Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'd agree with that. It's more the roads I enjoy than the scenery, but even if fields and trees get a bit dull, it beats the steel barriers and concrete walls along the motorway. Give me the same view for each road type though, and I'd still take the country lanes. And it's only half because I shit myself driving next to lorries in the Caterham :D 

514My8SNYvL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

;)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You've never lived, darling.

Oh I have... I've been to Alderley Edge for gammon and chips before ;) I was going to a football game though! 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I sometimes go to Manchester for lunch at the weekend just beause I like the drive through the Peak District via Snake Pass so much :D

Love the snake pass.

However, I nearly killed myself earlier this year though when I borrowed my missus' BM to go out for a spin on that road.  

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nice one Alex, What part are you heading to this time pal?

We're heading down to Cromer the following week for the week of half term.

Pop to Overstrand and buy some dressed lobster. It's worth it. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Ah but you do a lot of miles for work. I do 5k miles max per year and live in a concrete jungle. Fields are still great scenery for me :) 

Oh my word.  You'll be getting letters from the denizens of The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield with comments like that😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I travelled to chillingham castle and back over the weekend and it's a **** ballache.

Get me a transportation machine that takes a millisecond any day.

That’s a great idea. Just need the machine to have some sort of fly repellent and I reckon it could be a success.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t get the romantic view of agricultural fields of what is basically, grass to feed cows.

I go out for my lockdown routine weekly exercise - out into the countryside on m'tredder and it's basically a pedal around exactly what you describe. It's better than cycling round towns and houses, but not so much because it's fields and grass, but because of the wildlife I see - Buzzards, Lapwings, Kestrels, some alpacas in a field, or goats or whatever. The swallows have been gone for a month and they're great. Maybe in a car on a commute you miss all that stuff. Same with maybe a farmer in a field machining up bundles of hay or grass, or an abandoned digger just say in a field.

Frigging driving test examiners. The govt are trying to clear up the backlog of tests by asking them to do an extra test per day. 

My lad has waited months to get his test, and now they're striking on his date.... And because of the backlog he probably won't get a other date for 6 months now. 

He and his generation have missed out of so many rites of passage, he had to wait till he was nearly 19 to get to a nightclub. 

When you think of all the sacrifices so many people have made through Covid, especially the health service and all the hell they've been through it pisses me off that when asked to do a bit more work to clear up the backlog they're out on **** strike. 

It's mainly going to be a very young generation hit by this. Kids who have had hell with their schooling and exams, who have given up their social life at a crucial time to protect those middle age examiners. 

In addition its going to cost us an absolute bomb.  We'll have to keep up the lessons and his learner driver Insurance expires next month.  We've got the money saved for his eye watering first insurance but now we'll have to renew his learner insurance for £1000 odd. We will get short rate returns but it will still cost hundreds. 

rocket polishers. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Aberystwyth pier revamp

Pool and snooker now directly connected to the amusement arcade with the addition of ‘fun darts’ where the best pool table was and some some daft mini curling game. Also the Catherine Zeta Jones look alike with the big jubblies no longer works there 

Â