villarule123

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Could Mark Hughes be first manager to manage 2 relegated sides in a season?

Billy McNeil already did that

Lambert has always talked complete garbage. One of that wave of managers who are positive for the sake of being positive.
Guaranteed to completely annoy the ever loving **** out of every supporter in the land.

Fine line between protecting your players, keeping them onside and talking complete and utter waffle.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Billy McNeil already did that

Didn't Villa Legend Ron Saunders also manage Blose and The Baggies in a season both got relegated?  

The man really did everything for us!

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Lambert has always talked complete garbage. One of that wave of managers who are positive for the sake of being positive.
Guaranteed to completely annoy the ever loving **** out of every supporter in the land.

Fine line between protecting your players, keeping them onside and talking complete and utter waffle.

In this instance, though, it wasn't utter waffle. 

Swansea, Palace, West Ham, and sort of Burnley are their remaining matches that they have any hope of winning. Can't see them doing anything against Liverpool or Spurs.

They have a chance at staying up, but they need to win at least 2-3 of their final 6. 

West Ham comfortably dispatched Southampton who are a point above Stoke.

Swansea won their last 5 or 6 home games although could ease off if safe.

Burnley going for europa league.

Even the "easy" games are hard for Stoke.

They lost their chance with three points from Brighton, Watford, Everton, Leicester and Bournemouth games. And all the ones Mark hughes messed up.

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am still baffled why they chose lambert. Surely jokanovic would have been a better option. He would have kept them up

a]  Zero guarantee Jokanovic would keep them up (lol?)

b]  Why would he leave a promotion chasing side to go to a potentially-relegated side?

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

a]  Zero guarantee Jokanovic would keep them up (lol?)

b]  Why would he leave a promotion chasing side to go to a potentially-relegated side?

I believe he could he is a better manager than lambert 

if paid correctly he would as no guarantees fulham go up. 

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I believe he could he is a better manager than lambert 

if paid correctly he would as no guarantees fulham go up. 

There's a massive difference between "could" and "would".

No guarantee Fulham go up but, equally, no guarantee that Stoke stay up.  One side is on the up, one side is clearly not.

It's also a complete misconception that teams hire a first-choice manager more often than not.  Jokanovic/Fulham may well have been approached by Stoke.  I don't believe that Paul Lambert would've been their first choice man for the job.  He'll have just been "the next one" on a list.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

No guarantee Fulham go up but, equally, no guarantee that Stoke stay up.  One side is on the up, one side is clearly not.

It's also a complete misconception that teams hire a first-choice manager more often than not.  Jokanovic/Fulham may well have been approached by Stoke.  I don't believe that Paul Lambert would've been their first choice man for the job.  He'll have just been "the next one" on a list.

Isn't it pretty well-known that Lambert was actually about the 8th person on the list, and the first one to answer the phone?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't it pretty well-known that Lambert was actually about the 8th person on the list, and the first one to answer the phone?

I'm not sure if it's well known but it was certainly a panic appointment after Flores turned them down. 

Lambert was likely cheap, and the only one who was enthusiastically wanting the job.

Lambert essentially saves his career by keeping Stoke up. Even if they are relegated, he then can go back to the Championship. Win win for him.

Edited by Czechlad

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Lambert was likely cheap, and the only one who was enthusiastically wanting the job.

Lambert essentially saves his career by keeping Stoke up. Even if they are relegated, he then can go back to the Championship. Win win for him.

Lambert and enthusiastic dont go together ;)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm not sure if it's well known but it was certainly a panic appointment after Flores turned them down. 

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

And MON

And Rowett, and there might have been others. 

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yeah no guarantees but if I were a betting man 8 think jonkavic would do a better job than lambert. Ones on the up and ones been on the decline. I think lamberts done even worse than Hughes did

Â