VillaGoMarching

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be hugely surprised if his name wasn't in the running, whether he's put himself forward or otherwise.

Rumours on Twitter earlier that Roberto Martinez was in the running! :D 

Spurs want 40 million for him and Perez doesnt want deal with Spurs as had issues signing Bale

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Kane a very good forward but lacking without Eriksen. You can see that with England

yeah if he signed for real madrid he would only have bale, isco, modric and asensio playing him in, at PSG it would be neymar, mbappe, di maria, verratti, barca it would be coutinho, rakitic, messi, ...he would be shown up

bayern IMO wont be buying £100m players any time soon, they also have a big rebuild project coming so they'll spread the money across the squad, he wont be going there

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

yeah if he signed for real madrid he would only have bale, isco, modric and asensio playing him in, at PSG it would be neymar, mbappe, di maria, verratti, barca it would be coutinho, rakitic, messi, ...he would be shown up

Well i meant in current Spurs set-up. Sissoko, Alli and Lamela would struggle create 20 chances a season between them

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m saying that during these recent years of spurs being a “force”, they have no trophies to show for it. The others have, despite being in relative turmoil. 

Do I think Spurs have more chance of winning a trophy than say Arsenal or Man Utd this season? Maybe. Not massively more so than recent years. I will not be surprised in the slightest if the spurs trophy cabinet has no further additions by the end of the season.

But they can take solace in the knowledge that they’re “a perfect club”.

Hold on - I said they're pretty much a perfect club to be at due to being able to challenge for honours and not having the same pressures as the traditional top 4.  You've suggested you agree with Dr P in that they win nothing, so their better players should leave, and then have listed Man Utd and Arsenal as clubs that do win trophies...

...so I can only assume, given you disagree with me, that Man Utd and Arsenal would be better clubs for Spurs players to be at, because they're more likely to win stuff?  So Kane, for example, should consider moving to Man Utd or Arsenal for a better chance of winning things?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Well i meant in current Spurs set-up. Sissoko, Alli and Lamela would struggle create 20 chances a season between them

oh yeah definitely, if eriksen left and kane stayed i get your point

they would need a young english attacking midfielder who creates lots of chances ? 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Hold on - I said they're pretty much a perfect club to be at due to being able to challenge for honours and not having the same pressures as the traditional top 4.  You've suggested you agree with Dr P in that they win nothing, so their better players should leave, and then have listed Man Utd and Arsenal as clubs that do win trophies...

...so I can only assume, given you disagree with me, that Man Utd and Arsenal would be better clubs for Spurs players to be at, because they're more likely to win stuff?  So Kane, for example, should consider moving to Man Utd or Arsenal for a better chance of winning things?

You said it’s the perfect club to be at unless you’re solely interested in having an even more ridiculous pay day.

I’m merely saying that another reason for a professional footballer to consider playing for another club would be to win trophies. Which I think is a commendable attitude for a player to have. Wanting to win a trophy does not necessarily equate to wanting to sit on the bench at Man City picking splinters like you intimated (we miss you, Kyle Walker). 

Spurs haven’t won a trophy in yonks. They were sort of in the the title hunt the year Leicester won it (although I felt at the time it was unlikely they could catch them). Anyway, in a two horse race, they finish third. 

Since then, have they ever looked anymore likely to win the league or a trophy since then? They reached a cup semi final last season, against Man Utd and once again, when it mattered they failed to live up to it.

They do not yet have the inherent winning mentality on big occasions that the likes of Man Utd have. People have been talking about Spurs actually winning something for several seasons now. When is this well run club actually going to produce silverware? Because I think they’re behind City, Liverpool and Chelsea as it stands. They’re a better side than Arsenal (who are a work in progress, but the initial signs appear to positive), and they’re certainly a better run club than Man Utd.

In answer to your question, I doubt Kane would go to Man Utd as they currently are (he obviously wouldn’t go to Arsenal)*. But as I said earlier, I think Spurs lack that winning mentality on big occasions that even a ropey Man Utd side have shown to still possess (annoyingly).

*where I perhaps differ from Dr P, is my measure of how attractive a club Spurs was more along the lines of appealing to new players rather than keeping their existing ones. I didn’t see the other top six clubs trying (and failing) to conduct any business with a basket case championship club this summer.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

On 31/10/2018 at 16:05, Zatman said:

I think Kane a very good forward but lacking without Eriksen. You can see that with England

Most elite number 9's are lacking without quality behind them tbh. Lewandowski, who most consider elite (I disagree) is garbage for Poland at every international tournament because of the lack of quality service he gets.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

On 31/10/2018 at 16:15, Zatman said:

I know you don't like Alli for whatever reason, and I know stats aren't everything, but 30 assists over the last 2 years for Alli doesn't exactly suggest that. Nor do his more assists than Eriksen last season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I know you don't like Alli for whatever reason, and I know stats aren't everything, but 30 assists over the last 2 years for Alli doesn't exactly suggest that. Nor do his more assists than Eriksen last season. 

Not that I dont like him, I just dont rate him as a footballer. He is a good goalscorer in fairness but seems to lack technique and patience to play centre midfielder. Also a player that seems to go missing when backs against the wall

He still has time to develop rest of his game but not sure if he will

petty but funny but they have a point

Tottenham warned over Champions League stadium advertisement

Tottenham have been warned by an advertising watchdog after a promotion which claimed their new stadium would be the "only place in London" to watch Champions League football this season.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has sent the club an advice notice and told them to avoid making claims they cannot fulfil.

Spurs have used Wembley as their home, with work on their stadium overrunning.

A fan of North London rivals Arsenal complained to the ASA.

The new stadium, on the site of their old White Hart Lane ground, is now not set to open until at least January 2019.

And Tottenham face a battle to qualify for the Champions League knockout stage, needing to win both their final group matches against Inter Milan and Barcelona.

image.gif.1282e6281778d47d27e7ba8886d45b2e.gif
Tottenham's advertisement ran in May and June of this year

Two complaints, including one from an Arsenal supporter, were made to the advertising regulator on 25 and 28 October.

An ASA spokesman said: "The complainants challenged whether the ad was misleading because the building work of the new stadium has not been completed, therefore it is unlikely customers will get a chance to watch Tottenham play in the Champions League at the new stadium.

"While we considered there were potential problems under our advertising rules we did not consider the issues raised were so significant as to warrant a full formal investigation. This case was assessed and dealt with via an advice notice.

"In this instance, we contacted Tottenham Hotspur and advised them to avoid making claims in future advertising that they cannot fulfil; to avoid disappointing customers. We also advised them that if the ad is still appearing to ensure it is removed. "

Spurs declined to comment, although it is understood the advert was only ever scheduled to run from May to June of this year.

image.gif.75e27dd0f23f0818aef600bd4199453b.gif
Spurs are third in Group B, with two games remaining

The club announced in September they would play all three home Champions League group matches at Wembley as they continued to wait for the move into their new stadium.

Tottenham were the only London club to finish in the top four of the Premier League last season,

A digital billboard campaign, which appeared to show a picture of their unfinished 62,000-seat stadium, featured the words: "The only place to watch Uefa Champions League in London."

Underneath it said: "Time is running out to secure premium seats at Spurs' new stadium."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46143481

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â