Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 04/06/2022 at 13:17, choffer said:

Aussie commentators:

”so and so is on dayboo”

:bang:

I am am Australian, well haven’t lived there for twenty years. I have no idea what that means

Edited by Withnail
Who knows

On 03/06/2022 at 06:13, mottaloo said:

Sitting in the members' pavilion at Lords,  enjoying the cricket...well, I WAS enjoying it until I checked VT  inbetween overs and saw an insulting post...so insulting that I spilt my (seventh) glass of champers all down my stripy jacket in a trembling rage. 

I was so upset I couldn't finish my prawn sandwich. I'll stuff it under my cap for later on.

The funny thing I played ore cricket in my first five years in British Columbia than I ever did in twenty five years in England.

My qualifications to play cricket? A plummy English accent apparently.

5 hours ago, Withnail said:

I am am Australian, well haven’t lived there for twenty years. I have no idea what that means

I think it might mean 'debut', as a guess.  That's how an aussie would say debut I guess.  Dayboo.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Minced beef, maybe some sausage meat, boiled eggs, breadcrumbs and carrots. Usually served with a gravy.

Great comfort food with mashed potatoes and green beans ideally.

So, a deconstructed cottage pie, then? 

The difference between Four Four Two the magazine and their Twatter feed is stark.

Great magazine with intelligent articles.

The Twatter feed is nothing but inane filler and stupid questions like "What player broke your heart 💔?"

Sad spectacle. 

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The difference between Four Four Two the magazine and their Twatter feed is stark.

Great magazine with intelligent articles.

That is seemingly totally unaware of the existence of Aston Villa. OK, there's a short Rotterdam 82 article in this month's issue, but that's a mega rarity. They recently had a "Best 100 players in the Premier League" feature with no mention of Coutinho (I expect the excuse was that he was still on loan, but come on). 

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Are there breadcrumbs is a cottage pie?

Nope, nor egg, which is the difference, they're binding agents, same as you would use with mincemeat when making your own burgers but without being sure here I'd guess meatloaf uses more breadcrumbs which is what makes it what it is effectively a big burger but then baked rather than grilled giving it a different texture 

Did you ever try a chopped cheese when living in New York? That's on my list of things to try, to be honest when I was in NY it completely passed me by and I was going to 2 deli type places a day for food

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope, nor egg, which is the difference, they're binding agents, same as you would use with mincemeat when making your own burgers but without being sure here I'd guess meatloaf uses more breadcrumbs which is what makes it what it is effectively a big burger but then baked rather than grilled giving it a different texture 

Did you ever try a chopped cheese when living in New York? That's on my list of things to try, to be honest when I was in NY it completely passed me by and I was going to 2 deli type places a day for food

Never heard of it! What is that?

I don't make burgers with bread crumbs. I use an old fashioned recipe which is a packet onion soup mix mixed into mince meat. Very 1950's but with grass fed beef you can't beat it.

GUEST_7211d4a2-c460-41fe-b676-68aa5370a4

Chopped cheese looks like a phillie cheese steak competitor from the NY delis and bodegas

You grill burger patties, need to get that kind of burnt crispness on the outside of them, then chop them up getting them closer to mince meat, put some green peppers on there, then some American cheese, mix it all up, serve on a hero roll with lettuce and tomato, not sure what sauce goes with it

The main thing is you have to cook the meat as a burger because it changes the texture, if you chop it up first it won't cook the same 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Never heard of it! What is that?

I don't make burgers with bread crumbs. I use an old fashioned recipe which is a packet onion soup mix mixed into mince meat. Very 1950's but with grass fed beef you can't beat it.

GUEST_7211d4a2-c460-41fe-b676-68aa5370a4

You've become One Of Them, using stuff out of packets. 

My wife makes the burgers in our house. Steak mince, salt, pepper, bit of garlic. That's it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That is seemingly totally unaware of the existence of Aston Villa. OK, there's a short Rotterdam 82 article in this month's issue, but that's a mega rarity. They recently had a "Best 100 players in the Premier League" feature with no mention of Coutinho (I expect the excuse was that he was still on loan, but come on). 

I actually haven't read the mag in about 20 years...has it been dumbed down?

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I actually haven't read the mag in about 20 years...has it been dumbed down?

Not dumbed down as such, just obsessed with the so-called 'big' clubs. 

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You've become One Of Them, using stuff out of packets. 

My wife makes the burgers in our house. Steak mince, salt, pepper, bit of garlic. That's it. 

You don't have to add a binder but I find it easier to cook them of you do, if you want perfectly round burgers that flip easy then use an egg in the mince 

• Like 1

I can go to Egbaston cricket ground to watch a sport I dont like (yesterday, first time in forever)and I can get a pint whenever I want from a huge array of selection. I can go a 30 second walk from my seat and can get chicken, pizza, fish and chips, donuts, crepes, vegan options, burgers , pies and anything else I've forgotten.

I can to VP and get none of that, or be prepared to spend 25 minutes in a queue.

...and I've just spent 150 quid more than last year for the privilege.

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I can go to Egbaston cricket ground to watch a sport I dont like (yesterday, first time in forever)and I can get a pint whenever I want from a huge array of selection. I can go a 30 second walk from my seat and can get chicken, pizza, fish and chips, donuts, crepes, vegan options, burgers , pies and anything else I've forgotten.

I can to VP and get none of that, or be prepared to spend 25 minutes in a queue.

...and I've just spent 150 quid more than last year for the privilege.

But are you going there to eat or to enjoy watching you favorite team underperform  play?

On 04/06/2022 at 11:39, villa4europe said:

I actually like doing a thanksgiving dinner, it's a bit of fun, green bean casserole is also underrated (but making it with a tin of mushroom soup?! Come on you lazy bastards! *) 

That said American biscuits and gravy is up there with their gun laws, healthcare and date formatting, absolute wrong uns 

* that's another thing on american cooking, watching baking shows and everything is out of a packet, fondant is a packet, butter cream is a packet, the fruit fillings are from packets, I'm amazed American bake off doesn't let them use pre made sponges because that's about the only thing they do

Don’t you dare come after biscuits and gravy! That stuff is delectable

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Don’t you dare come after biscuits and gravy! That stuff is delectable

My only problem with biscuits and gravy is that it is neither biscuits nor gravy

• Like 2

Â