Manchester United

BOF

Yeah not convinced by City's defensive structure and can see them giving away cheap goals like last season that costs them wins.

Man. United got a much better defensive shape and they've got plenty more goals in them than last season so I make them favourites.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

If the re-sign Zlatan they will be in an incredibly strong position. 

Do they need him anymore?

Lukaku is leading the line well and they're not likely to play 2 out and out strikers. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do they need him anymore?

Lukaku is leading the line well and they're not likely to play 2 out and out strikers. 

I do wonder that because Zlatan won't be cheap obviously. With CL and the domestic cups which Jose always takes seriously they might want 2 top strikers.

• Like 1

I get having depth up front, but both Lukaku and Zlatan would want to be number 1. I think it would be difficult to accommodate both IMO. 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Maybe, maybe not but why not have the insurance policy?

I agree, richest club in the world should be able to afford him as a "luxury". Some of those wages do get offset in shirt and commercial revenue and general club profile.

It will depend on ZI as he will know he'll have to spend some time on the bench. At his age, with the injury he just had he might be ok with it.

Edited by Genie

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, richest club in the world should be able to afford him as a "luxury". Some of those wages do get offset in shirt and commercial revenue and general club profile.

It will depend on ZI as he will know he'll have to spend some time on the bench. At his age, with the injury he just had he might be ok with it.

Especially if there is a trophy or two on offer, I suspect he would like a PL winners medal to add to the collection.

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

Still reserve judgement on their championship credentials until they play a decent team

you dont win titles by beating good teams, its by beating the rest of the shit in the league which they didnt do last year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

you dont win titles by beating good teams, its by beating the rest of the shit in the league which they didnt do last year

Still think Man City are the team to beat but we shall see. 

Â