Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Doesn't really affect me as much as I moved, but my old team got called in to a meeting with the CEO and HR to let them know the project is shut down.

Countless evenings working until the early hours and through the weekend. Some millionaires reviewed our project plan, decided it was a bit behind, bought a competitor, and deleted the last 4 years of my life. CBA to even find an amusing GIF. really bad people.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Doesn't really affect me as much as I moved, but my old team got called in to a meeting with the CEO and HR to let them know the project is shut down.

Countless evenings working until the early hours and through the weekend. Some millionaires reviewed our project plan, decided it was a bit behind, bought a competitor, and deleted the last 4 years of my life. CBA to even find an amusing GIF. really bad people.

Shite isn't it. 

I sometimes think my job is a waste of time. They could just shut our department down and it would barely cause a ripple within the overall company in terms of profit/turnover. 

10 more years to go...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

It'll fly by. 

It will, i'm sure. I met an ex colleague for a curry last week... he retired from our place 3 years ago. That has gone so quick. Couldn't believe it! 

I'll be 52 in 10 years... thats my aim, to be out of full time work then. Maybe then work 2 or 3 days a week until I can get access to my private pension pot (at 55 I think), but don't want to be doing 5 day work weeks. 

Hopefully i'll be able to work from home for the bulk of my remaining time left. 

On 19/07/2021 at 18:15, mottaloo said:

I'll have you know i have been mostly wearing fleecy jogging shorts in this weather. 

Yes, they do have an dirty yellow tinge at the front !

Moist 

• Haha 1

On 20/07/2021 at 08:46, Wainy316 said:

I’d quite like to do one of these UK breaks in a lodge with a private hot tub that I see a lot of people doing lately.  

Only thing is, I am completely unable to find one that doesn’t cost much south of 7.2 billion pounds! 

Yeah this year you needed to get in there far earlier than this!

We booked ours in January, thankfully the other half is organised! And even then we didn't have much choice

If you’re brave and willing to take a chance there’s some great bargain for foreign holidays at the moment.

Good chance you won’t go but if it goes ahead you’ll get more holiday for your money than you’ll possible ever get again.

11 hours ago, Xela said:

I'll be 52 in 10 years... thats my aim, to be out of full time work then. Maybe then work 2 or 3 days a week until I can get access to my private pension pot (at 55 I think), but don't want to be doing 5 day work weeks. 

For you youngsters, you will have to wait to be 58 in 2028 to access your pension pot.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sid4ever said:

For you youngsters, you will have to wait to be 58 in 2028 to access your pension pot.

At what stage does that kick in? I’m still in my 30’s so still a youngster (ok, ok, I’m 39 and 8 months…)

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this year you needed to get in there far earlier than this!

We booked ours in January, thankfully the other half is organised! And even then we didn't have much choice

Probably a bad time for me to make the point and of course there is the post covid premium now.

I do however, remember looking a hot tub lodges before though and just completely baulking at the price.  

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Probably a bad time for me to make the point and of course there is the post covid premium now.

I do however, remember looking a hot tub lodges before though and just completely baulking at the price.  

Yeah it's not cheap either way. Ours was a grand for 6 nights in the lake district.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's not cheap either way. Ours was a grand for 6 nights in the lake district.

That's not bad if its for a family of 4.   £166 per night, or £41 per person per night. 

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

That's not bad if its for a family of 4.   £166 per night, or £41 per person per night. 

It was only 2 of us but you could have had a family of 4 in it. It was an Air BnB

I was meant to be going to Prague for a 40th birthday with 2 other couples, was looking forward to it, but wasn't overly excited because of all the extra limitations which would have been put on us during that holiday, plus, I've already been to Prague (it's cool enough, but tend not to do things twice).

When that got cancelled because of changes to the air travel etc, I found an awesome Air Bnb in South Sea (Pompy), where there's loads of stuff to do and see, I was really looking forward to it, plus the extra hassle of flying during Covid times was gone - great.

A couple dropped out last week because of ongoing issues with them moving house (or trying to).  The option was to cancel totally, but we thought that was a shame for the birthday girl, so we said "nah we'll still do something", realising we'd have to cancel the Air Bnb because of the price increase due to the couple dropping out.

So now we're going to a **** Haven caravan park all the way over in bastard Norfolk 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

At what stage does that kick in? I’m still in my 30’s so still a youngster (ok, ok, I’m 39 and 8 months…)

Currently you can take 25% tax free when you reach 55, the rules are changing in 2028 and you will have to be 58 before you can touch your pot.

• Thanks 1

Â