Manchester United

BOF

On 07/03/2022 at 19:40, VillaParkAvenue said:

It has been fun to watch Man U crumble but the constant discussions about why are getting old. It seems now it’s gone full circle and back to ”it’s the players” (always the preferred explanation for idiots and small children).

What’s irritating is how difficult it seems for people to accept the simple fact that Man U now are the fifth or sixth best team in England and not nr 1. People can’t process that.

Must've been the same for Liverpool though, going from near dominance in 70s and 80s to what Man. United are doing for pretty much all the 90s, odd cup win here and there but no significant title challenge and mediocre european runs.

I doubt Man. United will go 25 years without a league title though.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Must've been the same for Liverpool though, going from near dominance in 70s and 80s to what Man. United are doing for pretty much all the 90s, odd cup win here and there but no significant title challenge and mediocre european runs.

I doubt Man. United will go 25 years without a league title though.

Currently on 9 years and they arent getting closer

Kind of funny how United chucking round these big fees/having these big sponsorship deals leads to them being forced to constantly pick absolute donkeys that are ruining their team like Maguire or Rooney when he was clearly degenerating into a pub team player

Ronaldo temporarily out of that category on today's performance but still, not that much of a net gain for them this season

All English football commentators being contractually obliged to pop for Man United goals like they're Jim Ross commentating on Mick Foley falling off the cell 😕

Edited by Annoyman

dark ages

edit: if region locked. ManU fans throwing things at Diego Simeone.

Its nice seeing ManU having "bad" times (try a few years in the Championship). I dont question why, I just enjoy the ride.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

They should really take advantage of the Chelsea situation to get Tuchel in with Rangnick as director of football.

I have a feeling they won’t. Many seem to at least partly blame Ralf for the latest flop so his consultant gig is probably up in the air at the moment. Tuchel + Rangnick could have done wonders for them though.

Instead I heard commentators yesterday call for ”football people” to run the club, meaning people like Rio and Scholes.

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Instead I heard commentators yesterday call for ”football people” to run the club, meaning people like Rio and Scholes.

That would be John murtough and Darren fletcher, appointed last year

Murtough is ex Head of PL elite performance, before that he was a sports scientist at Everton 

Evra has recently said he wants the job... How's he qualified exactly? And did the commentators say get a football man in and he'll get Poch in? 

They've made the infrastructure changes at the club there just isn't an instant fix that they want

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

They should really take advantage of the Chelsea situation to get Tuchel in with Rangnick as director of football.

Ajax manager is apparently the one they’re after. 

On 11/03/2022 at 22:24, VillaJ100 said:

Sadly I think the party's over soon. New CEO, an halfway competent manager and big clear out snd they'll be back up there 

I dont. The team is absolutely toxic. You have a lot of rotten egos and toxic characters in the dressing room. Add to that the pressure of not having any silverware for so long. Also their owners are dreadful.

I think Newcastle have a better opportunity than utd in replacing chelsea if things go tits up for them

• Like 2

They need someone who has a plan and bins off anyone not wanting to be part of it.

Look at Arteta and Auba for instance. Arse cut their losses and now look at them.  You can see what they are trying there seems to be a future.

Unfortunately for Utd they have about 5 Aubas so it will be a lot harder.

Fergie cut out the drinking culture back in the day and they kept faith and reaped the rewards.

Who they give the job to will be interesting and popcorn time if he tries to bomb out too many too fast!

Hopefully years and years of misery still to come and things get worse!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That would be John murtough and Darren fletcher, appointed last year

Murtough is ex Head of PL elite performance, before that he was a sports scientist at Everton 

Evra has recently said he wants the job... How's he qualified exactly? And did the commentators say get a football man in and he'll get Poch in? 

They've made the infrastructure changes at the club there just isn't an instant fix that they want

Speaking of Fletcher, somehow he picked up a yellow card last night 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

De Gea says it's been too long since they won a trophy.  It's been 5 years.

**** off.

Eh, two ways to look at it. From a fan perspective, with some of them crying about no longer being a successful club, yeah I'm with you, cry me a **** river you manc bastards.

If you look at the expenditure as mentioned above though, yeah, it absolutely has, 2-3 years is too long to not win a trophy when you're spending that kind of money,  5 years between trophies is far too long for a club spending that kind of money, and to add insult to injury, it was the Europa League and League Cup, 2 trophies they basically would have turned their nose up at a decade ago. 

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

De Gea says it's been too long since they won a trophy.  It's been 5 years.

**** off.

I agree with him, he is a top player and he wants to win trophies. Some of highly paid teammates dont seem to have a similar hunger 

If its the fans crying then I am happy to tell them to **** off

Â