Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

From an interview with an English man who lives in Japan and writes a football magazine:

"Confirmed to me by the player’s agency – Japan Sports Promotions – (Villa) offered 7.5 million Euros for him in early July. The offer was rebuffed, and it seems that Villa went back with an 8.5 million Euros offer, which appears to have either triggered some kind of escape clause – being ignored by Nuremberg right now, according to some reports - or just putting ideas of Premier League glory in the lad’s head… either way, he seems to have visited Villa recently and is open to the move. But Nuremberg are trying to hold on to him, or up the ante. Now it’s at a stalemate while Villa consider upping the price or hoping that

Nuremberg capitulate?"

Personally, I think the idea of us meeting a clause makes no sense as we wouldn't need to increase any bid and I'm pretty sure Kiyotake could quite easily sue them for 'ignoring' us.

As for the rest of what he says, who knows, my initial instincts say he is just trying to sell his magazine but its the closest 'source' we have in this whole saga (being as he quotes Kiyo's agent).

Edited by samjp26

From an interview with an English man who lives in Japan and writes a football magazine:

"Confirmed to me by the player’s agency – Japan Sports Promotions – (Villa) offered 7.5 million Euros for him in early July. The offer was rebuffed, and it seems that Villa went back with an 8.5 million Euros offer, which appears to have either triggered some kind of escape clause – being ignored by Nuremberg right now, according to some reports - or just putting ideas of Premier League glory in the lad’s head… either way, he seems to have visited Villa recently and is open to the move. But Nuremberg are trying to hold on to him, or up the ante. Now it’s at a stalemate while Villa consider upping the price or hoping that

Nuremberg capitulate?"

Fair enough, but if it's true I'd like to understand PL's reasons for saying that we'd enquired but not bid.

But he quite easily could have been more vague about it rather than outright saying we hadn't bid. That's just a lie that he didn't need to tell if that article is true (which I'm guessing it isn't)

Think this would be a superb signing.

Surely this shouldn't be held up by having to shift someone first. We've hardly spent ridiculous money this summer, if this is a player lambert wants I would have hoped he'd be able to sign him without having to sell someone first.

Agreed if he is someone that Lambert wants and feels will improve the side then he should be brought in... What is it 6 players for £15m this summer? Hardly breaking the bank for a top level football club

The clause could be like Suarez where at a certain value the player must be told and can talk to the club but they don't have to sell, maybe we were hoping he forced his way out slightly and we save a few million

I thought Lambo had said the days of us signing £10m players were gone so I guess unless we could get him for quite a bit less this might be more than the club would be prepared to pay. It would also be a real pity if the policy of clearing out the dead wood first led to any potential targets we may have going elsewhere but it seems that the transfer pot may already be empty unless the wages are gone and some sort of fees come in for those players we no longer want.

I thought he said there'll be no more marquee signings, which is for anyone to guess what that means. Yes, a £10m signing could be a marquee signing but it can also be thought that a marquee signing is someone more well known. Or is it just about money? Anyway, from what people reported from yesterday I doubt that we're still interested. Probably because the price is too high.

Not if he has a buy out clause of less than 10. Somebody somewhere must have info on that lol

Edited by HeyAnty

The clause could be like Suarez where at a certain value the player must be told and can talk to the club but they don't have to sell, maybe we were hoping he forced his way out slightly and we save a few million

Exactly what happened in Bentekke saga last season and it went down to the wire

Do you not think if Lambert had the financial backing he would not bring in the targets he wants?

Not if he thinks the price is too much.

He was allowed to enquire about him, which suggests to me he had the backing. Why would he enquire about a player if he wasn't allowed to sign him?

I assume he felt the price was too high so left it at that.

Exactly what happened in Bentekke saga last season and it went down to the wire

Sounds like he won't push through the move like Benteke though, sure I remember reading he said he was happy there although with the amount of rubbish thrown around that could be lies too

But he quite easily could have been more vague about it rather than outright saying we hadn't bid. That's just a lie that he didn't need to tell if that article is true (which I'm guessing it isn't)

Stevo, take a step back and put yourself in any manager's shoes at a fans' forum.  Even if they wanted to, there are certain types of questions that they just can't answer in a straightforward way.  

Edited by Macca1888

Stevo, take a step back and put yourself in any manager's shoes at a fans' forum.  Even if they wanted to, there are certain types of questions that they just can't answer in a straightforward way.  

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Do you not think if Lambert had the financial backing he would not bring in the targets he wants?

Just becuase he needs to shift some massive earners doesn't mean he isn't being backed.

I might even be persuaded to say it actually shows he is being backed more.

Its just frustrating we have spent roughly £15 Mill on 6 players when you've got the likes of Swansea/Cardiff spending nearly that on one/two marquee signings, i'd like to see just one marquee signing

Its just frustrating we have spent roughly £15 Mill on 6 players when you've got the likes of Swansea/Cardiff spending nearly that on one/two marquee signings, i'd like to see just one marquee signing

I don't think it matters, it is better for the club to find the gems for smaller amounts, than bring in gems for large amounts - who could struggle with the weight of a big tag.