Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I have a cursory glance every now and again but its a different world on-topic. 

I looked today. No joke I saw that John Terry is still associated with the club and Ashley Young is back. Mind boggling the anger I felt when one left and the other joined. Still this is off topic so its a peak over the fence. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How's the weather in Munich? I heard something about flooding in southern Germany now, is it anywhere nearby?

I've come home today, was meant to piss it down all weekend but Friday and today were sunshine, yesterday was drizzle rather than pouring, the flooding seems to be in the south east near the border to Austria close to Salzburg so over an hour away from Munich 

Bavaria is absolutely huge and really varied in topography 

• Like 1

Pissed off at myself for being pissed off:

I have a notice on my front door saying no cold callers, canvassers, sales or religious groups welcome. On the odd occasion a bone headed scrawny yoof knocks my door selling dodgy double glazing i sigh and point to the notice and eventually the penny drops.

Just now, after trying to sleep after my night shift and not succeeding my doorbell rings. I open it, bloke says hi....i glare back at him....he goes erm.....do you drink milk ? I see the leaflets in his hand and snap back asking him didn't he read the sign ? His reply ? "I'm just a milkman"....as if they can't read and write!

I slam the door shut and loudly call him a p***k.

I am pissed off cos of the bare faced ignorance or stupidity of some people but i am more annoyed with myself for letting it bug me so much. I am turning into a proper victor meldrew !

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I have a notice on my front door saying no cold callers, canvassers, sales or religious groups welcome. On the odd occasion a bone headed scrawny yoof knocks my door selling dodgy double glazing i sigh and point to the notice and eventually the penny drops.

Just now, after trying to sleep after my night shift and not succeeding my doorbell rings. I open it, bloke says hi....i glare back at him....he goes erm.....do you drink milk ? I see the leaflets in his hand and snap back asking him didn't he read the sign ? His reply ? "I'm just a milkman"....as if they can't read and write!

I am pissed off cos of the bare faced ignorance or stupidity of some people but i am more annoyed with myself for letting it bug me so much. I am turning into a proper victor meldrew !

Should have said “do I drink milk? Why yes, but only from the teets of my grandma” maintaining direct and serious eye contact. He’d have soon **** off. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I completely understand why you're annoyed, and I don't enjoy people knocking on my door much either. That being said, I had this job straight out of uni as there was nothing else and I was also lied to fairly heavily in the recruitment process. I lasted one week in the job, and due to the endless anger I faced I became more and more upset and ending up having a nervous breakdown. I left on the Friday night, never returned on the Monday, and never got paid for my week's efforts. Since then, I've tried to keep in mind that it's not a great job. It's **** annoying though, I do get that. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I completely understand why you're annoyed, and I don't enjoy people knocking on my door much either. That being said, I had this job straight out of uni as there was nothing else and I was also lied to fairly heavily in the recruitment process. I lasted one week in the job, and due to the endless anger I faced I became more and more upset and ending up having a nervous breakdown. I left on the Friday night, never returned on the Monday, and never got paid for my week's efforts. Since then, I've tried to keep in mind that it's not a great job. It's **** annoying though, I do get that. 

I fell for something like this myself, they seem to prey on inexperienced graduates. In every city there are a few scam artists like this that spam out job ads for "marketing assistants" and other office-sounding roles, only to end up bussing people out to housing estates and telling them they can either tough it out, swindle some pensioners and they'll be running their own office within a year or two, or they can walk home.

I walked home :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I fell for something like this myself, they seem to prey on inexperienced graduates. In every city there are a few scam artists like this that spam out job ads for "marketing assistants" and other office-sounding roles, only to end up bussing people out to housing estates and telling them they can either tough it out, swindle some pensioners and they'll be running their own office within a year or two, or they can walk home.

That was exactly my experience, yes. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I completely understand why you're annoyed, and I don't enjoy people knocking on my door much either. That being said, I had this job straight out of uni as there was nothing else and I was also lied to fairly heavily in the recruitment process. 

Oh you're right and i feel a bit of a word removed for verbally lashing out. I'm sure it was the last thing @fightoffyourwas expecting 😉

I am a decent placid bloke but i get irritated by stupid behaviour (the pandemic has highlighted this 10000%). I think in future i will reserve my incredulity for those who insist on jabbering away when even the most point blank responses i give still don't penetrate their thick skins.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Just been out on the rounds trying to drum up business for my new delivery service. Not going too badly, been some interest with the leaflets I've been handing out, even though I can't be sure that the printers made them properly because I can't read myself. Then I ring the bell at one house, wait patiently, and when a bloke answers the door I politely say "Hi." The guy just stares back at me until I ask him if he drinks milk. He then asks if I read the sign, which I hadn't because I'm just a milkman, then he slams the door and calls me a prick! Looked like he was trying to sleep in the middle of the day as well the clearing in the woods.

Was he wearing dirty jogging bottoms?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I’ve also worked for one of these companies in my younger days. It was like an actual cult, the deep rooted belief that some of these people had that they were going to have their own office in x years was crazy. My job was to convert people to N-Power, knocking doors til 20:30, then public transport back home for midnight. I left after two weeks and went to work for N-Power, still annoying people at home but being paid well for it and choosing when and where I worked. 

I did door to door sales for around five years in the end and can count on one hand the people that were rude or aggressive. So it wasn’t all bad, I’d hate to do it now, but as a youth it was good fun. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was he wearing dirty jogging bottoms?

I'll have you know i have been mostly wearing fleecy jogging shorts in this weather. 

Yes, they do have an dirty yellow tinge at the front !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I'll have you know i have been mostly wearing fleecy jogging shorts in this weather. 

Yes, they do have an dirty yellow tinge at the front !

Should've pissed out of the leg instead of over the waistband.

• Haha 3

I’d quite like to do one of these UK breaks in a lodge with a private hot tub that I see a lot of people doing lately.  

Only thing is, I am completely unable to find one that doesn’t cost much south of 7.2 billion pounds! 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I’d quite like to do one of these UK breaks in a lodge with a private hot tub that I see a lot of people doing lately.  

Only thing is, I am completely unable to find one that doesn’t cost much south of 7.2 billion pounds! 

Crazy money. We left summer holiday shopping way too late and had to lay through the nose for something very average. It’ll be nice to get away with the family but feel like I’ve had my pants pulled down (and not in a nice way like that stag do).

On 18/07/2021 at 17:05, villa4europe said:

Absolute **** myth of the autobahn 

You can do any speed you like... I'm certain places and in between the major roadworks project every 20 miles... 

In the 250m between frankfurt and Munich I stopped counting when I got to the 18th bit of roadworks, its madness, they're doing so many major infrastructure projects they're grinding the current infrastructure down to a halt, 4 hour drive took 7.5 hours in each direction going different ways too

I hitch hiked from Eindhoven to Berlin a few years ago. On the 13th trip (no exaggeration), a guy picked us up at a petrol station about 40km from Berlin. He was driving from Poland to Amsterdam with an enormous wooden box in his back seat. He was Indian. His car was a complete banger. Like one you'd see in an old film where they decided to give a character an very old broken down car. White, dirty, old, wing mirrors held on with tape. We were a party of two, so one in the passenger seat, and me in the back with the box. The guy was doing the 1200km trip in one day so he was just stopping off for some energy drinks.

Hold on. He was going from Poland to Amsterdam. We were going Eindhoven to Berlin. We met outside Berlin. We were going in opposite directions. How would he have given us a lift? This story doesn't make any sense, sorry.

• Haha 3

Â