Manchester United

BOF

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

From what I saw against Real Madrid I think they lack creativity. City look the much better bet for the title. 

I didn't see it but I can see that being an issue and Jose has said the 4th addition he wanted was a wide player. 

But I can see United strangling sides and blugeoning sides into submission in true Jose style.

Not sure it will be enough to win it but I think they will challenge.

Coty has far more flair the question is do they have the steel and can Pep be pragmatic.

Its the old battle of the rugged v pretty, so often Jose has come out on top in the past so he can't be ruled out.

I think they will challenge but when I looked at the City bench yesterday with Sane, Sterling and Bernado silva that is strong. With them playing 3 at the back it will allow Walker and Mendy to rampage forward.  

Just now, PaulC said:

I think they will challenge but when I looked at the City bench yesterday with Sane, Sterling and Bernado silva that is strong. With them playing 3 at the back it will allow Walker and Mendy to rampage forward.  

Don't get me wrong, City have to be firm favourites. Just saying United won't be 5th this season, whoever finishes ahead of them wins the league in my opinion.

I'm still very unimpressed by United squad, they have a lot of unspectacular players, in fact do they have any top class outfield players now Zlatan is on the sidelines? 

If Pogba was a local lad breaking through nobody would be excited particularly by him. 

My prediction is that they'll sneak into the CL places but not threaten the leaders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I'm still very unimpressed by United squad, they have a lot of unspectacular players, in fact do they have any top class outfield players now Zlatan is on the sidelines? 

If Pogba was a local lad breaking through nobody would be excited particularly by him. 

My prediction is that they'll sneak into the CL places but not threaten the leaders.

Functional teams/squads win titles, not spectacular players although those that do often have them in. 

City have the spectacular squad, no question about that but as as I said previously it takes more than that to win a title.

United have a better squad than when they last won it under Fergie and they now have a manager with that extra factor like him which Moyes and LVG didn't have.

Jose has got them winning things again, he will win more it's just what he does.

I don't see Arsenal, Spurs or Liverpool finishing above them. Chelsea and City are their rivals but Chelsea look like they may have some issues.

• Like 1

Man Utd have that look about them that can grind out results. Looking at the Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea defence this weekend, trained chimps could do better. 

A rock solid defence goes a long way to winning the title. I think Man U are getting to that point. If not this year, then probably next. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Rashford is another over-hyped young English player - Danny wellbeck mark 2

I think he has a bit about him. He's overrated, of course, but he causes problems for defences. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He played well after I posted that tbf

Slag some of the Villa players off and lets hope it has the same effect! :D

• Like 1

Â