Manchester United

BOF

Man Utd fans have always slagged off Man City and Chelsea for breaking FFP and now this happen. Im amazed what a joke that club has become and how fast it has happened. Long may it continue.

They have signed Angel di Maria and now Falcao the last few days for money they have earned, and they are a joke?

If so, I would love for AVFC to be a "joke" as you put it.

They seem to be trying to emulate Real Madrid from 2003 endlessly signing attacking players. Madrid won nothing for three seasons I think.

Desperately trying to claw their way into the top 4.

They'll beat the bottom teams (going forward), but I think the better sides will just break them down.

If Villa stick to countering against them, we could nick a couple of goals :)

Why do Man Utd need Daley Blind if Luke Shaw is going to play left back?

Or maybe Van Gaal doesn't think Luke Shaw has the stamina for left back but would be an epic centre back. If this is the decision then Man Utd could have fixed their CB problem. Luke Shaw would be a great CB. Tony Adams and John Terry were epic from a young age. Shaw could help propel Man Utd back into the top four. Although to be honest I doubt it will be this year because they still need another midfielder.

Or maybe Van Gaal doesn't think Luke Shaw has the stamina for left back but would be an epic centre back. If this is the decision then Man Utd could have fixed their CB problem. Luke Shaw would be a great CB. Tony Adams and John Terry were epic from a young age. Shaw could help propel Man Utd back into the top four. Although to be honest I doubt it will be this year because they still need another midfielder.

Yeah maybe that.

Orrrrrrr, maybe because he's a versatile player who CAN play left back, but mainly plays in defensive midfield?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

Man Utd fans have always slagged off Man City and Chelsea for breaking FFP and now this happen. Im amazed what a joke that club has become and how fast it has happened. Long may it continue.

Monaco have got to be in more FFP trouble than Man Utd (especially considering that the rules were designed to target clubs like Monaco instead of clubs like Man Utd).

I'd bet that it's something like, because it's so late in the window, Monaco don't need the full income from the sale in this year's books, but figure it'll come in more handy next year when they can spend it.

I'd bet that it's something like, because it's so late in the window, Monaco don't need the full income from the sale in this year's books, but figure it'll come in more handy next year when they can spend it.

That's how I saw it too. The money can be used to go shopping again next year, whereas their hands are tied this year, with FFP and the closing of the transfer window.

FFP was always going to be a 'who can navigate their way around it the best' competition.

• Like 2

Seems it a deadline to some, guideline to others. Haven't got Falcao signed by the deadline time then it should be a case of tough titties.

Except it is the same for all and was even explained on Sky Sports News yesterday. If you have the transfer sheet filed by the 11:00 deadline then you have an hour for international deals and an extra 2 hours for domestic deals to be finalized. It isn't different rules for all, it is the same rule of get the transfer sheet in by 11:00 and you'll get the extension to finalize the deal. If you don't submit the transfer sheet then it is tough titties. In this case, United submitted the transfer sheet.

Luke Shaw probably isn't ready to play 30 + games in a season, in an ideal world I'm sure they'd have liked to have kept Evra as insurance for that position.

I was going to say Shaw isn't probably ready to play Champions league games for them...but then I remembered that won't be a problem for United for the foreseeable future. :D

Marcos Rojo says hi but I really can't see him inspiring that defence on his own and being dominant in the mould of a Kompany/Terry.

He would not inspire any confidence, I don't even think he will be up to the standard. 

I can see Shaw being converted to a left sided centre back with Blind at left wing back. 

Ashley Young isn't a very good wing back. I know Blind plays best in holding midfield but there's only so many times a team will rip them apart on the right wing before Van Gaal makes a change.

Chelsea will stick Hazard on the right side, Arsenal Sanchez, City will play Navas out there.. they don't stand a chance against the bigger teams because that area of the pitch is just so exploitable at the moment.

Â