Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Id need collection only, didn't think you could do that on ebay? 

Yeah you can, there’s a box for collection only during the listing process. 

Edit: found it

78-E0-C932-24-E7-4-D51-AFA6-94-B94-AC775

Remember if you sell on ebay without an offer they’ll charge you final value fees (usually about 10% I think).

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, trekka said:

Before the days of the internet, my brother used to buy the Bargain Pages religiously every week.  It seems to be run on Loot nowadays.  Not sure how good it is. 

Got my first car from the bargain pages! A Metro, which cost £600. From Kings Heath I think 🤔

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just messaged the girl to say keep my £30 and they obviously need it more than me. Got a message straight back, "don't speak to me like that, we don't need it more than you,  my partner's dad had died, we have all sorts of problems at the moment. Really! So sorry, thought I was a customer of there's, been 6 weeks now for a measley £30 they live 5 miles away. As I said........Idiots.

Has their "partners dad dieing" prevented them from paying the money?

Did the sudden death suddenly stop their limbs from working or make them lose their ability to pay via online transaction?

Arseholes!

• Like 2

On 08/10/2021 at 11:42, rjw63 said:

Motorway driving.

Dickheads that sit at junctions.

You're driving along and you see in the distance to the right, a car emerge at a junction.

They remain there...  Then, at the last minute as your about to approach and go past them the muppet decides to pull out in front of you??

What was wrong waiting for another 5 seconds of giving way until I had driven passed??

Or even at times when you're cruising along and some dickhead pulls out of a junction in such a hurry, but then  proceeds to travel at 40mph when it's in a **** 50 zone, resulting me having to crawl at snail pace behind the absolute piss stains for the rest of the journey!!

I swear half of these **** mutants get their driving licence out of a christmas cracker!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Dickheads that sit at junctions.

You're driving along and you see in the distance to the right, a car emerge at a junction.

They remain there...  Then, at the last minute as your about to approach and go past them the muppet decides to pull out in front of you??

What was wrong waiting for another 5 seconds of giving way until I had driven passed??

Or even at times when you're cruising along and some dickhead pulls out of a junction in such a hurry, but then  proceeds to travel at 40mph when it's in a **** 50 zone, resulting me having to crawl at snail pace behind the absolute piss stains for the rest of the journey!!

I swear half of these **** mutants get their driving licence out of a christmas cracker!

Quality post Rico. Has happened to me many times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Six hour drive back to Leeds from Pembrokeshire yesterday. Unlike the drive down a week ago, blissfully trouble free in terms of weather and traffic conditions. 

Do you enjoy driving distances like that? I do. Not all the time, I wouldn't want to do it 5 times a week but every now and again is lovely. I find it relaxing. 

Off to Norfolk week after next and looking forward to the drive. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do you enjoy driving distances like that? I do. Not all the time, I wouldn't want to do it 5 times a week but every now and again is lovely. I find it relaxing. 

Off to Norfolk week after next and looking forward to the drive. 

II do but not on Motorways. When I was going down to Bristol all the time I used to go down the middle of Wales to completely avoid the M6/5 that would have been a chore but driving that way meant I could stop off in more interesting places and when I wanted to. The scenery was obviously much better and because I did it about ten times a year it was great watching the seasons change and spotting Red Kites and stuff like that

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Don't tell the wife, who thinks I'm some sort of hero for doing it, but I kinda do, yeah. Especially with music playing. 

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

I do but not on Motorways.

Depends on conditions. Last week it was pissing down with rain, and three minor accidents caused massive tailbacks on the M62. Once we were onto the Welsh country roads, it was much nicer, watching the landscape changing (even in the rain). Coming back, it was plain sailing, and even the motorway was enjoyable, ticking off the miles across the Pennines. 

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

II do but not on Motorways. When I was going down to Bristol all the time I used to go down the middle of Wales to completely avoid the M6/5 that would have been a chore but driving that way meant I could stop off in more interesting places and when I wanted to. The scenery was obviously much better and because I did it about ten times a year it was great watching the seasons change and spotting Red Kites and stuff like that

I do the same, the trip to my parents' is about an hour and twenty on the m1, yet they look at me like I'm crazy for taking the backroads through Leicestershire which only adds 20 minutes to the journey. Quiet, NSL country lanes with the roof down and music blaring. It's the highlight of the visit :D 

• Like 2

If the motorway is clear I would much rather travel down the motorway when I go to Manchester once or twice a week. I can go over the Derbyshire dales if I want, but strangely, I hate driving through all that country. I remember once travelling through the Dales, an it was thick with fog, I mean you really couldn't see your hand in from of you. As soon as I came back down to Derby city it was clear as day and the sun was out.  For me it would be a absolute nightmare to live in a place like that, although I guess I am a typical city boy.

Seen one field, you’ve seen ‘em all.

I’ve been all around Huddersfield and York, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley, Halifax, Rochdale and Preston lately.

The towns are far more interesting than the fields of nondescript green in between. I mean, fair enough if there’s a mountain or a lake. But I don’t get the romantic view of agricultural fields of what is basically, grass to feed cows.

I'd agree with that. It's more the roads I enjoy than the scenery, but even if fields and trees get a bit dull, it beats the steel barriers and concrete walls along the motorway. Give me the same view for each road type though, and I'd still take the country lanes. And it's only half because I shit myself driving next to lorries in the Caterham :D 

Edited by Davkaus

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Seen one field, you’ve seen ‘em all.

I’ve been all around Huddersfield and York, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley, Halifax, Rochdale and Preston lately.

The towns are far more interesting than the fields of nondescript green in between. I mean, fair enough if there’s a mountain or a lake. But I don’t get the romantic view of agricultural fields of what is basically, grass to feed cows.

Ah but you do a lot of miles for work. I do 5k miles max per year and live in a concrete jungle. Fields are still great scenery for me :) 

• Like 1

Â