VillaGoMarching

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair he's lost the last 5 out of 6 so not the best results for the end of a season challenging for 4th.

Second time in the season they went on a run like that. Whereas we didnt lose back 2 back games all season in the league. No one can argue we didnt deserve it.

• Like 4

Can't help but agree with big flange, if you reject the idea of Spurs trying to finish as high up the league as possible, then you reject the fact that the premier league and success in general is linked to income. Feels like a fanbase who have been spoilt and gotten bored. Deadly for a club. 

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m finding this utterly astonishing. I generally don’t subscribe to X fans are words removed because I think all fans are really. I don’t particularly subscribe to any of our own rivals being words removed as it just is what it is, they defend their own and have a go at us and we do likewise.

But Spurs fans are actually something else. Arsenal’s failure is genuinely more important to them than Spurs’ success. Ive actually never seen anything like it. 

A glance in the direction of Small may offer you a similar view of football supporting life. Equally tragic I’m afraid. Not all of them though. But most of them, sadly throughout that sad organisation is a thick vein of failure which flows strongly. Them leaving the Championship through the trapdoor as we enter the Champions League, seems largely lost on the vast majority, which is a huge factor in their continued downward trajectory, BCFC, very Spursy, long may it be continue that way!

2 hours ago, RichW said:

Second seasons for managers can be potentially difficult 

Unless your name is Unai Emery. 

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Can't help but agree with big flange, if you reject the idea of Spurs trying to finish as high up the league as possible, then you reject the fact that the premier league and success in general is linked to income. Feels like a fanbase who have been spoilt and gotten bored. Deadly for a club. 

I doubt it's even 5% of their fans but the one behind the bench was very vocal, why the stewards never kicked him out is beyond me..........maybe it was Levy 😉

Joking apart what a shame for the fans who want to see success and aren't bothered by petty rivalry, basically Arsenal are in the morons  heads pulling levers. 

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Second time in the season they went on a run like that. Whereas we didnt lose back 2 back games all season in the league. No one can argue we didnt deserve it.

And just after Xmas it felt like we had a really bad run, but if we didn't lose two in a row all season then we didn't really. Makes it even better, and we played the top 2 in a few magic days at home. Absolutely bonkers 

We did lose 2 in a row, Chelsea on 7th Feb and then Man United on the 11th Feb.

We also lost to Newcastle on 30th Jan so we lost 3 games in about 2 weeks (we beat Sheffield United 5-0 on 3rd Feb.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

We also lost to Newcastle on 30th Jan so we lost 3 games in about 2 weeks (we beat Sheffield United 5-0 on 3rd Feb.

League games we didnt

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Booing your own team isn’t good, but is the most basic form of criticism that can be made. The manager and coaches are the ones that turn it in to constructive criticism. 

what can be done when your own fans actively supporting the opposition, just to get one over the rivals? 

“yeah boys, you got to lose this for the fans.. they don’t want you playing CL football, because it means arsenal will win the league. Hope you understand”

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91syh66napwa4i9h4rjg

Ange was clearly peed off, with it all.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Chelsea was in the cup though, no back to back defeats in the league. We also lost 2 on the bounce a little over a week ago if you include cup games against Brighton & Olympiakos

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

Chelsea was in the cup though, no back to back defeats in the league. We also lost 2 on the bounce a little over a week ago if you include all games against Brighton & Olympiakos

Ah yes, just noticed. It wasn’t clear on my app. 

6 hours ago, Spoony said:

I’m finding this utterly astonishing. I generally don’t subscribe to X fans are words removed because I think all fans are really. I don’t particularly subscribe to any of our own rivals being words removed as it just is what it is, they defend their own and have a go at us and we do likewise.

But Spurs fans are actually something else. Arsenal’s failure is genuinely more important to them than Spurs’ success. Ive actually never seen anything like it. 

I’m pretty sure Villa Park would be similarly “confused” if presented with the same situation.

However strange it was to see a fanbase not cheer their side on whilst they were playing well and in with a very good chance of actually winning an important match,just put yourself in their shoes….

Blues win the PL and we hand it to them….its just too horrible to contemplate.

Just now, MarkLillis said:

Blues win the PL and we hand it to them….its just too horrible to contemplate.

This is similar to the “Villa only stayed up because hawkeye failed” we get from their fans.

If Sha or Arsenal win the league then it’ll be because they got ~90 points over 37 games, it won’t be because we beat their rival in a one off. I wouldn’t give a shit if we handed it to them, they got the points on the board themselves. 

As someone else said, we could easily turn it round “you only won the league because of us” and have that over them for ever and a day.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's completely reasonable for the manager and the players to be frustrated at the lack of support the team received, but if they're honest with themselves, they should be able to see that it's not inexplicable, or indicative of some wider cultural failing. Let's be honest, even if they'd received the fulsome support of everyone in the ground they would probably have lost, and even if they'd won, they still probably wouldn't have qualified for the CL with us just needing a point at Palace. If they'd been level on points with us the fans might have felt somewhat differently, and for thinking about why they weren't level or ahead of us, the players and the manager need to look at each other, not the fans. It's not the fans that led them to lose every meaningful game in the run-in. 

It's not our battle to get in to anyway.......when it is, it's worth fretting about.

We are Champions league, and we do it right.....our fans was magnificent, and the backing of Emi, was defiance at its best.

We don't want to get in to a North London beef, do we?

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is similar to the “Villa only stayed up because hawkeye failed” we get from their fans.

If Sha or Arsenal win the league then it’ll be because they got ~90 points over 37 games, it won’t be because we beat their rival in a one off. I wouldn’t give a shit if we handed it to them, they got the points on the board themselves. 

As someone else said, we could easily turn it round “you only won the league because of us” and have that over them for ever and a day.

All the above is correct and I think most Villa fans would agree.

However…

I stand by what I said…it would horrible and I think the Villa Park atmosphere would be similar.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Couldn't do it without help from them lot up the road

Can we take a second to remember these quotes from esteemed pundit Jermaine Jenas in November after we beat spurs 2-1:

“No-one is looking at his team now and thinking 'this is Spurs', because they are so depleted - and I am still confident about their chances of making the top four when they get their players fit.

I certainly think they will finish above Villa, who I did not think were that impressive on Sunday - they played against a second-string Spurs side and only just got over the line“

Just beautiful 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

100%. He was correct to be so, but how he handled it was rather unprofessional. 

How was it unprofessional. I would be disgusted if Villa fans chose the opposition over us if we had a chance of Champions League

Incredibly small time

Edited by Zatman

Â