Manchester United

BOF

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand the Woodward hate so much. He hired 2 quality managers who didnt succeed and has given his managers decent funds except Moyes. Is it really Woodward fault that somebody paid 75 million for Maguire or whatever Di Maria, Van De Beek, Pogba cost

Them 4 cost more than most starting XI combined

Yes because Woodward is that somebody 😉

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand the Woodward hate so much. 

His management hires were all destined to fail right from the off. I agree though he has provided more than sufficient funds for every manager. It's not the owners, it's the recruitment and managerial appointments that are the problem.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is always linked with any Premier League job going think only Baggies ever interviewed him. He has a bizarrely high but undeserved reputation 

I would say it is fairly well deserved, maybe a little bit overblown but not bizzarely high as you say. He's been successful almost everywhere that where he has worked. He led Hoffenheim from the 3rd tier up to  the Budesliga in consecutive seasons. They were handsomely financed but still consecutive promotions especially in the chaos that is 2nd Bundesliga is nothing to be sniffed at. Also they were top of the table at the halfway point in their first season up. At Schalke (2nd time around), he won the cup and got to the semi final of the Champions league. He left then due to burnout allegedly caused by media pressure (it'll be interesting to see how he holds up with the pressure of managing United).

Since then he's been in sporting director roles for Red Bull Leipzig and Salzburg. Now we can discuss whether what RB are doing is ethical or not and if their owner is a raging fascist or not, but you can't argue that since Rangnick started working there they haven't been successful and that they run a fairly efficient operation. Of course they are well backed financially but that won't be any different at United. The appointment of him as DoF or whatever the official title is away from the limelight could turn out to be a fairly shrewd one. I think that coaches like Klopp, Tuchel and Nagelsmann speak very highly of him tells and cite him as an influence on their style of play tells you a lot. He's a bit like a German Bielsa (thought you'd appreciate him being mentioned), in that top coaches cite him as an influence, but with a couple more trophies to his name.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2021 at 11:10, Greenfly said:

Strange comment. Not everyone who loves football automatically cares about ManUre.

I, for one, think it's hilarious.

He's a massive Liverpool fan so this comment is very much tongue in cheek. Here's a another tweet from Sunday.

12 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

He's a massive Liverpool fan so this comment is very much tongue in cheek. Here's a another tweet from Sunday.

I am sure what he means is the fans of the red half of Manchester.IMHO fans of any other teams couldent give a shit and,like me are probably glad.

@villa89 & @Genie I suppose you are right. It was a great finish but maybe I didn’t see it fully. I completely agree Genie as they should stop the game if it’s head injury/concussion.

Also, what’s up with football now with fans collapsing in the stands? It’s happening a lot nowadays.

10 minutes ago, Louis said:

@villa89 & @Genie I suppose you are right. It was a great finish but maybe I didn’t see it fully. I completely agree Genie as they should stop the game if it’s head injury/concussion.

Also, what’s up with football now with fans collapsing in the stands? It’s happening a lot nowadays.

It has always happened, I’ve seen it loads of times at games. At mass gatherings 40,000+ people it’s not unusual for someone to need medical attention. 
What is very unusual is for the teams medical staff to help, which then means the game can’t progress. 
Previosuly on-site medics would attend to such incidents and nobody would give it a second thought. 

Edited by Genie

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

It has always happened, I’ve seen it loads of times at games. At mass gatherings 40,000+ people it’s not unusual for someone to need medical attention. 
What is very unusual is for the teams medical staff to help, which then means the game can’t progress. 
Previosuly on-site medics would attend to such incidents and nobody would give it a second thought. 

There's 30,660 days in 84 years. Technically at least 1 person should die the day of each home game with a normal attendance of 41k. I know there's semantics around age adjustments, but you get the point. 

Lots of people. It happens. Just being highlighted more now. 

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

Â