Hiroshi Kiyotake

KjParton

If we approached him, then surely we want to sign him.

But I imagine the German club don't and the transfer fee is a lot higher than we want to pay, although under the circumstances it is hard to expect any different.

I doubt we want to go down the player power route if he does actually want to sign for Villa.

I am sure we will look at other cheaper targets and then if we fail to get them and manage to shift some dead wood we might go back in and bid.

the most positive thing we can take from all this is that we are looking at this type of player

We shouldn't need to sign 6 squad players again next year. It should be about adding real quality to the team in a couple of areas.

I reckon we will see bigger signings of 7mil+    (even though Lambert himself said we wont be signing 10mil players)

Perhaps only one or two signings for the whole summer - the likes of which will probably be to Kiyotake's / Benteke's standards

We shouldn't need to sign 6 squad players again next year. It should be about adding real quality to the team in a couple of areas.

I reckon we will see bigger signings of 7mil+    (even though Lambert himself said we wont be signing 10mil players)

Perhaps only one or two signings for the whole summer - the likes of which will probably be to Kiyotake's / Benteke's standards

well he said no "marquee" signings, it's hard to put a price limit on that.

how much is the combined wages of the bomb squad? £300k+ a week i would guess, we shift that and the improved contracts we've given out are all more than covered and we have some money left to pay someone else on the gabby/benteke wage levels. the new tv money will inflate premier league wages too so with respect to european clubs (especially those playing outside la liga, bunesliga, ligue 1 and serie a) we'll be able to offer massive increases in wage to anyone we think is a prospect.

the key here is shifting the bomb squad. i have a feeling they won't all go this summer, but by this time next year, hopefully with increased revenue from fan optimism and better performances on the pitch, once those wages are finally freed up and used on people who contribute we'll be in a very good position. A position where signings like Kiyotake aren't decided by pressure on the wages/fee.

then perhaps we'll have to be thinking about how to keep hold of Lambert!

Where has Lambert said we won't be signing 10Mill players?

He said no marquee signings. Not no 10million players.

I know what he said as I was there hence why I was asking the question, he said no marquee signings and the figure mentioned was 40million i.e. similar signings to what Man City have been making.

I think we will sign one or two players, but I am certain that we will not under any circumstances sign 10 Million players.

I think we will sign one or two players, but I am certain that we will not under any circumstances sign 10 Million players.

I agree, this summer we won't but in future we may do if the player fits into PL's type of player.

Hahaha Edit

Edited by SikhInTrinity

im not so certain. Not saying it will happen but after all we did sign a 30m striker this summer.

Edit ok gotcha

Edited by Richard

Don't worry AndFos, I got the joke  ;)

Well, Benteke cost us £7m how much was he on?

20,000 I think

Now tripled to 60,000

Were suddenly playing him what Bent is on? Are you sure?

I thought the whole point was to have a control over wages?

Now when we signed Bent he was seen as similar importance as Benteke is now, so nobody quibbled at his wages now they are a pain in the arse and making it difficult to get rid.

If for whatever reason in a few years time Benteke is in that position Villa will be as well, struggling to get rid.

We've learned nothing if he's on those wages.

I completely disagree and actually it shows we have learnt a valuable lesson

Benteke will be off soon,  we all know that.  He is a quality player in demand that cost relatively little and was on little wages.  had we sold him this summer for 20M we would have had to replace him and fund the wages too.  And replace with a player of commensurate ability or go backwards.

Instead we have trebled his wages to 60k from 20K and have secured him for one more year,  after he showed how important he was to us last year.  We will more than get 20M for him next summer and then be in a stronger position to reinvest that on a better player.

And for the privilege it has cost us 2.34M pounds in increased wages.  Makes sense to me

And if he is a one season wonder, does **** all next season?

We're left with 60 grand a week and nobody wanting to sign him because he's turned into Francis Jeffers.

Back to the Bent situation.

Benteke is no Francis Jeffers.

He is a player with more recognisable quality than we have had at VP since, well since Paul Mcgrath actually in my opinion. Certainly than we have had in the last 30 years.

Benteke is no Francis Jeffers.

He is a player with more recognisable quality than we have had at VP since, well since Paul Mcgrath actually in my opinion. Certainly than we have had in the last 30 years.

Bent was one of the leading strikers in the league, proven quality at scoring goals. When we signed him nobody in a million years would think that we would be struggling to get rid of him and all for giving him his big wages.

Well, Benteke cost us £7m how much was he on?

20,000 I think

Now tripled to 60,000

Were suddenly playing him what Bent is on? Are you sure?

I thought the whole point was to have a control over wages?

Now when we signed Bent he was seen as similar importance as Benteke is now, so nobody quibbled at his wages now they are a pain in the arse and making it difficult to get rid.

If for whatever reason in a few years time Benteke is in that position Villa will be as well, struggling to get rid.

We've learned nothing if he's on those wages.

I completely disagree and actually it shows we have learnt a valuable lesson

Benteke will be off soon,  we all know that.  He is a quality player in demand that cost relatively little and was on little wages.  had we sold him this summer for 20M we would have had to replace him and fund the wages too.  And replace with a player of commensurate ability or go backwards.

Instead we have trebled his wages to 60k from 20K and have secured him for one more year,  after he showed how important he was to us last year.  We will more than get 20M for him next summer and then be in a stronger position to reinvest that on a better player.

And for the privilege it has cost us 2.34M pounds in increased wages.  Makes sense to me

And if he is a one season wonder, does **** all next season?

We're left with 60 grand a week and nobody wanting to sign him because he's turned into Francis Jeffers.

Back to the Bent situation.

Ummm........"Back to the Bent situation" - what do you believe the situation to be exactly?

As I think it's fairly obvious that Bent not being in the team has very little to do either with his wages or him "doing a francis jeffers" and in fact is down to him not being compatible with Lambert's formations and style of play, more importantly Lambert's expectations of a striker.

If we'd lost Benteke we would be nowhere near the force we have the potential to be, given that he's likely to score goals again this season (showing that already in pre-season) and then likely to go to a World Cup where he's likely to impress it's highly likely that we will get £10M+ more next summer than we would have this year so paying him an extra £20k more p/w than we ideally wanted to really is a no brainer.

Yes there's a chance he could struggle this season but if you took that approach to signing players and offering contracts you wouldn't be able to field XI players each week.

Couldn't disagree with you more sorry.

Ummm........"Back to the Bent situation" - what do you believe the situation to be exactly?

As I think it's fairly obvious that Bent not being in the team has very little to do either with his wages or him "doing a francis jeffers" and in fact is down to him not being compatible with Lambert's formations and style of play, more importantly Lambert's expectations of a striker.

If we'd lost Benteke we would be nowhere near the force we have the potential to be, given that he's likely to score goals again this season (showing that already in pre-season) and then likely to go to a World Cup where he's likely to impress it's highly likely that we will get £10M+ more next summer than we would have this year so paying him an extra £20k more p/w than we ideally wanted to really is a no brainer.

Yes there's a chance he could struggle this season but if you took that approach to signing players and offering contracts you wouldn't be able to field XI players each week.

Couldn't disagree with you more sorry.

The point is when we signed Bent nobody would think that in little over 3 yrs we would want rid and his massive wages would be the problem.

There is no guarantee Benteke won't be in that situation in the future, one season wonder, new manager etc etc you can not predict the future but you can prepare for it.

If Villa have given out massive contracts again after whats the equivalent to 5 mins of premier league experience then they have leant nothing.

Benteke is no Francis Jeffers.He is a player with more recognisable quality than we have had at VP since, well since Paul Mcgrath actually in my opinion. Certainly than we have had in the last 30 years.

Bent was one of the leading strikers in the league, proven quality at scoring goals. When we signed him nobody in a million years would think that we would be struggling to get rid of him and all for giving him his big wages.

I've no idea whether we'll sign HK but in regard to the posts above, we gave Bent his big wages to dig us out of a massive hole and it paid off.

I fear Bent's ship has sailed. The Benteke rocket is still being fuelled.