Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Emma Raducanu lost in straight sets yesterday. 

No big deal, obviously. 

But the comments under the story on twitter are disgusting. The British people just love people to fail don’t they?

it’s like they expected her to win every tennis match until the end of time. 

She’s already the most successful British female tennis player in decades. And she’s 18. Give her a break 😂

I think I see your problem here. 

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No big deal, obviously. 

But the comments under the story on twitter are disgusting. The British people just love people to fail don’t they?

I wouldn't call those social media morons 'people'.

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No big deal, obviously. 

She’s already the most successful British female tennis player in decades. And she’s 18. Give her a break 😂

It’s strange , back in the days of Frank  Bruno he was the plucky bloke who the nation took to its heart cause he came close to winning a few times , ditto Henman to a degree , Euro 96 and so on 

and now suddenly we’ve become a society that thinks abusing an 18 year old in her third tournament is acceptable, or abusing young men who missed a penalty in a Euro final etc unfortunately the genie is out the bottle with regards to giving  the morons a voice but  I’d love it if these platforms took a stance somehow and didn’t give idiots a platform .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

So many FB marketplace buyers seem to die or disappear en route to picking things up. 

Please don't mention FB market place, full of knobbers. Got one guy was going to supply and fit me some doors, wanted £150 deposit, gave him £30 which his Mrs collected from me cash. Couldn't supply doors still waiting for the £30 back, he's so busy apparently, lucky it wasn't the £150. Trades should not need to advertise on FB to be fair. After about 50 messages went to pick up some posh cuddle chair the Mrs wanted, when I got there some other guy was loading onto his van, the owner said I was too late, even though I was 10 minutes early. An another experience, bought a chest of drawers, when I got there he hadn't even moved it and his bed was in the way,  guy expected me to take it out of his upstairs bedroom on my own??

Not had 1 good experience on there yet all idiots. although have just received some garden sleepers from on there after being 3 weeks late. Everyones full of excuses.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

No big deal, obviously. 

She's not British anyway 

:trollface:

The defeat will probably do her some good as she says. Chance to refocus. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

It’s strange , back in the days of Frank  Bruno he was the plucky bloke who the nation took to its heart cause he came close to winning a few times , ditto Henman to a degree , Euro 96 and so on 

and now suddenly we’ve become a society that thinks abusing an 18 year old in her third tournament is acceptable, or abusing young men who missed a penalty in a Euro final etc unfortunately the genie is out the bottle with regards to giving  the morons a voice but  I’d love it if these platforms took a stance somehow and didn’t give idiots a platform .

I maintain that peak western civilisation was the year 2000. Its all gone shit since the Millennium!

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Everyones full of excuses.

My folks have had their fill of it. Must have had 20 people 'on their way' and never turn up and never respond to messages afterwards. They only advertise locally in Telford region so most people only live a couple of miles away. 

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

My folks have had their fill of it. Must have had 20 people 'on their way' and never turn up and never respond to messages afterwards. They only advertise locally in Telford region so most people only live a couple of miles away. 

Just messaged the girl to say keep my £30 and they obviously need it more than me. Got a message straight back, "don't speak to me like that, we don't need it more than you,  my partner's dad had died, we have all sorts of problems at the moment. Really! So sorry, thought I was a customer of there's, been 6 weeks now for a measley £30 they live 5 miles away. As I said........Idiots.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No big deal, obviously. 

Hope if she does see any of the comments she can smile in the knowledge she’s earned more money aged 18 than any of these people will in their entire lives 

On 08/10/2021 at 11:42, rjw63 said:

Motorway driving.

I always like to leave a two car gap between myself and the vehicle in front. Only you can't, because as soon as you do some lane-swapping spunktrumpet moves into it. **** shitsniffers.

And also when the overhead gantry gives you a speed limit due to heavy traffic, let's say 60mph, why does almost everyone take notice except for the words removed driving BMWs, Audis and **** Range Rovers?

I was just trying to catch up to you to wave hello, no need to be a dick about it 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SuperTed said:

I was just trying to catch up to you to wave hello, no need to be a dick about it 😉

I said BMW and Audi, not Corsa or Nova, Boy racer.

Some proper word removed on there last night in a Jeep, 04 plate. Or maybe a freelander. Absolute cretin.

had to get off at J9 and go through Kingsbury or I'd have been on there til **** midnight.

Edited by rjw63

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just messaged the girl to say keep my £30 and they obviously need it more than me. Got a message straight back, "don't speak to me like that, we don't need it more than you,  my partner's dad had died, we have all sorts of problems at the moment. Really! So sorry, thought I was a customer of there's, been 6 weeks now for a measley £30 they live 5 miles away. As I said........Idiots.

They're usually full of made up excuses. Leave them a stinking facebook review.

• Like 1

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Had anyone had any good experiences selling stuff on any of the other platforms? I've got some stuff to sell and was considering using Gumtree. 

Gumtree is alright as it’s free. I’ve sold a couple of cars on there over the years.

eBay is good if they have one of their promos like £1 max selling fees.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Gumtree is alright as it’s free. I’ve sold a couple of cars on there over the years.

eBay is good if they have one of their promos like £1 max selling fees.

Id need collection only, didn't think you could do that on ebay? 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Id need collection only, didn't think you could do that on ebay? 

I think you can as people sell cars on ebay?

• Thanks 1

Â