VillaGoMarching

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I hope he goes to prison and confiscate his world cup medal

He's a footballer.

Slap on the wrist and a personal driver for the duration.

If the judge is stern he might even have to visit a children's hospital and sign a few autographs.

4 hours ago, sne said:

He's a footballer.

If the judge is stern he might even have to visit a children's hospital and sign a few autographs.

It’s just a good lawyer, not just because he’s a footballer (although it helps paying the fees)

In other Spurs related news Christian Eriksen is stalling on a new contract and their stadium build has been further delayed by a burst water pipe that flooded the building site.

SPURS’ new £1billion stadium suffered another blow today after being flooded when a mains water pipe burst.

Hundreds of litres of water cascaded across two levels of the troubled stadium for at least 45-minutes in the latest humiliation for the Premier League club.

The burst water pipe at Spurs' new stadium is the latest blunder in a series of setbacks for the project

Gallons of water flooded the bowels of Tottenham's new ground on White Hart Lane this morning

Water even poured into a room in the bowels of the new 62,062-seat ground in North London from 8.45am today.

Spurs were furious about the leaked leak.

A spokesman said: "We are not sure why you are paying this any attention — it was a minor incident and dealt with."

A source joked to The Sun: “What a shower!

"It was a mains water pipe and one of the workers accidentally burst it while doing a job.

"But there were farcical scenes because they couldn't turn it off.

"Water poured across the new stadium for at least 45 minutes and everyone was soaked.

"All the head bosses on the construction job came down to try and stop it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7092473/tottenham-stadium-burst-water-pipe-electrics/

• Haha 1

Id take that with a massive pinch of salt

Ill ask mace about it in the week but that sounds 1) something that doesnt happen at this stage of a project 2) blown way out of proportion 3) water main inside the building...so the water board have no shut off at the site boundary ? ok then

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Id take that with a massive pinch of salt

Ill ask mace about it in the week but that sounds 1) something that doesnt happen at this stage of a project 2) blown way out of proportion 3) water main inside the building...so the water board have no shut off at the site boundary ? ok then

Would that be salt water?

• Like 1

Big game for Heung-Min Son today with South Korea in the Asian Games.

If they lose the final he will be forced to do a 2 year military service that is obligatory to all males in South Korea. 

Unless you win an Olympic gold or a gold in the Asian Games.

Must be fun with a bit of added pressure. Either win or you have your plans ready made from the summer 2020 and the next 2 years .

Obviously I'm rooting for Japan in this one :D

Nothing against Son, just fun when things go pear shaped for Spurs.

• Like 2

The security company my wife works for, are fitting out the alarm/sprinkler system in the new stadium and there's huge issues with the whole thing.  Spurs didn't/don't have a principle contractor working on the stadium, so different skilled companies are turning up and having to rip out/change stuff other companies have installed/fitted because it's the only way to do so.  Then the original companies are having to go back in and r-fit around the new stuff, which means the project changes, so they have to re-design everything.  

They're doing it themselves and in the process are throwing away millions of pounds because Levy was trying to save a few quid.  

Now you have to trust me when I say my wife doesn't like football, has no interest in any football and even she knows Levy is a tight prick through the hearsay of the whole thing.  :lol:  

So when the security installation team went in a couple of months ago there was no way for them to install what they needed to because of electrical issues.  They had to rip out a load of electrical equipment before it was even used, install their stuff and the electricians had to go back in, re-fit what had been installed and then fit into the new security systems.

My wife was laughing because electricians are on £500 a day to be there, often having nothing to do, waiting to redo what they'd originally done. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The security company my wife works for, are fitting out the alarm/sprinkler system in the new stadium and there's huge issues with the whole thing.  Spurs didn't/don't have a principle contractor working on the stadium, so different skilled companies are turning up and having to rip out/change stuff other companies have installed/fitted because it's the only way to do so.  Then the original companies are having to go back in and r-fit around the new stuff, which means the project changes, so they have to re-design everything.  

They're doing it themselves and in the process are throwing away millions of pounds because Levy was trying to save a few quid.  

Now you have to trust me when I say my wife doesn't like football, has no interest in any football and even she knows Levy is a tight prick through the hearsay of the whole thing.  :lol:  

So when the security installation team went in a couple of months ago there was no way for them to install what they needed to because of electrical issues.  They had to rip out a load of electrical equipment before it was even used, install their stuff and the electricians had to go back in, re-fit what had been installed and then fit into the new security systems.

My wife was laughing because electricians are on £500 a day to be there, often having nothing to do, waiting to redo what they'd originally done. 

Tottenham confirm more home games at Wembley

Tottenham Hotspur have issued an update on the delay to their new $1.1 billion stadium at White Hart Lane.

Spurs were originally supposed to host their first game at their 62,000 capacity home on Sept. 15 against Liverpool but issues with the “critical safety systems” at the venue caused the delay.

With the Premier league home games with Liverpool and Cardiff already move to Wembley Stadium and their League Cup third round clash with Watford switched to Stadium MK, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has now issued a further update.

Tottenham’s upcoming PL clash with Manchester City will now be played on Oct. 29 at Wembley, with the game being moved back one day due to the NFL game taking place at Wembley between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The club also confirmed that all three UEFA Champions League group stage games this season, against Barcelona (Oct. 3), PSV Eindhoven (Nov. 6) and Inter Milan (Nov. 28), will be played at Wembley.

“We should like to apologise to both our and Manchester City fans for this fixture having to be moved to a weekday evening and any inconvenience caused. Despite the possibility that our new stadium could be ready to host this match, this would not be known until much closer to the date of the game,” Levy said. “We have therefore agreed with the Premier League that, in the interests of clarity and certainty, we shall confirm this game as taking place at this time at Wembley Stadium so that fans of both teams can now make travel arrangements accordingly.”

Levy issued an apology to Tottenham’s fans, while he also thanked the FA, Man City and the Premier League for their understanding of the situation.

“The consequences of not being able to open our new stadium on 15 September against Liverpool have been immense,” Levy continued. “Building a venue of this scale that is open to the general public is a huge undertaking. We are creating, in Tottenham, a unique world class stadium with pioneering technology and engineering. Amongst the consequences of the delay have been substantial additional costs, not least of which the need for alternative venue hire, along with the inconvenience for our fans and those of our opposition.

“I want to apologise once again and thank you all for your support, many of you have taken the time to write to us and commend what we are doing for the Club. When you face times like this in an organisation it’s teamwork and pulling together that gets you through.”

When could Spurs play their first game at their new home stadium?

It seems like November 24 against London rivals Chelsea would be the perfect time to open up the doors for the first time if all the tests go smoothly on the new venue. But if that is the case, then why wouldn’t they play their final UCL group stage game v Inter (Nov. 28) at the new stadium? It’s likely that UEFA would want a guarantee of the venue for all three Champions League games to even out the playing field, so to speak.

Whispers and rumors continue to suggest that Spurs may not be able to move into their new home until January 2019 at the earliest. That would mean more games at Wembley and that would be pretty easy to set up given that there will be no international games for England or NFL clashes throughout December and January.

Not an ideal situation at all for Spurs, but at least they have a very workable solution in Wembley.

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/tottenham-confirm-more-home-games-at-wembley/

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/08/2018 at 17:12, sne said:

He's a footballer.

£50.000 fine and suspended licence for 20 months as it turns out.

About half a weeks salary. Poor lad.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

£50.000 fine and suspended licence for 20 months as it turns out.

About half a weeks salary. Poor lad.

Never ceases to amaze me how someone earning such exorbitant wages can't just take a cab home, christ, they could even afford to have someone pick up or tow their car home the next day. 

This isnt a holier than thou post, I don't advocate drink driving in any way shape or form but it's slightly more understandable that someone earning minimum wage may not be able to afford a cab home etc. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Never ceases to amaze me how someone earning such exorbitant wages can't just take a cab home, christ, they could even afford to have someone pick up or tow their car home the next day. 

This isnt a holier than thou post, I don't advocate drink driving in any way shape or form but it's slightly more understandable that someone earning minimum wage may not be able to afford a cab home etc. 

Exactly, like when Rooney was caught driving that tart home from the pub and got caught with 3 times the limit last year.

I mean, just why?

Sounds like he was smashed as well. The police said he'd vomited in the car and had to be helped out.

Again I'm not condoning drink driving of ANY kind. But it's slightly more understandable if someone has had 2 pints and is slightly over vs someone who has clearly had a lot more and is battered.

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

i would be amazed if in london there isnt some sort of chauffeur service for people who have drunk more than they thought they would, they get a lift to where you are, drive you and your car home and then get a lift back to where they are based, probably charge you a fair bit for it but its better than drink driving

if there isn't then maybe we should set something up ? could be like the next uber, we just need to cash out before the drivers start asking for things like rights

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i would be amazed if in london there isnt some sort of chauffeur service for people who have drunk more than they thought they would, they get a lift to where you are, drive you and your car home and then get a lift back to where they are based, probably charge you a fair bit for it but its better than drink driving

if there isn't then maybe we should set something up ? could be like the next uber, we just need to cash out before the drivers start asking for things like rights

Count me in, that's a good idea.

Almost as good as my toothbrush with toothpaste already loaded in it idea (incidentally, once we smash this Drunk Chauffeur business we'll fire up the toothbrush line of products) :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sounds like he was smashed as well. The police said he'd vomited in the car and had to be helped out.

Again I'm not condoning drink driving of ANY kind. But it's slightly more understandable if someone has had 2 pints and is slightly over vs someone who has clearly had a lot more and is battered.

Agreed, though aside from the severity of the punishment dished out ultimately it's not viewed any differently is it (i.e. you still get done for it, you just get done much more if you're blotto'd) 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Count me in, that's a good idea.

Almost as good as my toothbrush with toothpaste already loaded in it idea (incidentally, once we smash this Drunk Chauffeur business we'll fire up the toothbrush line of products) :)

only if you buy in to my idea of creating a range of instant gravy capsules for a nespresso machine

• Like 1

Â