Manchester United

BOF

28 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think Rashford is brilliant personally, I think he could become a legend for them in the end. Really talented, skilful player who always seems to make a big impact when required. 

I like him but I'm not sure what he does especially well to really become a top player.

17 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I really like Lukaku. I have a feeling he will score a hatful this season. 

I've had United to win the league (paying 3 places) and Villa to be promoted (:ph34r:) stand to win £150. Maybe United will hold their end of the bargain for me. 

Cannot imagine great odds on United winning the league (e/w) and Villa getting promoted. How much have you staked for a £150 win?!

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Cannot imagine great odds on United winning the league (e/w) and Villa getting promoted. How much have you staked for a £150 win?!

Just went back into my account to check. Got it with Sky Bet. £8 down. Had Villa at 9/4 and Utd at 7/2. Wasn't E/W just a promotional thing. And I stand corrected it's £117 not £150. What I thought was easy money is looking like a long shot because of Villa now!

33 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Just went back into my account to check. Got it with Sky Bet. £8 down. Had Villa at 9/4 and Utd at 7/2. Wasn't E/W just a promotional thing. And I stand corrected it's £117 not £150. What I thought was easy money is looking like a long shot because of Villa now!

What on Earth made you think betting on Villa to be promoted would be 'easy money'?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I like him but I'm not sure what he does especially well to really become a top player.

His next level will be to do what other top players do score 20 league goals in a season. So far he has managed 5 which why I think its still hype. He is not 20 yet to be fair though. Danny wellbeck scored 6 at the same age for sunderland. Comparisons are still  valid

Edited by PaulC

1 hour ago, Genie said:

He's rapid and tricky - that works as a base.

I think we're starting to live in a completely bizarro football world where players are written off at ridiculously young ages (I guess it ties in with all the instant wants in the game).  Rashford is only 19 (20 in October).  He's still so young for a footballer yet has shown a fair amount of promise.  Cristiano Ronaldo, one of the greatest players to have existed, was signed by Man Utd at 18 and scored 9 goals in his first 62 games.   Rashford has 10 in 44 games.  That's not to say that Rashford will ever be as good as Ronaldo, but just that there is so much development ahead of him.  For me, he has the basics in place to become a very good player - time will tell if he'll develop into a "top" player.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

It's bizarre the stick Rashford gets yet Martial disappearing over the last year has totally fallen under the radar.

Rashford came from the youth team, Martial cost 50 odd million.

For the record I think Martial is an excellent young talent but you'd think from this forum young british players are the only ones who struggle to kick on in their careers.

Martial had personal problems in fairness and for some reason gets picked on by idiots like Neville and Redknapp in commentary

Arsenal game last year they just sat there and abused the lad the entire game

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's bizarre the stick Rashford gets yet Martial disappearing over the last year has totally fallen under the radar.

Rashford came from the youth team, Martial cost 50 odd million.

For the record I think Martial is an excellent young talent but you'd think from this forum young british players are the only ones who struggle to kick on in their careers.

Yes but its just that we have heard it all before with British youngsters. He's excellent for his age I agree but lets wait and see how his career pans out. Dele Alli is probably the only player since Rooney that has bridged the gap from promising to really good and that's 15 years so its why I always the sceptic. Kane wasn't that good at 18/19. It was 21 when he proved himself

Edited by PaulC

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes but its just that we have heard it all before with British youngsters. He's excellent for his age I agree but lets wait and see how his career pans out. Dele Alli is probably the only player since Rooney that has bridged the gap from promising to really good and that's 15 years so its why I always the sceptic. Kane wasn't that good at 18/19. It was 21 when he proved himself

It was more the point British youngsters seemed to get picked on a lot more than their foreign counterparts when they hit a difficult patch in their careers.

I saw today Jese Rodriguez is being linked with a loan move to Stoke from PSG which suggests his career isn't going that well anymore considering how much he was getting hyped at Madrid a few years back. Bojan would be another example.

• Like 1

Utd have put him on a decent contract, they ignored the media guff about him getting £80k a week and put him on a £30k a week contract with lots of bonuses

they then also do a good job with the marketing, they have several world renown superstars, they're the face of the club, he's sometimes in the background or to the side but he's rarely front and centre 

then you throw in the stuff from class of 92 where fergie kept a right check over them and we all know about his control over the media and negative stories, fergie has gone but I'm sure there's still enough of the same faces there to keep a part of that mentality 

they can keep him grounded and out of the spotlight

pretty much the opposite of what we've done to grealish

• Like 1

Â