Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

And me, the other one (Cardiff?) closed down

Has the former Hooters in Birmingham been forgotten so quickly? 

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not speeding though. My Mrs drives like miss daisy, so the worst she said it could be is going over the traffic lights on amber red when you are stuck in the middle. But where's the evidence? Is from the police or another driver. 

Metaphorically, if we took it to court with a solicitor, we would need to defend it. But how can we build a defense if we don't know what she has done?? What are we admitting too?

Is there a number to call on the letter? You need to know what its about. 

My Dad had a similar letter about 3 points or a course, but it did state what the offence was (driving 58 in a 50 in a variable speed section of the M6). 

He took the points. 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I was bored by half time and knew there was a Hooters near by so me and another mate left early in the second half ,

did polish off 50 chicken wings and a huge rack

I just bet you did. 

image.png.26dcf6b352c4215c07bc5dc974505125.png

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I said a while back my Mrs had recieved a summons for 'driving without consideration for other road users' letter. It said at the time just to confirm who was driving, even though my Mrs had no idea what she had done. We confirmed the driver so we have now recieved a further letter to take 3 points and £100 fine or a driving course, which has to be paid for ofcourse. But she still has no idea what she has done. We thought there would be an explanation on this letter of the offence, but there isn't.

Now, what to do? Just take it we 'may' have committed an offence without even knowing?? I have recommended taking it to court, as it was 0738 in the morning after a 12 hour NHS shift, so depending on what is was for, I cannot see it being any worst, if not, it may even get thrown out, due to insufficient evidence. Note, there was no stop, just a recieved letter, so what is the offence and where is the evidence??

The awareness  course costs less than the fine. If you go to court it will cost you much more when and it really is when, you lose. Never go to court for a motoring conviction unless you have to. And by that I mean you receive a summons and not you electing to go to court.The whole system is designed to make you not want to go to court because petty things like this take up too much time

You can ask to see the evidence first obviously. It is really strange this hasn’t been provided

The 12 hour shift could be seen as evidence of driving when tired and therefore without due care and attention.

The cheapest and simplest option is do the course. Costs you less and you get no points.

You go to court you will get a bigger fine, possibly more points, costs for the prosecution and a victim surcharge, even if there is no victim

It’s one thing having principals it’s another thing entirely when it’s costs you so much more.

My advice would be to contact the officer, ask to see the evidence and then take the course

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not speeding though. My Mrs drives like miss daisy, so the worst she said it could be is going over the traffic lights on amber red when you are stuck in the middle. But where's the evidence? Is from the police or another driver. 

Metaphorically, if we took it to court with a solicitor, we would need to defend it. But how can we build a defense if we don't know what she has done?? What are we admitting too?

There could be a chance she’s completed a driving misdemeanour that’s been recorded by another road user’s (including cyclists) camera.

In any case, I’m pretty sure you’re entitled to view the evidence, free of charge and without hindrance. You can then make you’re own judgement whether your wife admits guilt and takes the course or seeks legal advice to possibly defend against the charge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I said a while back my Mrs had recieved a summons for 'driving without consideration for other road users' letter. It said at the time just to confirm who was driving, even though my Mrs had no idea what she had done. We confirmed the driver so we have now recieved a further letter to take 3 points and £100 fine or a driving course, which has to be paid for ofcourse. But she still has no idea what she has done. We thought there would be an explanation on this letter of the offence, but there isn't.

Now, what to do? Just take it we 'may' have committed an offence without even knowing?? I have recommended taking it to court, as it was 0738 in the morning after a 12 hour NHS shift, so depending on what is was for, I cannot see it being any worst, if not, it may even get thrown out, due to insufficient evidence. Note, there was no stop, just a recieved letter, so what is the offence and where is the evidence??

Might get a clue if you logon to the gov web site ?

https://www.gov.uk/book-national-driver-offender-retraining-course

id guess once you put the reference in, it will link you to the relevant course 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I am hobbling around due to tendonitis. Really very painful but I am committed to my grandsons first ever gig on Friday, Billy Talent in Wolves. The only footwear I have been able to get on is some flip flops. I am going to a bloody gig in flip flops. (for the sake of clarity, no socks)

Edited by Seat68
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I am hobbling around due to tendonitis. Really very painful but I am committed to my grandsons first ever gig on Friday, Billy Talent in Wolves. The only footwear I have been able to get on is some flip flops. I am going to a bloody gig in flip flops. (for the sake of clarity, no socks)

the fact you even owned some flip flops to try on doesn't let you off the hook 

onto the wall of shame for you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

the fact you even owned some flip flops to try on doesn't let you off the hook 

onto the wall of shame for you 

Full disclosure Tony, they are also crocs brand flip flops. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Full disclosure Tony, they are also crocs brand flip flops. 

Buzz and Woody (Toy Story) Meme meme

never mind going on the wall of shame , you should be lined up in front of the wall with a blindfold and a last request

• Haha 1

Back to the McD topic, it's still reasonably cheap in the UK.

I went to Germany for work a month ago and a McFlurry was 3 Euros!

It's gone up to nearly 2 quid over here too.

Lenny Henry. Always trying to pull the race card. Complaining now that there aren't any black people in the crowd at Glasto and other such festivals. 

Should have stuck to comedy... Oh... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Back to the McD topic, it's still reasonably cheap in the UK.

I went to Germany for work a month ago and a McFlurry was 3 Euros!

It's gone up to nearly 2 quid over here too.

The McFlurrys in Orlando were about $4.80 each (although bigger than the UK ones).

I agree with the point that McDonalds in the UK is relatively cheap. I have the Mcdonalds app on my phone and they are relentless with offers and promotions. There always seems to be 20% off or £5 off £20 plus other offers like Big Mac or Nuggets for 99p.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The McFlurrys in Orlando were about $4.80 each (although bigger than the UK ones).

I agree with the point that McDonalds in the UK is relatively cheap. I have the Mcdonalds app on my phone and they are relentless with offers and promotions. There always seems to be 20% off or £5 off £20 plus other offers like Big Mac or Nuggets for 99p.

You were just caught in a tourist trap in Orlando, McDonald's is cheap in America in general.

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Lenny Henry. Always trying to pull the race card.

What's he said that's wrong?

Strong "Mings should stick to football" vibes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Lenny Henry. Always trying to pull the race card. Complaining now that there aren't any black people in the crowd at Glasto and other such festivals. 

I've not read the article , but at face value I'm not sure why he tries to make it a race issue  ,  tickets go on sale and anyone can buy them , if he's surprised by the lack of black faces it could just be because they aren't interested in seeing the acts performing  ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Strong "Mings should stick to football" vibes.

I think it was intended more as a comment that Henry isn't funny rather than a "how dare he  have an opinion " comment 

all subjective of course  , when he first broke on the scene some of his material was pretty good , but he's been about as funny as Mrs Brown's boys for some time now 

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I've not read the article , but at face value I'm not sure why he tries to make it a race issue  ,  tickets go on sale and anyone can buy them , if he's surprised by the lack of black faces it could just be because they aren't interested in seeing the acts performing  ?

That was my take on it too. Not sure he always looks to make things about race. His entire standup routine for how many years was always about being black. 

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Very much could be. Why is that though? One of the things he brings up is that Stormzy is the first ever black person to headline at Glasto, what, 50 years in.

It's a very different crowd, but I went to Download at the weekend. My other half pointed out on the Friday "it's a very white crowd isn't it", and we started keeping count, not including staff, we saw about 10 black/asian people over the next 3 days. Is that because of racism? Probably not, but Lenny Henry doesn't say it is, his documentary is about black representation in culture, and encouraging inclusivity, he's not saying the Glasto organisers or its crowd is racist, just asking the question as to why music festivals seem to be so white dominated.

He's a shit comic, for what it's worth, I just think it's a bit depressing that any time someone talks about race issues, even when they're doing it in a non-accusatory way, it seems some old white blokes are always keen to tell the uppity black people to shut up and get on with their job.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â