Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And me, the other one (Cardiff?) closed down

On the subject of American chains in the UK cinnabon need to hurry the **** up and go properly national, they must be franchises, taken off oop North and a few round London but the nearest to kidderninster is Bristol or Stafford 

Was about to say there is one here. Opposite one of our many McDonalds (and a gym)

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Im more likely to go to a local place now if I'm honest, the quality of the meat has gone right up and they're more likely to try and think outside of the box with the flavour, they're more stepping on the toes of the german equivalent of homemade burger Co than they are McDonald's 

That said I do like burger King, again though that's for the specials, this month alone they have a pastrami burger, a macaroni cheese burger and one they're calling an angry garlic burger, when I was in the UK in April they had a katsu curry burger, McDonald's by comparison have a bbq burger and a double big mac

What do you make of Burgermeister in Berlin?

14 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What do you make of Burgermeister in Berlin?

Not been, there's one on cologne but not in bonn, we have a few hans im gluck and I'd say theyre on par with handmade burger and whatever the other one was called 

Some very good independent ones, theyve opened up a 5 guys in the last year too but that's not for me, best thing in that place is the drinks machine, they've also opened up a dunkin donuts which is always disappointing 

The kebab market is proper fierce with some excellent ones but no one can compete with the bakery market, there's soemthing like 50k odd chain bakeries here (for example there's 2k greggs in the UK) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not been, there's one on cologne but not in bonn, we have a few hans im gluck and I'd say theyre on par with handmade burger and whatever the other one was called 

Some very good independent ones, theyve opened up a 5 guys in the last year too but that's not for me, best thing in that place is the drinks machine, they've also opened up a dunkin donuts which is always disappointing 

The kebab market is proper fierce with some excellent ones but no one can compete with the bakery market, there's soemthing like 50k odd chain bakeries here (for example there's 2k greggs in the UK) 

Check it out if you get chance, there's loads of stores now in Berlin rather than just the original one with massive queues. Quality still seems spot on, especially for the prices. The double burger was phenomenal, and bacony fries etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Hooters

went to See Notts County v Brentford a few years back as part of a lads weekend  ( few Brentford fans in our group)

I was bored by half time and knew there was a Hooters near by so me and another mate left early in the second half , walked up the road and saw a black cab parked up .. got in said take us to hooters  , no problem he said ... we waited at these traffic lights for what seemed 5 minutes , he crossed the junction , turned left and said here you go lads ... a journey of 300 yards :) 

did polish off 50 chicken wings and a huge rack of ribs between the 2 of us though 

• Like 1

I went to Hooters in Santa Monica. My daughter wanted to go and I wanted a beer so off we went. I hated it, it's basic premise is its average at best hand food served by women in a tight top and shorts. I vowed never to go on one again. Then I went to Vegas and again on 2 occasions people I was with were intent on going in, mainly to ogle women. **** depressing place. 

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I went to Hooters in Santa Monica. My daughter wanted to go and I wanted a beer so off we went. I hated it, it's basic premise is its average at best hand food served by women in a tight top and shorts. I vowed never to go on one again. Then I went to Vegas and again on 2 occasions people I was with were intent on going in, mainly to ogle women. **** depressing place. 

Hooters is awful. 

Doctor's Office in Santa Monica sells the best burger in the States!

I went to one in San Diego and got chatting to a local girl there. She seemed surprised to hear me ask why young women would want to come to a place famous for it's busty waitresses unless she was gay or bi....she said it was a great place to meet men as most of the punters were beered up lads.....made sense I guess !

36 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I went to one in San Diego and got chatting to a local girl there. She seemed surprised to hear me ask why young women would want to come to a place famous for it's busty waitresses unless she was gay or bi....she said it was a great place to meet men as most of the punters were beered up lads.....made sense I guess !

there was a video on tik-tok recenbtly where one of the waitresses was showing her tips , thats TIPS  for you of a dirty mind that saw something else on the page 

think she took about $1300 in tips for one week  .. + her pay which was something criminal like $2  an hour 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

think she took about $1300 in tips for one week  .. + her pay which was something criminal like $2  an hour 

I have no idea of current American prices / wages etc but I saw a signing up bonus for Uber in Nashville from last week that was $2400 if you completed 200 trips, that can be done easily in a week, 2 if you are lazy. That's $12 a trip bonus. Seems like crazy money but also makes Hooters tips for a week see a bit low

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

there was a video on tik-tok recenbtly where one of the waitresses was showing her tips , thats TIPS  for you of a dirty mind that saw something else on the page 

Hold on a second… you have tik-tok?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hold on a second… you have tik-tok?

yeah i'm old but not THAT old ,  its my goto source of amusement when I'm on a train , sitting on the bog etc  and don't want anything too taxing on the brain  

I don't have an account but its algorithm seems to know what you look at so I get quite a lot of comedy and football stuff and girls dancing in bikinis for some reason :detect:  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Genie said:

That’s true but my comment was more about the general service in store and drive through.

Eating in is a nightmare now. You have to order at a screen and wait in a huddle with a dozen agitated and frustrated delivery drivers. Then you sit down and it’s noisy and stressful so you eat fast and get out as quick as possible.

Drive through usually involves long slow moving queues and the food is cold and limp when you get it home.

I think their problems stem from JustEat/Ubereats. They aren’t setup for it and now they are trying to make everyone  happy (take everyone’s money) it’s all gone to shit.

They should open delivery only kitchens, and leave the other restaurants for eating in/drive through.

Like most children mine used to love Mcdonald’s as a treat but they aren’t bothered anymore. Eating in, collecting or getting delivered all comes with downsides that it’s not worth.

If you want to take your nippers to Maccies, then the one at Bassets Pole might be good for you. Never seen an Uber Eats/Just Eat/Deliveroo driver there. Admittedly I've only been a handful of times but always ordered at the till instead of the screens and its usually fairly empty! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

....and girls dancing in bikinis for some reason :detect:  

I get a lot of those as well. How strange 🤔

I've been to 2x Hooters. I quite like them to be honest! The food is ok and they serve cold beer! 

I was on holiday so I was probably in a better mood.  A Hooters in Corby or Coventry might not have the same appeal!

• Haha 1

I said a while back my Mrs had recieved a summons for 'driving without consideration for other road users' letter. It said at the time just to confirm who was driving, even though my Mrs had no idea what she had done. We confirmed the driver so we have now recieved a further letter to take 3 points and £100 fine or a driving course, which has to be paid for ofcourse. But she still has no idea what she has done. We thought there would be an explanation on this letter of the offence, but there isn't.

Now, what to do? Just take it we 'may' have committed an offence without even knowing?? I have recommended taking it to court, as it was 0738 in the morning after a 12 hour NHS shift, so depending on what is was for, I cannot see it being any worst, if not, it may even get thrown out, due to insufficient evidence. Note, there was no stop, just a recieved letter, so what is the offence and where is the evidence??

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I have recommended taking it to court, as it was 0738 in the morning after a 12 hour NHS shift. 

My doctor neighbour got a speeding ticket in those exact circumstances, during the worst period of the pandemic. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

My doctor neighbour got a speeding ticket in those exact circumstances, during the worst period of the pandemic. 

It's not speeding though. My Mrs drives like miss daisy, so the worst she said it could be is going over the traffic lights on amber red when you are stuck in the middle. But where's the evidence? Is from the police or another driver. 

Metaphorically, if we took it to court with a solicitor, we would need to defend it. But how can we build a defense if we don't know what she has done?? What are we admitting too?

Â