Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not just the fries, I think the whole place has gone down hill, the food is bland and dry most of the time, the specials are 100 variances on a bacon cheese burger, it's a boring place 

it used to be super cheap too...the prices have gradually crept up though

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats what i thought when genie said about the service going downhill, they've made these changes to be fresh and better but they're not, the product has got worse and now with the fresh element and the touch screen orders you're lucky if they grunt your number out

That’s true but my comment was more about the general service in store and drive through.

Eating in is a nightmare now. You have to order at a screen and wait in a huddle with a dozen agitated and frustrated delivery drivers. Then you sit down and it’s noisy and stressful so you eat fast and get out as quick as possible.

Drive through usually involves long slow moving queues and the food is cold and limp when you get it home.

I think their problems stem from JustEat/Ubereats. They aren’t setup for it and now they are trying to make everyone  happy (take everyone’s money) it’s all gone to shit.

They should open delivery only kitchens, and leave the other restaurants for eating in/drive through.

Like most children mine used to love Mcdonald’s as a treat but they aren’t bothered anymore. Eating in, collecting or getting delivered all comes with downsides that it’s not worth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it used to be super cheap too...the prices have gradually crept up though

Can’t remember if I mentioned this before but we went to Mcdonald’s on I-Drive in Florida on the way back from a water park to get McFlurrys.

4x Mcflurrys, 1 medium coke zero and 1 small fries was over $23! Insane price.

• Shocked 2

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s true but my comment was more about the general service in store and drive through.

Eating in is a nightmare now. You have to order at a screen and wait in a huddle with a dozen agitated and frustrated delivery drivers. Then you sit down and it’s noisy and stressful so you eat fast and get out as quick as possible.

Drive through usually involves long slow moving queues and the food is cold and limp when you get it home.

I think their problems stem from JustEat/Ubereats. They aren’t setup for it and now they are trying to make everyone  happy (take everyone’s money) it’s all gone to shit.

They should open delivery only kitchens, and leave the other restaurants for eating in/drive through.

Like most children mine used to love Mcdonald’s as a treat but they aren’t bothered anymore. Eating in, collecting or getting delivered all comes with downsides that it’s not worth.

i probably contribute to that problem to be fair. haven't set foot in a mcdonalds in years, mine always comes from ubereats!

Im more likely to go to a local place now if I'm honest, the quality of the meat has gone right up and they're more likely to try and think outside of the box with the flavour, they're more stepping on the toes of the german equivalent of homemade burger Co than they are McDonald's 

That said I do like burger King, again though that's for the specials, this month alone they have a pastrami burger, a macaroni cheese burger and one they're calling an angry garlic burger, when I was in the UK in April they had a katsu curry burger, McDonald's by comparison have a bbq burger and a double big mac

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Can’t remember if I mentioned this before but we went to Mcdonald’s on I-Drive in Florida on the way back from a water park to get McFlurrys.

Christ, we're such targets we even get rip off Britain overseas! 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Genie said:

See I can't do that, I wouldn't bemoan someone going to McDonald's et Al abroad as I think it's fun but only if I'm getting an exclusive from that country 

If you said you'd gone to taco Bell or Wendy's and done it then it'd be different but not McDonald's! 

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

See I can't do that, I wouldn't bemoan someone going to McDonald's et Al abroad as I think it's fun but only if I'm getting an exclusive from that country 

If you said you'd gone to taco Bell or Wendy's and done it then it'd be different but not McDonald's! 

We went to plenty of unique US places on the trip like Denny’s, iHop, Hooters 👀, Wendy’s etc.

Its just we were leaving the water park but fancied ice creams and thought we’d get better value from Mcdonald’s than the overpriced junk in the park. The McDonalds (it claims to be the biggest in the world) was a 2 minute walk from the hotel so we got Uber to McD’s then walked back to hotel. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

DO they not have them in Daventry?

Wendy’s are all well away from the midlands

• 1 Station Road, Reading, RG1 1LG
  • Stratford Shopping Centre, 52 Broadway, London, E15 1XE
  • 19-20 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 1NG
  • 64 South Street, Romford, RM1 1RB
  • 1 Magdalen Street, Oxford, OX1 3AA
  • 192 Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2BA

As far as I am aware the only Hooters is in Nottingham.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wendy’s are all well away from the midlands

• 1 Station Road, Reading, RG1 1LG
  • Stratford Shopping Centre, 52 Broadway, London, E15 1XE
  • 19-20 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 1NG
  • 64 South Street, Romford, RM1 1RB
  • 1 Magdalen Street, Oxford, OX1 3AA
  • 192 Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2BA

Daventry to Oxford is only 38 miles :D

4 hours ago, Genie said:

And the service has also nose dived too. 

I went to maccie D's in Haarlem for the 1st time in 6 months.

It was brilliant,  food on table within 4-5 minutes.  Super tasty and really enjoyable.  They do waiter service now so you don't need to ever go to the counter.  (Is this a world wide thing? So you grab a table number thing and add that to the electronic order?) .

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Is this a world wide thing?

No, you have to understand numbers in Gruntish and have the ability to catch your own food as it slips off the unbalanced tray they hand you

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

And me, the other one (Cardiff?) closed down

On the subject of American chains in the UK cinnabon need to hurry the **** up and go properly national, they must be franchises, taken off oop North and a few round London but the nearest to kidderninster is Bristol or Stafford 

Â