Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Trying to find out some brexit info on the government's website, surprisingly couldn't find shit* message the consulate, I'm English, wife is German, live in Germany, can we move to the UK? Simple question... Get an email back saying they can't help, follow this link (to solve a completely different problem) or "try contacting my own embassy in the UK" 

I think it's the 3rd time I've messaged them with something and the 3rd time they've messaged me back with something utterly useless, at least this time they've sent me back a confirmation that they can't read

* and seriously I can't find the rules on it, lots of stuff about the settlement agreement and the visa application for skilled workers or students but nothing on British guy with a German wife and child and whether or not they will be allowed in 

• Sad 1

Doing 2 appraisals this morning. One of them is meeting what is expected for his role but has self appraised at Outstanding. Zero feedback from the client. Now I have to sit down and talk him through why he just succeeds. 

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

On a serious note, I don't have music on my phone. 

Are the built in music players OK or do most people download a music player app? 

I'm interested in this too

A few years back I got in to converting YouTube videos to mp3s and listening to them on my phone as well as Spotify, meant I had a ton of live stuff and cover versions, live lounge stuff etc but now I'm just all Spotify, there's some good stuff that I miss

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm interested in this too

A few years back I got in to converting YouTube videos to mp3s and listening to them on my phone as well as Spotify, meant I had a ton of live stuff and cover versions, live lounge stuff etc but now I'm just all Spotify, there's some good stuff that I miss

I think you can upload your files to Spotify via the desktop app, so you'd have all your music, both streamed and uploaded, in one place. 

I've never done it though, so don't know how user friendly it is 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think you can upload your files to Spotify via the desktop app, so you'd have all your music, both streamed and uploaded, in one place. 

I've never done it though, so don't know how user friendly it is 

Yeah, I keep meaning to investigate this, but never seem to get around to it. 

10 months later, I'm getting properly **** off with companies using covid as an excuse for piss poor customer service. There are cases when it's valid, but some are just taking the piss.

I just tried to call my mortgage lender. They used to be open 08:00 until 1800 on Saturdays, and, indeed, that's still advertised. but when phoning up it says "Due to covid, we're now only taking calls Monday to Friday, 09:00-17:00". So due to covid, you're compressing your hours, making things even busier when you are open and requiring more staff during those times? What?

I appreciate there may be problem with staffing due to people having kids learning remotely. All the more reason to have weekend shifts?! I suspect it's complete bollocks and nothing but a convenient excuse to cut staffing to the bare bones. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Doing 2 appraisals this morning. One of them is meeting what is expected for his role but has self appraised at Outstanding. Zero feedback from the client. Now I have to sit down and talk him through why he just succeeds. 

The worse I have with this is,

Before I even appraise them at 1,2,3,4 or 5 (5 gives a pay rise) I am told by them above how many 5s I can have. So end up splitting hairs between two or three deserving people 

• Like 1

Brexit problem is solved - it's not a brexit problem... Couldn't find anything in the government's website for brexit but ended up on the citizens advice website and the answer is the same application process if she was American or Thai 

But seriously after a couple of hours of searching and reading through stuff on the brexit pages of gov.uk I couldn't find anything related to one of you being British and the other not

On 22/01/2021 at 12:53, sidcow said:

On a serious note, I don't have music on my phone. 

Are the built in music players OK or do most people download a music player app? 

Android phone? I took ages finding an app that was actually decent. I ended up using Hash player (google play store link). I Paid 99p to get the ad free version. I like it because it shows artwork and lyrics and worked with playlists exported from my iTunes on a Mac. I put my songs on a little flash card memory thingy and put that in the phone and it was excellent. I couldn't get along with the default google music app at all.

On my iPhone the built in app does the job fine.

• Thanks 1

8pm Friday or Saturday night kick off piss me off.

This is the time when we all get together and cook something tasty for our dinner after a busy week. I’ll still watch the football but I’d quite like to be fully present and good company for the fam. Instead I’ll be edgy and distracted. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

8pm Friday or Saturday night kick off piss me off.

This is the time when we all get together and cook something tasty for our dinner after a busy week. I’ll still watch the football but I’d quite like to be fully present and good company for the fam. Instead I’ll be edgy and distracted. 

This completely, Not seen much of Mrs T all week, was looking forward to a few drinks, some music or the mask singer and the voice. But now I will have to watch the match on the big TV downstairs, she will probably watch the one on the bedroom. I suppose I could always miss the match mmmmm mmmm NO

• Like 2

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

This completely, Not seen much of Mrs T all week, was looking forward to a few drinks, some music or the mask singer and the voice. But now I will have to watch the match on the big TV downstairs, she will probably watch the one on the bedroom. I suppose I could always miss the match mmmmm mmmm NO

I’m quite lucky in that mine will watch it with me most of the time, but if I gave her the choice of watching it with me or us both doing something else I know what she’d choose. The thing that really annoys me is that when she’s working double shifts on a weekend, our games always end up on a Monday night. 

My wife hates football and with the schedule what it is at the moment for villa, I'll just record them and watch them when she's in bed and avoid the score if possible.

8pm kick offs are really shit (and unwanted for me), barely even got the kids to bed :(

Edited by lapal_fan

I don't mind them during lockdown but when everything is back to normal I don't want Friday, Saturday or Sunday night games

If fans were there today what are those geordies doing after the game? Getting home at 2am to 3am if they're lucky bollocks that is, dont get me wrong a fair few will make a weekend of it but its taking the piss out of the fans

Its 3pm in the states though which is what they really want 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I'll be watching it on a laptop with the sound off, while the missus watches some shite on TV, and laughs when I mutter "Yessss" or "Oh ferfuxsake". 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'll be watching it on a laptop with the sound off, while the missus watches some shite on TV, and laughs when I mutter "Yessss" or "Oh ferfuxsake". 

Just done exactly the same . Lap top set up, pint in hand, Mrs T by my side. Need a 4:1 win and all will be right with the world 

Fricking eBay sellers.

last week I won an eBay auction (assassins creed Valhalla for a tenner so was a real bargain) and paid promptly only to receive a message from the seller cancelling the sale as ‘his wife had given it to his brothers kids’... clearly bullshit but had to give the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I kept on an eye on the seller and low and behold he re-advertised the game this evening!

I’ve sent him a polite message to request he honours the original auction but doubt he will..

Is there anything eBay can do? 

I imagine if he did agree the disc would arrive scratched to buggery anyway

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â