw over us

We did get a bit lucky with this match actually very lucky. 3 shots all game isn't a recipe for victory. In my opinion, Southampton has a good team, but they were never going to continue floating around the top 6. I feel like we are at about the same level. 

• Like 1

We did get a bit lucky with this match actually very lucky. 3 shots all game isn't a recipe for victory. In my opinion, Southampton has a good team, but they were never going to continue floating around the top 6. I feel like we are at about the same level.

Doesn't that show what Lambert is doing with what he has at his disposal, as their team is far more expensively assembled than ours and their manager seems well respected.

To be roughly on par with them and other teams in our vicinity shows we're overachieving if anything.

• Like 1

To think there was genuine talk of top 4 when they were in their good patch, they are a good team and they will have further good patches but like i said earlier in the thread they will have a ceiling. I do love the hilarious over-reactions when a team stars doing well though like spurs winning the title last year eh?

For all that praise in the media they're now only 3 points ahead of us.

With Man City on the weekend whereas we have Fulham.

Not an outrageous shout to say we'll be level come Monday morning

Lot of bitter saints fans on saintsweb, I always have look around other forums to see what the opposition makes of us, quite a few "how did we lose to villa, we should be rolling teams like them over" comments and they have very short memories of where they were just 36 months ago.

Lot of bitter saints fans on saintsweb, I always have look around other forums to see what the opposition makes of us, quite a few "how did we lose to villa, we should be rolling teams like them over" comments and they have very short memories of where they were just 36 months ago.

or even 6 months ago

For all that praise in the media they're now only 3 points ahead of us.

With Man City on the weekend whereas we have Fulham.

Not an outrageous shout to say we'll be level come Monday morning

Not just that game look at the next 5 when the table balances out.

Â