Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It did cross my mind whether I should bother paying as I was now late, but I thought I would just in case it someone got me off the hook.

I guess they’ll track my name and address down via my registration and send me a letter?

Yep

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, limpid said:

Maximum of 16C and rain here in Glasgow. People keep posting about a "heatwave".

Also 16° and raining here in Keswick. 

I could just have stayed at home and sat in the garden (Leeds is 27° and sunny). 

1) Oh sweet Jebus this appears to be peak bagpiping weather for the Representative for Wellingborough that can't play them at the back of ours

2) We got an Amazon delivery today, the driver thought it was perfectly acceptable to reverse onto our drive (missing me by about a meter, and the pressure washer I was using and in fact the house) and once he'd handed me the parcel he was about to walk up the close opposite to deliver another, leaving the van on my drive. Think again dickhead. He then made the mistake of still parking the van outside our whilst he walked up the close. Needs to clean his van now that dirt from the pressure washer goes everywhere, oops

3) The Tumble drier is fubarred so we'll need a new one

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

It did include a 54 point inspection / service but still, 2 hours was taking the piss. 

All done now though

I had an oil service at Audi Tamworth last year. 2 hour slot. Decided to wait as it was a nice day and work was quiet. Over 3 hours! 

Least I was getting paid. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

1) Oh sweet Jebus this appears to be peak bagpiping weather for the Representative for Wellingborough that can't play them at the back of ours

2) We got an Amazon delivery today, the driver thought it was perfectly acceptable to reverse onto our drive (missing me by about a meter, and the pressure washer I was using and in fact the house) and once he'd handed me the parcel he was about to walk up the close opposite to deliver another, leaving the van on my drive. Think again dickhead. He then made the mistake of still parking the van outside our whilst he walked up the close. Needs to clean his van now that dirt from the pressure washer goes everywhere, oops

3) The Tumble drier is fubarred so we'll need a new one

Why are you using the tumble dryer on the hottest day of the year?

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I hope he's playing some Paul Young songs. 

11 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

What pisses me off that shouldn't ?

When I post a really funny pic or comment and I get lots of laughing emoji reactions.....but I only ever seem to get a "like" from @Xelaat the most ☹️

Have a like. 

Mate. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

What pisses me off that shouldn't ?

When I post a really funny pic or comment and I get lots of laughing emoji reactions.....but I only ever seem to get a "like" from @Xelaat the most ☹️

See, I've given you a laughing emoji but it was really meant for @Xela for liking your post, so you've effectively got a surrogate laughing emoji from @Xela

tenor.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wasn't going to moan but what the hey. 

My Polo has lightning strips along the underside of the bonnet. Not sidelights or daytime running lights, just decorative led strips.  The drivers side one has stopped working. 

I went to great pains to explain what light had gone. 

Got it booked in last week. They phoned me later to say they hadn't got the part in and would have to order it and it may not arrive so they would let me know the day before. 

They called me as scheduled to say it was in so the car would be done as booked.  An hour later they called back to apologise, the part hadn't arrived after all. 

Eventually it came in and we rebooked the appointment. Unfortunately this meant I had to get up super duper early and get there when they opened in order for Mrs Sidcow to get me home before she went to work. 

Heard nothing from them by 4.00 so called as Sidcow Jnr had to take me to pick it up before he went off somewhere.  This is when they told me they had ordered the wrong part so they couldn't do it. The part is now on order and we need to do it all again. 

Aaaaggghhhh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My Polo has lightning strips along the underside of the bonnet. Not sidelights or daytime running lights, just decorative led strips.  The drivers side one has stopped working. 

I’ve no idea what this is

• Thanks 2

I’ve no idea what this is

image.png.43c643f3d918c1b96673cbed06b75e36.png

See the thin led strip light to the left of the headlight.  It runs all along the front of the car.  One of these has gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I think Sidcow has a sticker on his back car window saying "Cruisin is not a crime". 

I think @Seat68 has got a sticker on his VT profile saying "Cruisin for a bruising" 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

image.png.43c643f3d918c1b96673cbed06b75e36.png

See the thin led strip light to the left of the headlight.  It runs all along the front of the car.  One of these has gone. 

Gotcha.

You made it sound like some rude boy mk2 golf mod like the blue led strips underneath the car.

• Haha 1

Gotcha.

You made it sound like some rude boy mk2 golf mod like the blue led strips underneath the car.

Nah, the new Polo has these LED strips along the front and some really smart looking ones around the interior of the front doors and dash.  They do look cool I have to say. It's been a massive upgrade in so many ways from the previous model which I chopped this in for. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Gotcha.

I never knew @sidcow was a Max Power reader. 

• Shocked 1

Â