Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Watched 5 minutes of it, was absolutely offensive and distracting.

Let's appeal to the young hip kids and the crowd, let's have flamethrowers, a live DJ, singers, dances, hip trendy score cards and graphics.

It's cricket. It's women's cricket at that. It is what it is.

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

we all know the success of cricket can be judged by how much beer can be consumed

more than a 20/20 game, less than a one dayer, it should work

but like all cricket for me it lives and dies by run chases, theres no new format that can increase that likelihood that im aware of 

I’m all for dwindling viewers, maybe sky or whoever will give up the rights and it will be back on terrestrial again so everyone else can enjoy it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Let's appeal to the young hip kids and the crowd, let's have flamethrowers, a live DJ, singers, dances, hip trendy score cards and graphics.

Put it on Nickelodeon

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

When you're on VT and you swipe up fast and some random members profile loads, took me about 5/6 of them till I realised it wasn't someone trying to message me. Still happens all the time but I know what I've done now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Fuel prices have quietly crept up to very high levels. Diesel £1.33 at a supermarket near me. 

Funny you should say that, they have round here too. the closest one to my house is now £1.39 (shell) but the one I use most which used to be 1p per litre more expensive (BP - but I prefer the coffee) has come down to £1.36 from £1.37. I think the nearby Tesco is £1.33 but the Tesco closest to our work is usually a few pence cheaper than the one by our house because of a competing ASDA nearby

At the start of the pandemic that cheapest Tesco was something ludicrous like 17p a litre cheaper than the BP that I normally use, the difference now is probably 7p

I don't think the Big Brands have gone up anywhere near as much as the supermarket prices

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You know a sport is shit when they keep having to try new formats and add shit like this to keep anyone remotely interested

I'm a big fan of cricket but The Hundred can GTFO

T20 is 120 balls. Why do we need a new format slightly shorter. They're doing it for revenue and attracting new fans... but if those planks can't concentrate on 120 balls in T20 then what makes them think they'll like this?

Its a format for the  instant gratification Tik-Tok generation. 

/Victor Meldrew

• Like 4

After 3 weeks of trying, a plumber came out to repair a slow leak from a pipe in my ceiling. Off he ****, so I jumped in the shower, and a waterfall came out of the ceiling. The plumbr will be coming back tomorrow.

Had a quick wash in the sink instead, walked downstairs, to find dozens of wasps flying around in my conservatory. I've decided to just cede the territory and hope they've **** off tomorrow.

I know it's melodramatic, but sometimes I think every day is the worst day of my life.

• Like 1

Watching an old episode of Grand Designs and its an excellent example of what we’ve come to term ‘desert island discs poor’.

Some guy has bought a water tower in London, towers over all the other buildings around. But there’s a problem, he hasn’t got enough money. BNank won’t lend, bank won’t remortgage and he’s looked in his bank account this morning and he ‘literally doesn’t have the money to buy a sandwich’. But he needs £200,000 to pay his builders to keep building. He simply doesn’t know what to do. Could this be the end?

Return after the break, he’s solved it. He’s sold a couple of his other properties.

Absolute tool.

Just like all those episodes of Desert Island Discs where someone famous tries to claim they came from a gritty poor background, you know the episodes ‘oh we simply had no money, no form of income, so daddy decided we had to make some changes to ensure the family’s future, so we bought a small farm in the Corswolds’. Or on the one episode, ‘we were so poor, for a while it really really looked like we wouldn’t be able to buy the Opera House’.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Watching an old episode of Grand Designs and its an excellent example of what we’ve come to term ‘desert island discs poor’.

Some guy has bought a water tower in London, towers over all the other buildings around. But there’s a problem, he hasn’t got enough money. BNank won’t lend, bank won’t remortgage and he’s looked in his bank account this morning and he ‘literally doesn’t have the money to buy a sandwich’. But he needs £200,000 to pay his builders to keep building. He simply doesn’t know what to do. Could this be the end?

Return after the break, he’s solved it. He’s sold a couple of his other properties.

Absolute tool.

Just like all those episodes of Desert Island Discs where someone famous tries to claim they came from a gritty poor background, you know the episodes ‘oh we simply had no money, no form of income, so daddy decided we had to make some changes to ensure the family’s future, so we bought a small farm in the Corswolds’. Or on the one episode, ‘we were so poor, for a while it really really looked like we wouldn’t be able to buy the Opera House’.

There's a fantastic episode of Grand Designs that is kinda the opposite of that.

A guy who came from nothing, had managed to build up a property development business over his life making his fortune and now had turned 60 and decided it was time to make his dream home. He lived in a flash place with a big plot and the plan was to divide the plot, build the new place, flog the old one and get away mortgage free with some outlandish dream house.

Then it all went wrong. The costs went through the roof, the recession hit, he has a hip replacement, they can't source the windows in budget, the other house catches fire and then he has an enormous heart attack that nearly killed him. In the end they have to finish it as best as they can with borrowed money and then flog it. The guy basically ruined his life through sheer hubris.

You always watch those hoping it all goes horribly wrong because it’s what they deserve, but then a bit of sadness when it occasionally does. 
There was one where a guy basically ran out of money and his wife left him, taking the kids. 
It was a shame, but still what he deserved.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Absolute tool.

I reckon well over 50% of people on Grand Designs describe themselves as artists, or some kind of creative job.  Yet they're all spending eye-watering amounts of money on these amazing projects. 

Now there probably is a fair amount of money to be made selling shit art to wealthy people in London looking for an original piece but I get the impression that most of them are just being funded, as is the project, by wealthy parents who just indulge them in their "artistic" pursuits. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

You always watch those hoping it all goes horribly wrong because it’s what they deserve, but then a bit of sadness when it occasionally does. 
There was one where a guy basically ran out of money and his wife left him, taking the kids. 
It was a shame, but still what he deserved.

That the seaside house with the mock lighthouse tower? He's literally only just last week finished it and put it straight on the market. 

• Like 1

What pisses me off about Grand Designs is they are always running out of money yet installing the most expensive kitchen money can buy, solid gold baths, triple glazed motorised opening and self misting windows and despite running out of money refuse to compromise. 

I'm sure the money issues are always massively overplayed for TV effect but if your about to lose the whole lot you just economise don't you. 

The timings are also always overplayed.  Yes, we'll be in with 12 months, 4 years later etc. It's all tellybox land inserting drama into the equation. 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wife would dump me in a heart beat for Kevin McCloud. Its accepted and agreed by 2 of the 3 parties. 

I would also dump my wife in a heart beat for Kevin. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That the seaside house with the mock lighthouse tower? He's literally only just last week finished it and put it straight on the market. 

Yeah, that’s the one. Plus a smaller pad just outside of the plot. 

Â