Manchester United

BOF

Surprised by the Man Utd line-up today.

I know their defence is terrible but I expected a more positive attack because that is what is going to bail them out this season if they don't get at least one CB.

Where was James Wilson and Januzaj?

• 01 de Gea
  • 12 Smalling
  • 04 Jones
  • 42 Blackett Booked
  • 21 Herrera (Fellaini - 67' )
  • 35 Lingard (Januzaj - 24' )
  • 24 Fletcher
  • 18 Young Booked
  • 14 Hernández (Nani - 45' )
  • 08 Mata
  • 10 Rooney

Only Januzaj was on the bench.

As a striker I don't think Rooney is much better than Bony so they need to bring that youth through fast or buy better.

Maybe I was wrong to change my mind about Man Utd after Van Gaal got the job...

• Like 1

That first 11 they put out today was laughable for a club of their stature, it's the sort of thing we've been doing the last few years, filling it with unproven youth and so on.

I've said they'll finish top 4 but no chance with nonsense like Lingard and Blackett playing, they need to be sent packing and some proper signings need to be made in those positions.

And what was LVG doing signing autographs right after the final whistle, gives the impression he's on a retirement holiday here.

This is nothing to do with Van Gaal and everything to do with Man Utd's mid-table defence. It's also a young defence and although you could not call it "inexperienced" they do lack experience for a big team. But how do you strengthen when no Champions League player will want to sign? In such a situation you must score lots of goals. That's how Liverpool got into the Champions League again. Man Utd have nobody like Suarez. 

BTW returning to an earlier subject about where Luke Shaw will play, people mocked my suggestion Van Gaal was going to convert Luke Shaw to center back, yet I notice that Arsene Wenger has done exactly that with Calum Chambers who played next to Koscienly against Crystal Palace today!

Edited by Con

BTW changing the subject, people mocked my suggestion Van Gaal was going to convert Luke Shaw to center back, yet I notice that Arsene Wenger has done exactly that with Calum Chambers who played next to Koscienly against Crystal Palace today!

What's Wenger and Chambers got to do with Van Gaal and Shaw?

• Like 2

LVG will be fine. He pretty said in the pre game conference that he was going to buy more players and a Cb will no doubt be a priority. Getting 4th will be harder for them than a lot of people realised though.

This is nothing to do with Van Gaal and everything to do with Man Utd's mid-table defence.

and the answer to improving that defence is Ashley Young? It was an awful lot to do with van Gaal.

BTW returning to an earlier subject about where Luke Shaw will play, people mocked my suggestion Van Gaal was going to convert Luke Shaw to center back, yet I notice that Arsene Wenger has done exactly that with Calum Chambers who played next to Koscienly against Crystal Palace today!

kg-are-you-serious.gif?w=584

Â