Manchester United

BOF

16 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

If I was a fan I'd like to know why he was so keen on getting Chelsea first, didn't, and then turned to Man U. 

Chelsea were for sale due to the UK sanctions on Russia and Man Utd weren't. Once the Glazers saw how much Chelsea were sold for they decided to cash in.

He will be looking to make money on his investment, but he will also want the glamour of winning something if it's achievable. The club will also be something of a plaything for him.

If you can invest in something you supposedly love, have millions of people around the world worship you for making them a success again, and still make a tonne of money off it.

Who wouldn't do that?

He loved the LR defender as a British icon and moved it to France, wonder if Saudi will offer to pay for a new stadium if manure play an annual summer season there? Could they stop him/them during the summer break?

Didn't he back brexit while living as a tax exile......

I'm sure he's a man of principles who will do the right thing because he's a fan of ________ (insert team/company name here). 

As for manure being an unbreakable brand, a sports team is breakable, very breakable, its fan base is built on past success, no success, less fans in the future plus their profile drops and so does their value to sponsors.

They are in decline and Ratcliffe is a chancer, 'Wembley of the North?' 🤣

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tinker said:

He loved the LR defender as a British icon and moved it to France, wonder if Saudi will offer to pay for a new stadium if manure play an annual summer season there? Could they stop him/them during the summer break?

Didn't he back brexit while living as a tax exile......

I'm sure he's a man of principles who will do the right thing because he's a fan of ________ (insert team/company name here). 

As for manure being an unbreakable brand, a sports team is breakable, very breakable, its fan base is built on past success, no success, less fans in the future plus their profile drops and so does their value to sponsors.

They are in decline and Ratcliffe is a chancer, 'Wembley of the North?' 🤣

Sounds very much like Dyson. Brexiteer who moved all his business interests out of harms way whilst leaving the rest of us to deal with the shit he was promoting and backing.

I’d be embarrassed to have a new super rich stakeholder in the club start by begging for public money. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

He will be looking to make money on his investment, but he will also want the glamour of winning something if it's achievable. The club will also be something of a plaything for him.

If you can invest in something you supposedly love, have millions of people around the world worship you for making them a success again, and still make a tonne of money off it.

Who wouldn't do that?

He won't be looking at making money on it. He's beyond wealthy already and at his age he's just spending it on things he enjoys like Football and Cycling. If he invests money in Man Utd. I don't think he is expecting to sell up in 5 or 6 years time at a profit. He's in it for the long haul and probably plans a full buyout in the future.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He won't be looking at making money on it. He's beyond wealthy already and at his age he's just spending it on things he enjoys like Football and Cycling. If he invests money in Man Utd. I don't think he is expecting to sell up in 5 or 6 years time at a profit. He's in it for the long haul and probably plans a full buyout in the future.

i think those days are gone in football ownership personally

no doubt he will enjoy it and at some point he'll be lauding it up

but ultimately it will make him money, a lot of money, his money being in man utd is a better investment than it being sat in the bank doing nothing, agree he wont sell up in 5-6 years and there's every danger he does try and buy them outright (that said he is 71)

our owners are exactly the same, they seemingly love owning villa but they're still businessmen making an investment that probably on the quiet they already see a return on and one day they will see a very nice return on

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you think Sir Jimmy Dodger might be realising that it's best not to go making demands for tax money when you don't pay any?

Can the British tax payers build United a stadium and in return he’ll rent it out for cup finals or England games at a 10% discount.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you think Sir Jimmy Dodger might be realising that it's best not to go making demands for tax money when you don't pay any?

The other thing that he is oblivious of is The Government/Council already built a stadium in Manchester for the Commonwealth Games just happens City moved into it.

• Like 1

The depressing thing is I can see it happening. It does in the states with cities part funding stadium builds, and we see desperate to be like them. He'll probably convince this dumbass government that Man U should be seen as like a 'national asset' or something a bit like Real Madrid is in Spain so they should pay for it as global recognition for Britain etc. Spiv

Edited by VillaJ100

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

The depressing thing is I can see it happening. It does in the states with cities part funding stadium builds, 

The difference in the states is that clubs that don't get what they want simply move - there are thankfully laws here that prevent that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

The depressing thing is I can see it happening. It does in the states with cities part funding stadium builds, and we see desperate to be like them. He'll probably convince this dumbass government that Man U should be seen as like a 'national asset' or something a bit like Real Madrid is in Spain so they should pay for it as global recognition for Britain etc. Spiv

I dont on the basis that they already have the etihad stadium in Manchester 

He can argue that the city needs a world class venue all he likes, a stadium in the north, England games up there etc etc pretty much any bullshit angle he could care to take... The answer is still the etihad can already do everything that he's asking for 

• Like 2

Â