Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

Trying to give away a couple of pieces of furniture for free on fb marketplace.

What a nightmare, I wish I hadn’t bothered.

About 10 people messaged, “is it available” yes it is, can you collect today? Silence.

Or yes, ok what time? silence.

Yeah, I've had this before and moaned about it on here. Trying to give a TV unit away, I had about 5 no shows in a week.

I don't understand the point. I guess people just call dibs on everything and then collect what they fancy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah, I've had this before and moaned about it on here. Trying to give a TV unit away, I had about 5 no shows in a week.

I don't understand the point. I guess people just call dibs on everything and then collect what they fancy.

I immediately got a bunch of messages asking if it was a available and I replied straight away to say yes, then nothing. What’s the point?

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

Mmmm. Tune!D6ABD9D4-9FCC-43C7-923C-AF53279321D0.jpeg

The labels are the wrong way round!  I’ve had that 12” for decades and somehow never noticed before. Now listening to the “right” side

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Pain in the arse. After about 12/13 enquiries I've got someone who replies and has confirmed when he’ll come and take the free furniture.

2 people asked if I could deliver it for free also. 

Next time i’ll just break it up and take it to the tip.

Do the council not collect bulky furniture items?

Liverpool council for all their faults, will collect furniture through a social enterprise called Bulky Bobs, repair it themselves if needed and either sell it in their shop to people on benefits or use it to help furnish flats of people who have been given a flat after coming off the streets etc

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

It's exactly the same with freecycle. Loads of posts, generally people acting like they're doing you a favour and rarely a please, often a sob story, occasionally asking for it to be delivered and then no shows. I've seen people give the same story to me 3 times in 1 weekend for quite random items. 

I suspect they often then try to resell it and only collect if they've got a buyer lined up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I suspect they often then try to resell it and only collect if they've got a buyer lined up. 

That sounds very plausible. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The person who was absolutely, definitely, 100% coming between 6 and 7 never showed up. 

Standard for FB marketplace.

Its not worth dealing with the general public for anything low value. If I had an old car worth £500, i'd probably scrap it rather than deal with tyre kickers and time wasters. 

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Standard for FB marketplace.

Its not worth dealing with the general public for anything low value. If I had an old car worth £500, i'd probably scrap it rather than deal with tyre kickers and time wasters. 

Messages were:

Is it available?

If you can collect today then it’s yours

No problem, i’ll collect after work between 6 and 7 if it’s ok?

great, if you can’t make it please let me know 

I’m definitely coming mate, see you later.

8:30pm:  so I assume you’re not collecting tonight?

No answer. 

All I asked when trying to give them something for free was to let me know if they decided not to come and they didn’t bother. I’d send them a full on abusive message but they know where I live :lol: 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Messages were:

Is it available?

If you can collect today then it’s yours

No problem, i’ll collect after work between 6 and 7 if it’s ok?

great, if you can’t make it please let me know 

I’m definitely coming mate, see you later.

8:30pm:  so I assume you’re not collecting tonight?

No answer. 

So many FB marketplace buyers seem to die or disappear en route to picking things up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Do the council not collect bulky furniture items?

Liverpool council for all their faults, will collect furniture through a social enterprise called Bulky Bobs, repair it themselves if needed and either sell it in their shop to people on benefits or use it to help furnish flats of people who have been given a flat after coming off the streets etc

I wanted to clear out some stuff so checked with my council and they charge £14 an item. And they wonder why people fly tip (I didn't, I got a man with a van)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

All I asked when trying to give them something for free was to let me know if they decided not to come and they didn’t bother. I’d send them a full on abusive message but they know where I live :lol: 

Don't let that stop you.

Atleast then that way the clearings in the woods might actually turn up!

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I wanted to clear out some stuff so checked with my council and they charge £14 an item. And they wonder why people fly tip (I didn't, I got a man with a van)

Down here, the council charge at least £30 (payable in advance).  They apparently only take a maximum of two square metres for the £30 price. "For collections of more than two square metres, there will be an additional charge and payment will be asked for at the time of booking".  They also state that they only collect items on ground level and will not collect from inside property or from back gardens.  That scuppers me living in a flat if I did need to get rid of e.g. the big corner sofa, and they wonder why such items end up on the verge of roads etc from men in vans. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He probably fly tipped it to be fair

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Emma Raducanu lost in straight sets yesterday. 

No big deal, obviously. 

But the comments under the story on twitter are disgusting. The British people just love people to fail don’t they?

it’s like they expected her to win every tennis match until the end of time. 

She’s already the most successful British female tennis player in decades. And she’s 18. Give her a break 😂

• Like 3

Â