VillaGoMarching

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Tottenham are desperate to win a trophy, something that Mourinho has done at every club he's been at which is why I think a lot of their fans are happy to see that he's been given the job. 

Tottenham employing Mourinho due to his success of winning trophies is an equivalent of Villa employing Steve Bruce due to his promotion record. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

His record is pretty historical based on when Chelsea were probably more out there than Citeh.  They pretty much started the whole buying success model in the early Abramovich years.  Let's see what unfolds but without being able to outbid everyone for the best players I will be suprised if he does anything there. 

It's certainly true his record has turned Wenger lite in the last decade. Think it's one league title win since 2012, no CLs since 2010 and he's just been hovering up domestic cups and europa which Emery has won three times and is about to be sacked.

That said, we're talking about a club that have won two league cups in 25 years, that's the same as us so I doubt they'll be fussy about any trophy they get and he's still capable of winning cup competitions with how he sets them up.

• Like 1

Madness. The amount to sack poch  then replace him with mourinho they could have given poch money in jan to improve them.

Question is what kind of budget has he been promised ? Mourinho is a cheque book manager so he will be after  a big budget.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Madness. The amount to sack poch  then replace him with mourinho they could have given poch money in jan to improve them.

Question is what kind of budget has he been promised ? Mourinho is a cheque book manager so he will be after  a big budget.

Its brilliant this is,  it could go real wrong.  For Levy,  I hope this costs a fortune going forward.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Its brilliant this is,  it could go real wrong.  For Levy,  I hope this costs a fortune going forward.

Whatever the eventuality, I think this is a given.

Spurs just need to hope there's some modicum of justification for the spend.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Then we can pop in a £3million plus Hogan bid for Kane 😉

I think that fairly priced for them.

I want them to actually get Mourinho to show some faith with the current squad and give some 5 yrs on 300 k a week.  I want them to bleed,  but slowly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think they will go big in Jan.  Hope so.  130 M for someone who just never really clicks.

Eriksen out and then Matic + either Kai Havertz or Zaniolo in for big bucks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

They will try and pinch our players now.

They have no shame.

I don't think we have any players who would fit well into a Mourinho system, and he would consider all of our players beneath him to be honest. He's going to want top players from the continent, not barely proven players struggling to stay in 17th. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think we have any players who would fit well into a Mourinho system, and he would consider all of our players beneath him to be honest. He's going to want top players from the continent, not barely proven players struggling to stay in 17th. 

Not saying will happen but he does like an all action midfielder like McGinn. Had them at a few clubs

Just now, Zatman said:

Not saying will happen but he does like an all action midfielder like McGinn. Had them at a few clubs

Is that the sort of Ramires role?

I take your point, but I don't think McGinn is anywhere close to the level Mourinho will require. 

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that the sort of Ramires role?

I take your point, but I don't think McGinn is anywhere close to the level Mourinho will require. 

Essien, Ramires, Khedira even Herrera at United. 

I agree but not so many box to box players about anymore

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

His record is pretty historical based on when Chelsea were probably more out there than Citeh.  They pretty much started the whole buying success model in the early Abramovich years.  Let's see what unfolds but without being able to outbid everyone for the best players I will be suprised if he does anything there. 

Chelsea didn’t start that trend at all. Utd had been doing it for years, Blackburn did it, hell even before premier league Liverpool we’re doing it (so I’ve read). 

Mourinho may have struggled recently but he’s still got a great record. 

I reckon he’ll win a trophy there within 2 seasons. He’s a brilliant cup manager  

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Poch just got Spurs to the Champions League final and finished 4th, 3rd and 2nd in his previous 3 Premier League seasons. I guess the point i'm making is, I don't see Jose doing that. I would be surprised if he has them finishing in the top 4 once in all honesty. But we shall see. Time will tell on these things. 

Will be interesting. I'm not as negative to this appointment as most people are.

I think this could really work for the short term. The Mourinho cycle usually ends after 3 seasons, but that why you need to be ruthless and know when to get rid.

I think the Spurs squad really suits Mourinho and i can see this work and surprise a few people.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think ndombele is a mourinho type player he likes for that cm role. There is no way he would go for grealish his style is not mourinho at all. Maybe mcginn but I think he will try poach a load of leicester players. 

Sissoko as well. Lot of physicality in this Spurs side that will suit Mourinho well.

Mourinho will make this Spurs side really tough to play against.

Â