Manchester United

BOF

37 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Matic is a cracking signing for them. He can sit and protect and allow Pogba and others to push on, without the worry of dropping back in if they lose the ball. 

He could be pivotal in their challenge. 

FB04VCg.gif

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, villakram said:

chances are Jose will go and drop Hererra, instead playing The Mop and Matic behind Pogba :D 

Pretty much guarantee when everyone is fit, Matic-Herrera-Pogba will be their midfield.

United lacked a proper DM last season and they finally have one. 

Is Pogba really best as number 10 though? At Juventus he was better running from deep and he certainly showed little last season that he was a playmaker.

I think Herrera's a cracking player and he's got enough mobility to play infront of the back 4 and spread the play but like Villakram I can see Mourinho playing Fellani instead and really trying to bully teams.

• Like 1

Herrera made 50 appearances across all competitions last season. He is a guaranteed starter in Mourinho's team. Fellaini made 48 appearances across all competitions, but he had a lot more sub appearances than Herrera. I think now that Mourinho has a DM, Herrera and Fellaini will not have to play that role.

As for Pogba, I think he will be given a free role. Basically can roam. Not necessarily a #10, but he can play that spot if he likes. Pogba also had a great last half of the season. He seemed to really buy into Mourinho's system or style of play after taking a while to adjust.

United, I think, will be very good this year. Only unknown is how they balance champs league, but their squad is so deep that I think they can manage well. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

linked with Aurier from PSG. a man that will make Mourinho antics look respectful

Strange one. Valencia surely is the #1 there. He was amazing last season. I get that he is getting older, but I doubt Aurier will be fine only playing cup/champs league. 

Also they still have Darmian right? What happened with him?

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Strange one. Valencia surely is the #1 there. He was amazing last season. I get that he is getting older, but I doubt Aurier will be fine only playing cup/champs league. 

Also they still have Darmian right? What happened with him?

He plays left back when Blind is needed in defence or midfield.

Man. United really should be challenging for the league this season but then I thought that last year when they signed Pogba, Mikhi and Zlatan. Zlatan scored 20 + but they still were nowhere near.

Unless their home form is near perfect Mourinho needs to be more positive away from home against other top half teams. If he's just playing for draws and they continue dropping points at home they won't win the league.

No chance Fellaini starts over Ander. Mourinho talks glowingly of Ander and recently said something along the lines of Ander needs to consistently play to be at his best suggesting he will be doing that. Only reason Ander will be benched is for rest or if Mourinho decides to go more attacking with Mkhi or Mata or maybe Lingard at 10. 

On 8/2/2017 at 16:37, Czechlad said:

United, I think, will be very good this year. Only unknown is how they balance champs league, but their squad is so deep that I think they can manage well. 

Is their squad really that deep in terms of quality?

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Is their squad really that deep in terms of quality?

I'd say so. They were able to balance europa league and the league pretty well, but now they have added a good defender, a good midfielder, and one of the league's top goal scorers. I think United are set for a title challenge. 

--------------------Lukaku------------------

----Martial-----Mkhit--------Bale-----

---------------Pogba----Matic-----------

That still leaves Herrera on the bench who was one of the best CMs in the league last season. Would be a ridiculous team. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

--------------------Lukaku------------------

----Martial-----Mkhit--------Bale-----

---------------Pogba----Matic-----------

That still leaves Herrera on the bench who was one of the best CMs in the league last season. Would be a ridiculous team. 

Imagine playing FIFA as a United fan :(

Â