Manchester United

BOF

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Score wise yes but they were outclassed by Real Madrid

Unless they are in the Premier League then it doesn't matter. They are the best club side in the world at the moment, there isn't a PL side close to them so it isn't really any kind of barometer of United's chances domestically.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic jerseys with his new #10 are now for sale in the Man U shop. Make of that what you will.

Worst kept secret in football IMO. Was always going to re-sign for them.

Tröjan som går att beställa från Adidas officiella hemsida.

On 8/19/2017 at 14:10, Dr_Pangloss said:

Look very good, they are solid and seemingly more ruthless in front of goal, but have played two fairly diabolical sides so far. 

I don't think they looked that good against Swansea tbh - although Swansea offered nothing, so very good defensively perhaps (and Matic looks a top signing).  Swansea completely flopped late in the game and conceded 3 goals in 30 seconds or some nonsense.  Just gave up.

Man Utd definitely committing more players forward this season, though.  Bodes well for them.

• 1 month later...

Isn't it something like 1 goal in Mourinho's last 8 away games against top 6 teams?

Last season was Arsenal 2-0 Man.united, Liverpool 0-0,Man.City 0-0, Chelsea 4-0, Spurs 2-1.

I can understand the logic but given Man. City have already gone to Chelsea and win they're risking Man. City running up a decent lead if they just play for draws in away games.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah, it’s like last season at Anfield never happened.

We remember but given the form Liverpool are in and  like Chris said Man City went to Chelsea and won one would have thought he might have tried to actually win the game rather than play for a 0-0. 

Edited by PaulC

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If Mourinho wants to keep slagging off Wenger every other week he needs to start winning league titles again.

His league record isn't actually that great anymore. 1 title win in 6 seasons I believe.

Better than Wenger's though ;)

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

We remember but given the form Liverpool are in and  like Chris said Man City went to Chelsea and won one would have thought he might have tried to actually win the game rather than play for a 0-0. 

I’m not sure why anyone would think that to be honest given Jose’s career to date. It would have been entirely out of character, he was always going to go there to keep it tight and try and pinch it.

With his track record of winning things it’s hard to be critical of his approach.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Strange reaction from people after todays game. its like nobody has ever seen a Mourinho team play a big away game

Completely correct. It's why I much prefer Pep. He goes to Chelsea, has a go and gets a win. Jose plays not to lose. **** that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Strange reaction from people after todays game. its like nobody has ever seen a Mourinho team play a big away game

I went and hoovered my car during the second half, turned out to be just as exciting.

Edited by Genie

• 2 weeks later...
Â