VillaGoMarching

Celtics supporters really are the most obnoxiously deluded I've come across in over a decade of watching this sport. There's Championship clubs that could walk that league.

3 minutes ago, Caddy said:

Celtics supporters really are the most obnoxiously deluded I've come across in over a decade of watching this sport. There's Championship clubs that could walk that league.

What, more than Spurs'?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Caddy said:

Well Celtic are a bigger club than Spurs for a start

• Thanks 1

I 100% agree that Spurs are a tinpot club and I hope they go the route of Everton, but tbf they've been in or around the top 4 for over a decade before this past season, been to a CL final, etc. Meanwhile that decade for Celtic was (until Rangers finally came back up and competitive) playing in a one-club league filled with League One/Two standard clubs. There's not really a comparison, is there? I know I'm an ignorant Yank but history only counts for so much in the big picture. Not to mention that they'll never stop banging on about "SevCo", and the illegitimacy of Rangers as a whole. As if the Old Firm isn't the *only* thing keeping them relevant at this point.

But anyways, this thread is about Spurs so I'll keep it on topic. It will be delightful to watch them slide into irrelevancy and the ensuing inability of the fanbase to come to terms with it.

Edited by Caddy
  • Like 1

He will be gone by christmas.

I can't see him being given the time to build something as the majority of deluded Spurs fans didn't want him so he's already on a hiding to nothing.

4 hours ago, Caddy said:

Yep, most of the ones I've met are convinced that if they joined the PL their yank fan base would make them one of the top five clubs in the world

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Caddy said:

Not with an SPL budget they wouldn’t. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I can't see him being given the time to build something as the majority of deluded Spurs fans didn't want him so he's already on a hiding to nothing.

Would've been exactly the same here.

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Same could be said for his appointment at Celtic. They wanted Eddie Howe, they got Ange and they weren't happy.

He changed those opinions pretty quickly.

So I have a Spurs fan I used to work with, lovely fella, sensible in all regards barring Spurs.

I asked him what success would be next season, and included the slightly loaded question, "Is 7th a good season?" (I think it would be).

His answer was:

"Nope. Got to be getting back into the top 4 but all relative to the in/outs in the squad, this summers expectations will change dependent on transfers I think".

If Spurs fans (and he's a reasonably sensible one) think Spurs will be getting into a top four over City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle next season, I think they might be in for a shock - if they're expecting to be able to gain ground on that group in the transfer market, I think they might be in for a bit of a shock. If getting back into the top 4 is their immediate hope for their new manager then I think it's very difficult to see the fan base giving him the time and space he'll need to start what will be a long rebuild.

I don't see us getting into the top 4 next season, I think it's going to be incredibly tough - I think our squad is currently better than Spurs squad and I think we might outspend them this summer - it's hard to see how they're going to breeze past us into 4th, let alone compete with some of those teams that are above both of us and likely to spend hundreds of millions of pounds this summer.

I think there's a tough reality lurking around the corner for Spurs and I think they'll end up with Levy sacrificing Postecoglou in January so that he can hold them to the pretence it's not happening.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Rumour is they are after Maguire, imagine having him and Dier as your 2 centre backs 😂

Christ, that'll be England's starting duo for the next decade then with that waistcoat cockface in charge.

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So I have a Spurs fan I used to work with, lovely fella, sensible in all regards barring Spurs.

I asked him what success would be next season, and included the slightly loaded question, "Is 7th a good season?" (I think it would be).

His answer was:

"Nope. Got to be getting back into the top 4 but all relative to the in/outs in the squad, this summers expectations will change dependent on transfers I think".

If Spurs fans (and he's a reasonably sensible one) think Spurs will be getting into a top four over City, United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle next season, I think they might be in for a shock - if they're expecting to be able to gain ground on that group in the transfer market, I think they might be in for a bit of a shock. If getting back into the top 4 is their immediate hope for their new manager then I think it's very difficult to see the fan base giving him the time and space he'll need to start what will be a long rebuild.

I don't see us getting into the top 4 next season, I think it's going to be incredibly tough - I think our squad is currently better than Spurs squad and I think we might outspend them this summer - it's hard to see how they're going to breeze past us into 4th, let alone compete with some of those teams that are above both of us and likely to spend hundreds of millions of pounds this summer.

I think there's a tough reality lurking around the corner for Spurs and I think they'll end up with Levy sacrificing Postecoglou in January so that he can hold them to the pretence it's not happening.

I genuinely think Spurs if they have a terrible window could face a relegation battle. They already need about 7 starters not including Kane potentially leaving

They also have a team built for 3-4-3 so players like Porro and Perisic arent able to play in a back 4 that Postecoglu wants

They also have no Director of Football appointed. I think Postecoglu could be a good appointment but needs to be backed

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Write off Ange at your peril, you have been warned by an Aussie.

Â