Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

34 minutes ago, tinker said:

Cars super bright led headlights that blind you   its making driving at night a real pain in the ass.

Agreed.  Everyday headlights now remind me of this. 

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Frigging driving test examiners. The govt are trying to clear up the backlog of tests by asking them to do an extra test per day. 

My lad has waited months to get his test, and now they're striking on his date.... And because of the backlog he probably won't get a other date for 6 months now. 

He and his generation have missed out of so many rites of passage, he had to wait till he was nearly 19 to get to a nightclub. 

When you think of all the sacrifices so many people have made through Covid, especially the health service and all the hell they've been through it pisses me off that when asked to do a bit more work to clear up the backlog they're out on **** strike. 

It's mainly going to be a very young generation hit by this. Kids who have had hell with their schooling and exams, who have given up their social life at a crucial time to protect those middle age examiners. 

In addition its going to cost us an absolute bomb.  We'll have to keep up the lessons and his learner driver Insurance expires next month.  We've got the money saved for his eye watering first insurance but now we'll have to renew his learner insurance for £1000 odd. We will get short rate returns but it will still cost hundreds. 

rocket polishers. 

rocket polishers rocket polishers rocket polishers.  Absolute **** rocket polishers. 

He's been told his test which was on Monday is definitely canceled and he's now got a date of 14th frigging March next year. 

He's had this date booked for 4 months now and it was hard as hell getting that. 

It's going to cost us a fortune and the lad is absolutely destroyed. 

The absolute **** rocket polishers. 

• Like 1

I can understand the frustration for people on the other end of it, but I don't blame them for striking. Instead of investing in training enough examiners, or offering overtime to clear it, the government does what it always does; schedules more work, with the same resources, and allows the shit to roll downhill until the people on the frontline get left to pickup the slack. Just like teachers, nurses and doctors, examiners are having their days crammed full of the public facing aspect of the job, given nowhere near enough time to do the admin, and it's expected it just magically happens - more realistically, everyone knows it gets done off the clock.

It's not a **** charity, and it's about time workers stood firm and stopped letting the government walk all over them

If your lad isn't already using it, @sidcow, get them to install this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nickyyo.drivingtestnow it got me a test months earlier than I'd have been able to schedule one, it alerts you when there's been a cancellation so you can snatch it up quickly

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can understand the frustration for people on the other end of it, but I don't blame them for striking.

Yeah well I do the rocket polishers

• Haha 1

He's already one of those sites that book cancellations for you.  At one time his driving instructor was supposed to be on holiday so he signed up to one to change his date.  In 2 months he was offered 1 alternative which was after his original date.

Just spent half an hour constantly cycling through the website manually to try and get an earlier date.  Then the machine suddenly tells me that I've searched too many times.  So the **** cancel your test then don't let you try too hard to find a new one.  Bastards.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Quite whinging, it's saving you money, wait until you pay his first years insurance

6 months of tests + learner insurance will probably cost me more!

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's already one of those sites that book cancellations for you.  At one time his driving instructor was supposed to be on holiday so he signed up to one to change his date.  In 2 months he was offered 1 alternative which was after his original date.

Just spent half an hour constantly cycling through the website manually to try and get an earlier date.  Then the machine suddenly tells me that I've searched too many times.  So the **** cancel your test then don't let you try too hard to find a new one.  Bastards.

Could be worth looking at a different test centre? If that’s feasible where you live of course!

10 minutes ago, chappy said:

Could be worth looking at a different test centre? If that’s feasible where you live of course!

It's a more long winded process to look for other test sites and the truth is they're all just as solidly booked up. 

Plus his instructor has spent months practicing all the routes his centre use, another centre would obviously all be new routes to him, more difficult. 

It just pisses me off.  The world is a mess and we've all got to work a bit harder to get stuff done.  Maybe it's not fair but life isn't fair.  

The generation hit the hardest is the young generation who have already made so many sacrifices and they're just punished more.  In addition he's looking at jobs/apprenticeships right now and lack of driving licence is going to hamper him big time.  In normal times he would have passed a year ago and be enjoying that freedom.  He's desperate to drive. 

What makes me even more angry is there is no system to offer them first dibs on cancellations, we're just in the same scrap as everyone else including those entering the system for the first time today. It's just so shit, he's had a shit year and he's just been shit on again. 

Either way your kid is gonna do better than me. I not only failed my drivers test, I crashed the car during the test.

Awkward conversation at the end with the lass from work whose car I had borrowed to take my test.. I did pay for the damage, I was not a monster, just an idiot :)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Either way your kid is gonna do better than me. I not only failed my drivers test, I crashed the car during the test.

Awkward conversation at the end with the lass from work whose car I had borrowed to take my test.. I did pay for the damage, I was not a monster, just an idiot :)

A mate of mine failed his test before getting out of the test centre car park. As he was driving out he didn’t spot a pedestrian about to walk across the entrance and the examiner had to hit the brakes on the dual controls. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

A mate of mine failed his test before getting out of the test centre car park. As he was driving out he didn’t spot a pedestrian about to walk across the entrance and the examiner had to hit the brakes on the dual controls. 

My instructor even tried to warn me!

"Look out for that car before you back out"

vrroom crash

His ending line was classic "Well Mr.Ciggies, I dont think I need to tell you that you failed today." 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's a more long winded process to look for other test sites and the truth is they're all just as solidly booked up. 

Plus his instructor has spent months practicing all the routes his centre use, another centre would obviously all be new routes to him, more difficult. 

Fair enough! I passed in May having had a couple of reschedulings so I understand the pain of being in the mad scramble for cancellations - they were coming up fairly regularly then but I think that was probably because people weren’t having lessons during the November and Jan/Feb lockdowns. Only other thing I can suggest is doing the test not in the instructor’s car so that doesn’t affect availability? 

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People who pronounce "quarter" as "courter"

Reminds me, councils that zone their city into many quarters. I'm not talking like Brum with the Jewelry Quarter. I'm talking like Liverpool which has taken it to such extremes that one pretty small road in the city centre is in different quarters, half of it is in the "Cavern Quarter" the other half is in the "Rainbow Quarter" (Thats LGBT+), there's also the Georgian Quarter, The Knowledge Quarter, The Fabric Quarter. I might start a petition for the Pier Head area to be known as the Corruption Quarter (Yes the council offices are there) 

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

Reminds me, councils that zone their city into many quarters. I'm not talking like Brum with the Jewelry Quarter. I'm talking like Liverpool which has taken it to such extremes that one pretty small road in the city centre is in different quarters, half of it is in the "Cavern Quarter" the other half is in the "Rainbow Quarter" (Thats LGBT+), there's also the Georgian Quarter, The Knowledge Quarter, The Fabric Quarter. I might start a petition for the Pier Head area to be known as the Corruption Quarter (Yes the council offices are there) 

If they've got more then 4 they're doing it wrong. 

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â