Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Kind of proves his tactics aren't working. Pep is proving his method of play is the right one. Man City are a delight to watch United are boring to watch. 

Depends how you look at it. Pep’s football get the the goals and the plaudits but it’s Jose that has brought trophies to Manchester so far.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Depends how you look at it. Pep’s football get the the goals and the plaudits but it’s Jose that has brought trophies to Manchester so far.

Yes so far but I think Pep is going to bring more prestigious trophies this season.  The league title anyway. the champions league could go to 4 or 5 clubs. 

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He's pretty much stopped winning league titles though.

I'm not sure his safety first approaches work anymore over 38 games. His 14/15 team at Che;lsea were much more attacking home and away.

Winning the FA cup didn't save LVG for example.

Edited by VillaChris

The bar needs to be raised higher with Mourinho simply for the way he continues to belittle other managers.

I can understand why he did it when he was younger and wanting to establish himself but with his record coming up to 60 he really should know better by now but he couldn't stop himself this week getting involved in a squabble with Conte (who's won more league titles in last 5 years than he has).

I'm a bit sick of it now with him and he needs to be winning the league title every year to justify it so looks like he's falling well short again.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s true - although Manchester United and Jose will not consider the League Cup and Europa League trophies as good enough. 

They only really won the Europa League for the CL place and completely took their eye off League progress.

Man City look like something else this season. Genuine CL contenders IMO (and about time really)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Xela said:

City started on fire last season and ended up with nothing. 

They started very well but after 11 games (same as now) they were w7/d3/l1, Both Liverpool & Chelsea were actually above them at this point of the season. Liverpool obviously ended up with nothing so there is a happy end to the story after all

Â