Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

Just to clarify that when I was originally told of our interest back on the 16th June, I was informed that this possible deal would always be on the back burner until after the Germany Tour.

Paul Lambert liked him before he had even signed for Nuremberg and has had him watched a fair few times. But, according to the person who originally informed me of our interest, this was always only going to come to the fore once players were sold and still even then; it still might not happen. But, just take that for what it is. I am not a genuine ITK, but I was passed on this information a while back off someone I have complete trust in and he was kind enough to make me aware of our initial interest and enquiries. I hope we get him as he is some player.

• Like 1

I think it's legit seeing as Lambert confirmed we're interested. Just a question of whether we can shift a couple. I have no doubt we'll get rid of Bent, question marks over the others though. I wonder whether that would be enough to sanction a move?

I think once Bent is off the books, we'll be back in for Kiyotake...

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Jackie Chan.

I wonder.......................?

No, I think he's very unlikely to be Jackie Chan.

But...I wonder...could he be Kiyotake's agent?

China and Japan are quite friendly to each other I think. Who knows.

I so want this transfer to come to fruition... For two main reasons...

i) we may get sushi on the menu at the Villa Park catering outlets (not that I like sushi, but I am all for variety)

ii) I just want to scream 'Banzai' at the top of my voice when he makes a killer pass.

Sorry - sensible shoes back on...

I hadn't heard of this guy until I saw the speculation earlier this summer on here so I still have no idea if he is any good or not. If Paul rates him, I'll trust his judgement and welcome him here.

Edited by Raver50032

I thought Lambo had said the days of us signing £10m players were gone so I guess unless we could get him for quite a bit less this might be more than the club would be prepared to pay. It would also be a real pity if the policy of clearing out the dead wood first led to any potential targets we may have going elsewhere but it seems that the transfer pot may already be empty unless the wages are gone and some sort of fees come in for those players we no longer want.

His club are in the same position as we were with Benteke and Spurs are with Bale i.e. he just signed a 4 year deal last summer and was their best player last season. Any club trying to buy him this summer will have to pay over the odds to convince Nurenberg to sell.

I really really can't see us playing a club more than a player is worth just so they will agree to sell. We are looking to make shrewd purchaces these days, the days of throwing money around to tempt a club to sell are long gone.

I thought Lambo had said the days of us signing £10m players were gone so I guess unless we could get him for quite a bit less this might be more than the club would be prepared to pay. It would also be a real pity if the policy of clearing out the dead wood first led to any potential targets we may have going elsewhere but it seems that the transfer pot may already be empty unless the wages are gone and some sort of fees come in for those players we no longer want.

I thought he said there'll be no more marquee signings, which is for anyone to guess what that means. Yes, a £10m signing could be a marquee signing but it can also be thought that a marquee signing is someone more well known. Or is it just about money? Anyway, from what people reported from yesterday I doubt that we're still interested. Probably because the price is too high.

Think this would be a superb signing.

Surely this shouldn't be held up by having to shift someone first. We've hardly spent ridiculous money this summer, if this is a player lambert wants I would have hoped he'd be able to sign him without having to sell someone first.