Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Have you looked on YouTube, it might be available to play on there. 

It is, its also on Spotify but that isn't the point 🤐

In other more intersting news I just discovered a feature in VT I didn't know existed... type :PP or indeed : P to see what I mean

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

It is, its also on Spotify but that isn't the point 🤐

In other more intersting news I just discovered a feature in VT I didn't know existed... type :PP or indeed : P to see what I mean

👏

This is new news.

You appreciate I was being facetious I hope. 

The red list has been cut to just 7 places, great, however in true UK government fashion they have the place i’m booked to go to for my 40th on the “green” list but also with the official advice being not to travel unless essential. rocket polishers.

Edit: It’s actually worse than I thought. Several of the places that have been removed from the red list (Jamaica, Mexico, Cape Verde etc) have the official advice as example below:

The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to the whole of Mexico based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

So Insurance companies won’t cover you and tour operators won’t go there. What a waste of time.

(I appreciate this is very much a first world problem and many people have much more important things to worry about).

Edited by Genie

12 hours ago, Xela said:

People who when they take a pill, do that over exaggerated head jerk back when they swallow. You're not a **** pelican! You don't need to do it. You have the requisite muscles in your throat to swallow. 

Gary Oldman in the movie Leon invented the correct way to swallow a pill.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The key jangling shits...

The pill thing has bugged me for ages. My first job was as an office junior in 1997... I sat next to the bosses secretary and she did it. The head jerk was so vigorous I'm surprised she didn't claim whiplash! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

People who when they take a pill, do that over exaggerated head jerk back when they swallow. You're not a **** pelican! You don't need to do it. You have the requisite muscles in your throat to swallow. 

I blame Hollywood .. the "hero" always takes about 15 pills at a time dry and without water  ..  

Ballers was almost  a perfect show until Spencer Strasmore kept eating painkillers like they were smarties .. I felt the need to knock off a strongly worded complaint  

images.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Motorway driving.

I always like to leave a two car gap between myself and the vehicle in front. Only you can't, because as soon as you do some lane-swapping spunktrumpet moves into it. **** shitsniffers.

And also when the overhead gantry gives you a speed limit due to heavy traffic, let's say 60mph, why does almost everyone take notice except for the words removed driving BMWs, Audis and **** Range Rovers?

As someone that had to burn half a days annual leave due to not paying attention to the overhead gantry, now I am a stickler for motorway speed limits. Currently driving a Merc, it may change should I get an Audi. 

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

And also when the overhead gantry gives you a speed limit due to heavy traffic, let's say 60mph, why does almost everyone take notice except for the words removed driving BMWs, Audis and **** Range Rovers?

Thats the speed limit? I thought it was the weather forecast

:trollface:

I do agree with your points on motorway driving. I've stopped using it to get my folks now... go the A5 instead. Still some driving shittery on there but nothing like the M6, J7-10, which seems to be full of absolute melts. 

On 05/10/2021 at 16:52, Seat68 said:

I want to listen to my copy of Blue Monday. My records still aren't in alphabetical order. I don't know what the spine looks like, probably all black. I don't know if it has a spine or is flat like a 7" sleeve. It should have a spine due to its design. I have spent 15 minutes searching for it (with these eyes) I have now given up. 

In unrelated news I found out in the last 15 minutes I own vinyl copies of Talking Heads True Stories and  Stop Making Sense. They join the 2 CD copies of Little Creatures. 

Apropos nothing, I too own those vinyls, but can find them easily.

• Haha 1

Trying to give away a couple of pieces of furniture for free on fb marketplace.

What a nightmare, I wish I hadn’t bothered.

About 10 people messaged, “is it available” yes it is, can you collect today? Silence.

Or yes, ok what time? silence.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

About 10 people messaged, “is it available” yes it is, can you collect today? Silence.

Best off just burning it. FB marketplace is full of time stealers.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Best off just burning it. FB marketplace is full of time stealers.

Pain in the arse. After about 12/13 enquiries I've got someone who replies and has confirmed when he’ll come and take the free furniture.

2 people asked if I could deliver it for free also. 

Next time i’ll just break it up and take it to the tip.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

As someone that had to burn half a days annual leave due to not paying attention to the overhead gantry, now I am a stickler for motorway speed limits. Currently driving a Merc, it may change should I get an Audi. 

Ditto, and it was only my third time driving on the motorway, a few months after passing my test.

I was doing 70mph on the M5, flying past everyone else doing 40mph, tutting at them all for driving dangerously slow.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

Phone one of the charities.

The Heart Foundation came and took our unwanted sofa away and sold it for over £100 so a good result all round.

Note: sofas need the fire resistant labels or they won't take them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â