Southampton

NurembergVillan

Southampton: A team who are not willing to sell players, who are looking at how it might be possible to win the league, who are forward thinking.

Villa: A team who will look to sell their best players, who are looking at how to survive.

Not willing to sell players?

We'll come back to that quote at some point and see if Shaw and Lallana are still with them.

They are a flash in the pan, will finish between 8-10th.

I think they will finish between 6th and 10th. That won't stop them building again, they have an ambitious chairman and set up.

It's all fun and games right now for them.

The key will be their ability to keep their players. I don't think it'll happen.

They can lose key players as long as they reinvest wisely á la Tottenham.

The key will be their ability to keep their players. I don't think it'll happen.

whas1.gif

You get the feeling their ceiling is a little bit higher than other teams who've come up from league 1 quickly due to the excellent youth they have. Norwich's limit was their first season up under Lambert, they'll be fighting relegation battles as long as they remain in the prem.

Swansea have done very well but mid table is their limit.

Wouldn't shock me if Saints are something like 7th this season which might be good enough for Europa league. We'll see.

You get the feeling their ceiling is a little bit higher than other teams who've come up from league 1 quickly due to the excellent youth they have. Norwich's limit was their first season up under Lambert, they'll be fighting relegation battles as long as they remain in the prem.

Swansea have done very well but mid table is their limit.

Wouldn't shock me if Saints are something like 7th this season which might be good enough for Europa league. We'll see.

Plus biggest club in a decent catchment area, with a big stadium to generate income too.

whas1.gif

Ha! To borrow a popular phrase on here, I think their signings will 'come good'.

Â