Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, blandy said:

One of the things I love about Aus is the parks and green spaces having barbecues built in for people to use. On Sundays the parks being full of families and groups all cooking, talking, mixing, enjoying.  It’s just brilliant.

Here, like you say it’s “keep off the grass” & “no ball games” in half the places.

You’d think Australia of all places would be more strict on where you can and can’t light a fire. 

Trouble is, you put benches and BBQ facilities in a park.

You put the benches next to the BBQ.

You put notices on the benches to point out not to light BBQ’s on the benches.

Then people turn up.

spacer.png

Some people are just self obsessed thick as shit scum.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

On 01/04/2021 at 18:23, trekka said:

Remember when I mentioned that my car battery light was stuck on?  Well I persevered for a while (I thought sod it, I wasn't using it, so decided to wait until things start to open up a bit).  Today I got it into my local friendly mechanics who now inform me that the alternator is buggered :(

Bah! 

Got it back and I'm now £225 poorer (I suppose it could have been worse). 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

You’d think Australia of all places would be more strict on where you can and can’t light a fire. 

They are to be fair. Parks in towns and cities are generally fine, but anywhere outside that there are big signs up and rules and stuff- here's one from Google street view (cus I couldn't be arsed to trawl my photos.

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 15.35.09.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Occasionally I don’t mind. Every time the sun is out just annoys me, why can’t I enjoy the nice weather and have my windows open or sit in the garden without smelling fat Alan’s charred shit food? I mean, I really do I hate them for a host of reasons so anything they do makes me want to nuke the sweaty wobblers from orbit so this is all amplified I accept.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I swapped to a gas barbecue last summer so I can get out there as often as I like without the smoke bothering the neighbours. It's not quite the same, but it's good enough and less hassle. We get so little good weather in this country, I'd happily be out there for dinner every evening when the sun is out.

I switched to gas last summer too and doubt I'll ever go back again. Just so convenient and less smoke. You can still get some cracking food off them, especially with a griddle pan on there. 

49 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I switched to gas last summer too and doubt I'll ever go back again. Just so convenient and less smoke. You can still get some cracking food off them, especially with a griddle pan on there. 

But isn't the whole point of barbecues to infuse the meat with the smoke? If you're just grilling over a gas flame you may as well cook it in the kitchen and bring it out to eat. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But isn't the whole point of barbecues to infuse the meat with the smoke? If you're just grilling over a gas flame you may as well cook it in the kitchen and bring it out to eat. 

Id say the point is to cook a lot of tasty food outside in the sunshine whilst drinking a nice beer. 

They have those permanent barbecue spaces in Olympic Park by the West Ham stadium for the Olympic village community. Have seen them used quite a lot in the summer months, that whole area is actually really nice.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

They have those permanent barbecue spaces in Olympic Park by the West Ham stadium for the Olympic village community. Have seen them used quite a lot in the summer months, that whole area is actually really nice.

Unless you were unlucky enough to buy an apartment there and now find out its worthless as its covered in highly flammable cladding, the same as Grenfell Tower. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Unless you were unlucky enough to buy an apartment there and now find out its worthless as its covered in highly flammable cladding, the same as Grenfell Tower. 

Jesus, really? I have no idea why they covered these buildings in this cladding, it doesn’t even look good.

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You can get rocks you stick into a gas barbeque, that act like charcoal in that the dripping fat relesed by the meat falls onto and creates the same effect

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

And the cost of replacing that cladding now belongs to the tenants / owners

How the **** have they got away with that? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Builders are Tory donors would completely sum that up

• Like 2

I've had lower back problems for a long time, it only happens once in a blue moon but it happened on Friday

It's completely buggered my long weekend up. I'll still be in pain by Tuesday I reckon.

Arse!

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I live in a property that has said cladding.  Thankfully, I have had a letter from the MHCLG (Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government) stating that the complex is in the process of claiming money from the building safety fund.  I'm fully expecting my service charge to go up as we've had the "waking watch" for the past few months. My property is valued as effectively £0 in the meantime but I'm in a different situation to others as I only own 25% of this flat (part-buy, part-rent). 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, trekka said:

I live in a property that has said cladding.  Thankfully, I have had a letter from the MHCLG (Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government) stating that the complex is in the process of claiming money from the building safety fund.  I'm fully expecting my service charge to go up as we've had the "waking watch" for the past few months. My property is valued as effectively £0 in the meantime but I'm in a different situation to others as I only own 25% of this flat (part-buy, part-rent). 

Waking watch, that’s a brilliant idea for making even more money from the people wrongly being charged for the builders’ incompetence.

Have a look at the charges for the watch. Multiply that by the number of flats it covers.

Now, have a look out of the window at the guy doing the watch. Does he look like he’s on £70 an hour?

No? Well someone is getting the £61.50 an hour he clearly isn’t.

A scam within a scam. truly impressive.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Waking watch, that’s a brilliant idea for making even more money from the people wrongly being charged for the builders’ incompetence.

Have a look at the charges for the watch. Multiply that by the number of flats it covers.

Now, have a look out of the window at the guy doing the watch. Does he look like he’s on £70 an hour?

No? Well someone is getting the £61.50 an hour he clearly isn’t.

A scam within a scam. truly impressive.

It has slowly started to drive me nuts.  I see them congregating outside for a smoke and then I get annoyed when they constantly bang the doors walking through the various communal areas.  It is impressive how they suddenly look like they are interested (moving their head around as if to show they are checking everything) whenever any of us come into contact with them.  We're getting new wireless heat alarms fitted soon and a new communal fire alarm system (apparently to remove the need for the "watch").  I can't wait. 

3 minutes ago, trekka said:

It has slowly started to drive me nuts.  I see them congregating outside for a smoke and then I get annoyed when they constantly bang the doors walking through the various communal areas.  It is impressive how they suddenly look like they are interested (moving their head around as if to show they are checking everything) whenever any of us come into contact with them.  We're getting new wireless heat alarms fitted soon and a new communal fire alarm system (apparently to remove the need for the "watch").  I can't wait. 

What you’re basically being told here, is not only did we construct this building from potentially flammable material. We also know we didn’t do a good job with the original detection and alarm system.

The regs haven’t changed retrospectively, if it needs a new system then the old one was never fit for purpose.

• Like 3

Â