VillaGoMarching

Wasn`t it something like abramovich would either buy spurs or chelsea, and it came mostly down to the last game where zola saved chelsea or something like that? At least some documentary told me that :P

They won't get soldado

Valencia want more than 20 mill they wont spend the cash

I fully expect them to end up with a cheaper option such as Remy

Edited by AshVilla

Wasn`t it something like abramovich would either buy spurs or chelsea, and it came mostly down to the last game where zola saved chelsea or something like that? At least some documentary told me that :P

Chelsea and Liverpool played each other on the last day of the season and the winner got 4th. 

Chelsea won and a couple of weeks later Abramovich bought Chelsea. 

There was a rumour (most probably fake) that he was supposed to buy Spurs but saw the Chelsea ground on the flight in to Heathrow and decided on them instead. 

They won't get soldado

The thing is though Remy seems like a pretty smart buy. Only issue is the rape case I guess. 

Have had a quick glance at some of the spuds message boards since tekkers' decision to stay.

They do seem to genuinely have a lot of deluded and frankly seemingly moronic fans, I'd like to think that visiting fans on our site generally leave with a more balanced opinion as I think largely we're mostly very realistic about our club.

Chelsea and Liverpool played each other on the last day of the season and the winner got 4th.

Chelsea won and a couple of weeks later Abramovich bought Chelsea.

There was a rumour (most probably fake) that he was supposed to buy Spurs but saw the Chelsea ground on the flight in to Heathrow and decided on them instead.

They won't get soldado

The thing is though Remy seems like a pretty smart buy. Only issue is the rape case I guess.

Bit of a major issue though dependent on the circumstances Edited by bannedfromHandV

Levy has definitely made mistakes. And big ones. Chief among which was failing to buy a striker for £20m in this season's January window when they were knocking on the door of 2nd place, never mind 4th place. That failure to invest has cost them far far more than the £20m it would have cost. Arsenal's good run would have been in vain and Spurs would be buying much better players than are now rejecting them. Levy has an aura amongst Spurs fans. He is a very good chairman. One of the best. But this notion that Spurs will 100% always 'win' in any deal they do is just infuriating patronising bollocks.

I don't think not signing a striker for £20m last winter was a Levy mistake, to be honest. I don't think there was any striker we could have realistically signed that would've made an instant and significant difference to the team.

As frustrating as it is for Spurs fans to repeatedly see transfer targets slip away because the chairman has such a tight grip on the finances, I think Spurs fans on the whole understand that it has to be done. Spurs don't have the bottomless pot of cash of Man City or Chelsea or the huge stadium and global brand name of Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal and the extra revenue that comes with that, so Spurs have to be extremely careful when it comes to spending big money. You can't just spend £20m on a striker in January, along with the massive wages a £20m striker will command, in the hopes that said striker will instantly fit into the team and shoot Spurs into a Champions League spot.

I'd say Levy's biggest flaw is the transfer fees he expects for his own players. I fully support his stance when clubs come after our top first team players (Modric, Berbatov, Carrick, Keane), but demanding premium prices for players that can barely earn a place on the bench seems a bit ridiculous. Every year, our ITKs tell us that x amount of fringe players are for sale and y amount of teams are interested but are constantly put off by the high valuation. I think we'd be better off accepting a lower bid, collecting the smaller transfer fee and freeing up the wages and squad place for someone else.

Levy has definitely made mistakes. And big ones. Chief among which was failing to buy a striker for £20m in this season's January window when they were knocking on the door of 2nd place, never mind 4th place. That failure to invest has cost them far far more than the £20m it would have cost. Arsenal's good run would have been in vain and Spurs would be buying much better players than are now rejecting them. Levy has an aura amongst Spurs fans. He is a very good chairman. One of the best. But this notion that Spurs will 100% always 'win' in any deal they do is just infuriating patronising bollocks.

Every year, our ITKs tell us that x amount of fringe players are for sale and y amount of teams are interested

Ah, Spurs ITKs.  :)

Spurs will sign a new striker but it's hardly like their current strikeforce is awful.

Adebayor

Pro- Proven before at Spurs and Arsenal he can score 15 + goals no problem in this league.

Con- When he isn't motivated which is every other season he's a waste of space.

Defoe

Pro- Proven premier league striker and if you look back to the first 3 months of last season he was the only real player who was scoring for Spurs.

Con- 31 in October and picks up more and more injuries now.

Dempsey-

Pro-  Very prolific at Fulham and scored some crucial goals for Spurs last season.

Con- Probably better as the big fish in a small pond at Fulham.

Plus they have bale scoring 20 goals from the wing.

Certainly it's a better strikeforce than what Everton have got and arguably Arsenal with Giroud and Podolski.

If anything their defence let them down last season, Arsenal conceded less and to me they don't have the fear factor mentality that opposition teams see when they play the Manchester clubs for example.

Agreed a deal for Nacer Chadli. Good deal for them, if only they could get in a quality striker they'd be up there. Though that begs the question, why the **** are they signing yet another midfielder when clearly there are more pressing areas of the pitch to deal with. The signing of Chadli can free up Bale to play directly behind the striker.

IMO Arsenal has better strikeforce at the moment than Spurs. Podolski can score 15-20 season as he's now more used to the pace of premier league, and they have Walcott who can score another 15. The problem with Defoe is that he scores 5 in one game and then not a single goal in 10 games.

Spurs will sign a new striker but it's hardly like their current strikeforce is awful.

For a top 5 team, it's exactly like their current strikeforce is awful.

United: Rooney, RVP, Welbeck, Hernandez, Henriquez, Macheda (?)

Chelsea: Torres, Ba, Lukaku, Moses

City: Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo, Guidetti

Arsenal: Giroud, Walcott, Podolski, Sanogo

Liverpool: Suarez, Sturridge, Borini, Aspas, Yesil

Spurs: Adebayor, Defoe. They don't even list any Academy players, although they have (under achieving) Souleymane Coulibaly

I'd say they definitely have the worst strikeforce there

I'd say us with: Benteke, Weimann, Gabby, Helenius also have a better, more balanced and better rotational strike force.

The Spurs official website lists Clint Dempsey as a striker ffs. That'd be like the other clubs including Hazard, Mata, Silva, Nasri, Coutinho etc as strikers, he can probably play there but he doesn't.

Equal of Chelsea's given Ba only joined in January and hasn't done much and Lukaku wasn't there last season.

Point was it's much better than say Everton who were the position below them with Jelavic, Anichebe ermmm errrrr.....

Â