VillaGoMarching

I really would laugh if he has asked for a move, I doubt it is true though.

I wonder if the Spurs fans that, despite us not needing to sell Benteke who at the time had 3 years left on his contract, said it was in everyone's interest to reach a compromise so he could move will be saying the same about Bale?

Not sure which I like least - Spurs with Bale, or Spurs with 85 million quid spending money.

The brazilian boy aside, given their wage structure and the fact they are not in the CL, having it is one thing, replacing a guy like bale is another.

Didn't the Brazillian lad say that Spurs had promised him that Bale wasn't being sold, so that may put the cat amongst the pigeons if they do now accept an offer from Real Madrid.

A curve ball I'd chuck into the mix is that NBC is using Bale as one of their poster boys to promote the Premier League in America. 

They have a massive poster of him in Times Square. If he just picked up and left the league for Madrid, I'd imagine NBC would be spewing.

Would be hilarious though.  :P

And if you need a handy rebuttal to the notion that Levy always gets a good deal and/or never signs a pup, here you go. Fryers £3m. Naughton £5m, Crouch 9m, Bassong 8m, Corluka 8.5m, Gomes 10m, Palacios 12m, Pavlyuchenko 14m, Bentley 15m, Hutton 9m, Zokora 8.2m.

Valencia said they want €30m and that they don't need to sell him.

Maybe Levy should realise that he has no right to get favours from teams, if they have a valuation just meet it, if you can't afford to meet it then look elsewhere. 

Â