Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

Understand totally what your saying its just feels we havent really seen any of this new money from the Premiership rights with sky, bt etc on top of Season ticket sales shirt sales, so where is the money going?  i know we have some high earners (mainly in the bomb squad) but surely we cannot be that cash strapped we cannot tie up a deal for someone in the region of 8-10 mill?

Understand totally what your saying its just feels we havent really seen any of this new money from the Premiership rights with sky, bt etc on top of Season ticket sales shirt sales, so where is the money going?  i know we have some high earners (mainly in the bomb squad) but surely we cannot be that cash strapped we cannot tie up a deal for someone in the region of 8-10 mill?

You dont just get an 80mill pound cheque you know.

Its just frustrating we have spent roughly £15 Mill on 6 players when you've got the likes of Swansea/Cardiff spending nearly that on one/two marquee signings, i'd like to see just one marquee signing

Does it really matter though? If we paid £10m for Helenius instead of the measly sum we did pay I reckon you wouldn't be saying that.

• Like 1

You dont just get an 80mill pound cheque you know.

Yeah but i'm sure you dont get them in 5Mill cheques on a monthly basis either

I think Cardiff have done ok so far

They've bought young players out to prove a point but just a bit more cash than we have recently

If they go down caulker and cornelius wont be on a huge wages and have good resale value, Ince likewise if they get him

Qpr was always gonna end in tears though

If another club goes and does what they did again they deserve everything they get

Cracked me up when I saw Barton and Henry in the heart of their midfield on Saturday

I think we are still in for this guy, we enquired early to see what the crack was and I'm pretty sure we will go back later on in August if lambert still wants him

I couldn't care less about marquee signings anymore.

Our best signing in years was a relatively unknown Belgian from Genk.

I'm actually seeing teams like Cardiff splashing the cash and thinking "that's gonna end in tears"

Exactly this.

Compare the signings of (yes I'm being selective):

Ireland

NZogbia

Given

Bent (though he has been worth the money)

To the signings of:

Westwood

Lowton

Guzan

Benteke

I don't understand why people are still crying out for us to splash 8 figures on a 'big name'.

• Like 2

What I'm saying abeit not very well, Lambert it appears would like another player and from last nights meeting with fans he is an admirer of Kiyotake, He's shown Lerner and Faulkner that he can be shrewd in the market so why dont they just back him with this player he seems to want even if its the best part of 10mill pounds.

What I'm saying abeit not very well, Lambert it appears would like another player and from last nights meeting with fans he is an admirer of Kiyotake, He's shown Lerner and Faulkner that he can be shrewd in the market so why dont they just back him with this player he seems to want even if its the best part of 10mill pounds.

How do you know they won't back him? The transfer window still has almost a month remaining.

Because our wages as compared to revenue are still on the high side.  I am amazed he has bought the players he has  and negotiated higher contracts (dont forget this) for existing players.  These higher contracts including trebling the wages of Benteke by the way.

As said earlier in the window.

We'll sign a few,  then get rid of a few,  then make more moves in the market

After seeing MON waste fees and wages on older players with a just a couple of seasons left in them, it's understandable Lerner wanted to tighten the purse strings

But I'm sure after seeing what lambert has done with Lowton Westwood and benteke etc he would not have a problem giving lambert 10m for kiyotake

The money is there I'm sure it would just be better to off load the dregs first

Sounds like kiyotake can wait a little bit longer

And we're saying he probably is being backed.

But Lambert seems the kind of manager who won't pay a fee if he feels we're being ripped off. He's not going to pay 10m just because that's what the selling club wants.

If they'd said "We want £25million" would you still be saying the same thing about him not being backed?

Do you not think if Lambert had the financial backing he would not bring in the targets he wants?

Not if he thinks the price is too much.

He was allowed to enquire about him, which suggests to me he had the backing. Why would he enquire about a player if he wasn't allowed to sign him?

I assume he felt the price was too high so left it at that.

Who thinks its too much?

@JamesNursey: #AVFC Lambert wants rid of flops before any more signings

@JamesNursey: But I must admit despite Villa having had interest in Kiyotake, I am told a deal is unlikely so must urge caution realistically on that 1

• Like 1

It's all just speculation.

If its a case of lambert thinking the price was too high then no you can't question wether he's being backed.

If its a case that lambert is happy to pay the asking price but has been told he can't sign him until we've moved some players on then yes I believe you could question his backing.

In regards to Cardiff they've bought cornelius and caulker for around £20 million. We signed helenius and okore for under half of that. I'm happy with what we've been doing.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

Without wishing to get into a debate about MON or his transfers, I remember many on here making statements to the tune of 'It's not your money, so it doesn't matter how much we pay' during his time at the club.  Obviously others felt differently at the time, and its since been shown why it's so important that we don't overspend and we almost never see comments along these lines any more (although as confidence increases, it seems so do expectations).  Spending big money on good players is one thing, but when you're risking the club's financial situation, it can go badly wrong.

Most of us, and Randy, seem to trust Lambert's judgment in terms of players' valuations.  If he thinks Kiyotake, or any other player, is worth spending a relatively large sum of money on, then I trust him.  However, if he doesn't feel like we'd be getting a good deal, I'd rather not take the risk.  It's not like we need to at this stage, as we did when we brought in Bent, for example.

Edited by Troglodyte

In regards to Cardiff they've bought cornelius and caulker for around £20 million. We signed helenius and okore for under half of that. I'm happy with what we've been doing.

Now I know you know I'm joking when I say this John but,  please somebody bookmark this post as John being happy!

• Like 4

The nutty one has blocked me on Twitter, for not agreeing with her. Wondering how she will take the Nursey story considering she constantly trolled Twitter about him being the honest one.

Oops.

It's all just speculation.

If its a case of lambert thinking the price was too high then no you can't question wether he's being backed.

If its a case that lambert is happy to pay the asking price but has been told he can't sign him until we've moved some players on then yes I believe you could question his backing.

You will get very few managers who refuse to buy a player on the basis that they think he's too expensive.