Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 20/01/2021 at 14:10, sidcow said:

You live up north and have piped water to your house? You should be grateful for that never mind the supply interruptions. 

Any idea when electricity is arriving? 

He won’t answer as he’s just trying to tune in BBC  news on his new fangled microwave

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

On 20/01/2021 at 16:58, tonyh29 said:

I looked after a friends child the other month, and he introduced me to Topsy and Tim .. the  mum is a bit of a milf so i almost didn't  mind that we had to watch about 612 episodes , so it gets my vote

Anna-Acton-Feet-887557.jpg

Is Sara Jayne Honeywell still on CBeebies?

On 20/01/2021 at 18:54, Xela said:

I was always a Limewire man... and no, not for the equine erotica. 

I remember the joy of having my iPod delivered from dabs.com and then filling it with illegal music! Plus all the XFM Gervais shows. 

My iPod Classic is still going strong

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

My ipod classic sits in a dock in the kitchen and other than radio via Alexa is my primary source of music listening in the house. 

Any kitchen work, hit the random play and see what arrives. 

• Like 2

On 20/01/2021 at 12:51, Genie said:

My lad playing FIFA 21 online for the first time. He’s played quite a bit offline.
7-nil down after 20 minutes.

Do they make absolutely no effort to match players based on their ability/experience? 

Edited by Follyfoot

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Mine died ages ago. Battery gone. It was a 4th generation from memory. Nothing fancy like a colour screen! 

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Firmware on mine started crapping out some years ago but I managed get a dev version of Rockbox on there (last I checked there isn't a stable version for the Classic yet), it's been working largely fine ever since and being able to use it like a USB stick rather than dicking about with iTunes was worth the fiddling alone.  A 2nd gen Fiio x5 is my main .mp3 player but the Classic still gets plenty use, these days it's my dedicated sleep and/or exercise buddy, got all my ambient music and workout playlists on it.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2021 at 12:02, StefanAVFC said:

One of the Service Managers at work escalated an issue directly to me.

I replied politely that I have a manager under me who manages the escalations for these issues, so please reach out to him directly.

Response - 'I escalated to you'

Where to start?

1) A dedicated person whose job it is to sort these issues out, is always the best option

2) I am number 3 in the escalation path, try 1 and 2 first

3) It will actually be quicker to go to my DR, because his job is this. I am in meetings all day so probably won't have time to handle it

4) (and most annoyingly) we have a dedicated Service Manager in our team specifically for this customer.

People think escalating and shouting louder is the best solution. In 2021. Words fail me.

I get similar.  Lots of random staff in the company send me their queries by email - i literally forward it on one of my staff to deal with it and copy in the original sender. You'd think they'd get the hint, but no they keep sending them to me first.

17 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Firmware on mine started crapping out some years ago but I managed get a dev version of Rockbox on there (last I checked there isn't a stable version for the Classic yet), it's been working largely fine ever since and being able to use it like a USB stick rather than dicking about with iTunes was worth the fiddling alone.  A 2nd gen Fiio x5 is my main .mp3 player but the Classic still gets plenty use, these days it's my dedicated sleep and/or exercise buddy, got all my ambient music and workout playlists on it.

Doesn't the disk read start skipping if you jump too much?

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

People who say "holibobs."

I hope you drown in the pool on your bloody "holibob." clearings in the woods

Couldn't agree more.  I work with a bloke who says holibobs and it's one of his less annoying quirks. 

He also gives his cars girls names 🤮

• Haha 1

Â