Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Should list all the things I hate about Soccer Aid:

• Jonathan Wilkes - who is he, this must be the only day of the year when he gets to be relevant
  • The "rest of the world" teams - always stuffed with English people who have a foreign grandma
  • The way Mark Wright and Damien Lewis behave like they're actually retired pros
  • Never heard of most of the celebs
  • The game itself is worse than your average Sunday league District Div 3
  • Typical passage of play... Ballon d'Or winner gets the ball and pings an inch perfect cross field pass to Chunkz who shins it into touch
  • Liam Payne from One Direction
  • The fact I still always end up hate watching it for some reason

Probably missed a few off

My sister "knows" Jonathon Wilkes

She says "oh he's famous" and I ask why. "He's mates with Robbie Williams" is all I've ever understood it to be. 🤷‍♂️

Apparently he and his missus have a dance school in Swindon. Really big claim to fame!

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Seriously never heard of him. 

When I say “know” she’s met him about three times and knows what he looks like.

My sister reads trashy tabloid magazines like US & People etc. We don’t have much in common.

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

My sister "knows" Jonathon Wilkes

She says "oh he's famous" and I ask why. "He's mates with Robbie Williams" is all I've ever understood it to be. 🤷‍♂️

Apparently he and his missus have a dance school in Swindon. Really big claim to fame!

I’m pretty sure he hosted Catchphrase for a short period of time, that’s pretty big time 😉 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Should list all the things I hate about Soccer Aid:

• Jonathan Wilkes - who is he, this must be the only day of the year when he gets to be relevant
  • The "rest of the world" teams - always stuffed with English people who have a foreign grandma
  • The way Mark Wright and Damien Lewis behave like they're actually retired pros
  • Never heard of most of the celebs
  • The game itself is worse than your average Sunday league District Div 3
  • Typical passage of play... Ballon d'Or winner gets the ball and pings an inch perfect cross field pass to Chunkz who shins it into touch
  • Liam Payne from One Direction
  • The fact I still always end up hate watching it for some reason

Probably missed a few off

I watch bits of the game last night and tbh didn’t see Jonathon Wilkes at all, was he there?

I have to agree on some of the points. You can tell it’s the highlight of the year for people like Mark Wright. He takes it far too seriously. Damian Lewis gets a pass as his wife died a few months ago.

I’ve watched a few and it’s surprising how shit the female footballers are.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

The fries at that new Russian version of McDonalds look a damn site better than the fries I usually get at McDonalds. 

Really? The fries at McDonald’s are pretty damn good for my liking, those salty little bastards.

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Really? The fries at McDonald’s are pretty damn good for my liking, those salty little bastards.

maccies fries have gone way downhill, they have down my way anyway. to the point that next time i'm not ordering them

• Like 1

‘Arry Redknapp was up to his old tricks last night. The rules are that in the second half the “celebrity” keepers must go in goal. England had some actor (who i’ve not heard of) come on for David James at half time but then immediately did his hamstring. ‘Arry wanted to put James back in goal but was “going mad” apparently as he wasn’t allowed. He was told he had to put an outfield celebrity in goal. He decided not to make the change and left this poor guy who was clearly in a lot of pain play the second half and the penalty shoot out (which they lost).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Is that a typo? What or who is a Chunkz?

30 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

maccies fries have gone way downhill, they have down my way anyway. to the point that next time i'm not ordering them

I rarely order them, usually these horrible soggy limp affairs these days. 

Edited by sidcow

47 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Not just the fries, I think the whole place has gone down hill, the food is bland and dry most of the time, the specials are 100 variances on a bacon cheese burger, it's a boring place 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not just the fries, I think the whole place has gone down hill, the food is bland and dry most of the time, the specials are 100 variances on a bacon cheese burger, it's a boring place 

And the service has also nose dived too. 

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

FTFY 

I was surprised by the fact they looked worse than the non-footballer celebrity players.

Stuart Downing also looked like a competition winner. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's got worse since they've gone down the "freshly made" route. 

The food used to percolate nicely in the heated holding area. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think it's got worse since they've gone down rbe "freshly made" route. 

The food used to percolate nicely in the heated holding area. 

thats what i thought when genie said about the service going downhill, they've made these changes to be fresh and better but they're not, the product has got worse and now with the fresh element and the touch screen orders you're lucky if they grunt your number out

Â