Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What pisses me off about Grand Designs is they are always running out of money yet installing the most expensive kitchen money can buy, solid gold baths, triple glazed motorised opening and self misting windows and despite running out of money refuse to compromise. 

I'm sure the money issues are always massively overplayed for TV effect but if your about to lose the whole lot you just economise don't you. 

The timings are also always overplayed.  Yes, we'll be in with 12 months, 4 years later etc. It's all tellybox land inserting drama into the equation. 

They always knock up their wives during the development too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My wife would dump me in a heart beat for Kevin McCloud. Its accepted and agreed by 2 of the 3 parties. 

My agreement is if Cerys Matthews comes knocking the door it’s fair play and I can leave.

My missus has nominated hers as Gavin in HR.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm a big fan of cricket but The Hundred can GTFO

T20 is 120 balls. Why do we need a new format slightly shorter. They're doing it for revenue and attracting new fans... but if those planks can't concentrate on 120 balls in T20 then what makes them think they'll like this?

Its a format for the  instant gratification Tik-Tok generation. 

/Victor Meldrew

It’s a format to rehash what they’ve already got to try and make it more interesting because it’s the most boring sport in the world and nobody likes it

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

They always knock up their wives during the development too. 

It just occurred to me based on what you other posters have said… what if it’s actually Kevin going round shagging the wives of these property developers and getting them all pregnant?

It finally makes sense.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s a format to rehash what they’ve already got to try and make it more interesting because it’s the most boring sport in the world and nobody likes it

The 30,000 in the crowd and millions watching on telly says different! 

HOWEVER they make probably 10 times more money off the short form of the game compared to county cricket so crowbarring a other short form competition in there makes sense. 

But people will then start moaning about why our batsman keep getting out rashly in test matches when they're whole game is based around slogging out. 

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

It just occurred to me based on what you other posters have said… what if it’s actually Kevin going round shagging the wives of these property developers and getting them all pregnant?

It finally makes sense.

I'm not sure about that

image.png.983553926b49582b4cfda100e65c7203.png

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You missed my favourite, "we want to be in by Christmas."

a couple of others

- watertight before the winter (never happens)

- I’ll project manage it myself to save money even though I have no experience and it turned out to cost more in the long run.

"Joshua and Tabitha are worried about their money. The specially resined oak dining table that was meant to go in their dining room has been delayed another 6 weeks from Eindhoven."

Joshua: "Yes, we're a bit worried. Obviously the quadruple glazed windows for the skylights have set us back and now we've had to move down to Mum and Dad's 6 bedroom farmhouse in Somerset."

Tabitha *weeps silently in a portacabin*

• Like 2

For the thousandth time.

REPLY WITH ATTACHMENTS .

FORWARD ATTACHMENTS. 

YOU **** PRICK.

One I need to go to the original email to remind what the **** you are talking about.

You have forwarded me some bullshit I have literally no idea what you are talking about.

Attachment blah blah deleted by Knob Head.

You're all absolute **** morons.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Genie said:

a couple of others

- watertight before the winter (never happens)

- I’ll project manage it myself to save money even though I have no experience and it turned out to cost more in the long run.

And some more: 

Living in a caravan on the building site. 

Sacking off most of the tradesmen and hubby does all the wiring and plumbing himself late at night. 

Eco-friendly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The over budget thing is hilarious.

I don't think I've EVER seen one come in on budget

As someone who went to university to study commercial management it grinds my gears

Its literally a profession requiring a uni degree, a **** hard one and yet people think they can just have a go at it part time 

They never go in to the details of the subcontracts but I'm sure a few of them get their fingers burnt 

23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

After 3 weeks of trying, a plumber came out to repair a slow leak from a pipe in my ceiling. Off he ****, so I jumped in the shower, and a waterfall came out of the ceiling. The plumbr will be coming back tomorrow.

Had a quick wash in the sink instead, walked downstairs, to find dozens of wasps flying around in my conservatory. I've decided to just cede the territory and hope they've **** off tomorrow.

I know it's melodramatic, but sometimes I think every day is the worst day of my life.

MV5BYzJlODJhNzctMmYxNS00ODM3LTg0NjEtNGRjZWIwYTQ4YzU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ3NDc5MzY@._V1_.jpg.165aa59f1864654b8700653b8fbc2f05.jpg

• Like 2

On 22/07/2021 at 21:23, Genie said:

You always watch those hoping it all goes horribly wrong because it’s what they deserve, but then a bit of sadness when it occasionally does. 
There was one where a guy basically ran out of money and his wife left him, taking the kids. 
It was a shame, but still what he deserved.

Savage :D

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Savage :D

I know :D 

But if I’d blown every penny we as a family had, and then borrowed a shit load more for a vanity project that still wasn’t finished I’d expect to be divorced.

• Haha 1

Â