VillaGoMarching

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

on poch, Bayern is available now, come the end of the season there could be a job at utd, arsenal, Dortmund, psg or barca 

Bayern assistant confirmed until end of season so I'm guessing Pooch takes a break and starts there in the summer

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He’ll do well at Spurs unfortunately.

I'd be very surprised if he reaches further than Poch did with them.

Doubt he'll get them into a CL final and I can't see then breaking into the top 2.

Might win them a League Cup or even the Europa League, guess it would be huge for a club that never wins anything.

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

like i said new arsenal, best they can hope for is 15 years in the CL and a couple of cups

they aren't going to break the top 2 whilst klopp and pep are there without significant investment which they've shown no sign of doing

I know nobody gives the FA Cup any respect any more, but didn't Arsenal win it like three times in four years or something? That would something to me, as a fan. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd be very surprised if he reaches further than Poch did with them.

Doubt he'll get them into a CL final and I can't see then breaking into the top 2.

Might win them a League Cup or even the Europa League, guess it would be huge for a club that never wins anything.

If a lot of the reason he has gone is because the dressing room is full of stale players that don't want to be there, then throwing Mourinho into the middle of it hopefully will be carnage.  Pochettino will have had his pride hit a bit by this but he is in an unreal position.  £12m richer, no longer have to deal with Levy and fighting the same problems over again and he will have the biggest clubs in the world lining up to get him in.  The silverware will start stacking up for him.

Non sense.

He did very well in his first 2 seasons at United. Finishing 2nd with that squad was a sensational achievement.

Good appointment by Spurs. As long as they sack him after the 2nd season, that's usually when the Jose cycle ends.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This. 

I really think this is a bad appointment for them. Very strange move. It's just doesn't seem like a good fit. 

Yeah.

I don't think he will tank, but I also don't think he'll work wonders.

That's £45m-55m salary to him over 4 years + whatever it'll cost them to pay off Poch.

A lot of money for at best standing still.

Bit surprised they didn't go for Allegri if they have this kind of money. Feels like he'd been a better fit.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A lot of physique, power and also flair in that Spurs squad.

Almost a perfect squad for a Mourinho team.

I would feel concerned if i were a Man United or an Arsenal fan.

Yeah, you'd hate to miss out on those Europa League places. ;)

Fwiw they are currently 3 points behind 5th

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

As "bad" as people think he were at United he is their most successful manager Post Fergie.

That is true. But it still wasn't a success, was it? The amount of money he spent on dogshit players was crazy (he spent £52m on Fred 😂). Plus, they were really really bad to watch.

I just feel like football has moved on a bit now from the time where Jose was most successful. I just don't think he can take Spurs where they want to be. But we shall see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That is true. But it still wasn't a success, was it? The amount of money he spent on dogshit players was crazy (he spent £52m on Fred 😂). Plus, they were really really bad to watch.

2nd in his second season was a huge improvement since Fergie. And i don't see them getting anywhere close to 2nd in the years to come, do you?

Before his 3rd season he cried out for some central defenders but didn't get it and rest is history.

Defense is the most important part of any Mourinho team if it's lackluster he will fail.

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know nobody gives the FA Cup any respect any more, but didn't Arsenal win it like three times in four years or something? That would something to me, as a fan. 

definitely the same

that's why for me for no doubt as much stick as spurs fans have given arsenal for the last couple of years they've haven't actually done that much, id want a league cup thrown in too if as a fan I was being told finishing 4th every year is this incredible achievement 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

2nd in his second season was a huge improvement since Fergie. And i don't see them getting anywhere close to 2nd in the years to come, do you?

Before his 3rd season he cried out for some central defenders but didn't get it and rest is history.

Defense is the most important part of any Mourinho team if it's lackluster he will fail.

Poch just got Spurs to the Champions League final and finished 4th, 3rd and 2nd in his previous 3 Premier League seasons. I guess the point i'm making is, I don't see Jose doing that. I would be surprised if he has them finishing in the top 4 once in all honesty. But we shall see. Time will tell on these things. 

Quite interesting following this in Swedish media as all of the high profile journalists are outspoken Spurs supporters.

Overall they all acknowledge Mourinho's qualities but all seem conflicted in how he fit's in with Levy the Spurs they know.

A Spurs that refuses to spend with a manager who constantly demands new expensive signings, cynical Mourinho at a club who's fans demands "attractive" football 

One compared to if Greta Thumberg was elected Vice President of Gazprom :D 

It's a mismatch made in heaven. Mourinho usually does better when he get's to build something and punch from below (Porto, Inter, Chelsea ep1) but fares slightly worse when the table is already set( Real, Chelsea ep2, Manure)

Not sure which of those Spurs is atm

• Like 1

Tottenham are desperate to win a trophy, something that Mourinho has done at every club he's been at which is why I think a lot of their fans are happy to see that he's been given the job. I don't think he'll have them finishing any higher than third but then no manager will achieve any better than that with them at the moment, and if he can win them an FA cup or a European trophy then he will have been more succesful than Pochettino has been.

Â