Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

You know that rocket polisher at the Marine vs Spurs game last week? The Representative for Wellingborough blasting the air horn every 30 seconds? He's the type to loudly have a phone call on a train or walking around the office.

There's basically two types of people, one group who assume everyone is really interested in whatever bollocks they're up to, and the others have some basic human decency.

A few years back I got a National Express coach from Brum to Heathrow. The woman behind me was loudly on her phone the whole journey. It wasn't one call, she must have been ringing everyone in her phonebook to tell them she was going to the Caribbean. 

By the time we got to Terminal 3, it was nearly terminal for that bitch behind me. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know if it's because I've just noticed that today is Blue Monday, but for some reason I feel massively bad tempered and irritable today. 

I've been a bit glum today, not helped by the fact work is getting me down at the minute. Its not busy, I'm just finding it a slog. 

I’ve noticed when I walk the dog round our estate there’s a bloke who’s often also doing laps, but on the phone. He walks the opposite direction to me and he’s always on his own, talking (loudly) on the phone. It’s a bit weird.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hah when I saw your first post I was going to reply that as you are MJM I had better not respond with what I posted round my WhatsApp groups today.  But now you've gone and asked for it:

Apparently today is Blue Monday, the most depressing day of the year. 

If you are feeling a little low today can I recommend that you play Blue Monday by New Order on your stereo and have a bop around your kitchen. You'll feel a damn sight better then. 

Go one, you know you want to MJM😉

I'm with Mike, worst New Order song ever and like New Order

It was written as a joke (no matter what the revisionist members of the band say now)

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I've been a bit glum today, not helped by the fact work is getting me down at the minute. Its not busy, I'm just finding it a slog. 

I changed jobs before Christmas. At first I thought it was really shit, then for a while I started to enjoy the pressure of something new. Now I’m back to it being really shit again.

Its more annoying because I was originally given the choose of 2 roles, I opted for the other one but then it closed up as business case wasn’t there at the minute. Now I’m thinking how good it would have been. I’m thinking of ways to have a quiet word with the manager to say I’m still up for it (ooo err) if he can swing it (ooo err again).

Just now, bickster said:

It was written as a joke (no matter what the revisionist members of the band say now)

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I assume that's a lyric from the execrable New Order song.

Room 101 candidate. 

I'm surprised you've heard of it, what with it being only 37 years old and all. ;)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hah when I saw your first post I was going to reply that as you are MJM I had better not respond with what I posted round my WhatsApp groups today.  But now you've gone and asked for it:

If you are feeling a little low today can I recommend that you play Blue Monday by New Order on your stereo and have a bop around your kitchen. You'll feel a damn sight better then. 

Yep, I like Blue Monday, hey it’s not life changing, but its perfectly good.

And whilst I’m at it, Music Complete is a great album.

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was stolen as a joke (no matter what the revisionist members of the band say now)

Fixed for you 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I felt like that in the first week of January but am finding (so far!) that trying to be positive is helping.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

I think this year is particularly hard with the new lockdown coming immediately after christmas. I know it wasn't exactly unexpected, but I think Christmas was something a lot of people looked forward to, even with the restrictions.

Then suddenly it was over, nothing to look forward to and another lockdown with the virus worse than ever.

I think it's got a lot of people down. It's certainly affected me

• Like 1

It's my Birthday tomorrow so it helps break up the January monotony. Not that Birthdays are as much fun when you are in the second half of your probable life cycle. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

That would have been the final straw. 

Seriously, I was in a proper foul mood yesterday. Ended up having a row with the missus over absolutely nothing. Lockdown must finally be getting to me. 

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That would have been the final straw. 

Seriously, I was in a proper foul mood yesterday. Ended up having a row with the missus over absolutely nothing. Lockdown must finally be getting to me. 

Next-Time-Youre-Having-Cheer-Up-Meme.jpg

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's my Birthday tomorrow so it helps break up the January monotony. Not that Birthdays are as much fun when you are in the second half of your probable life cycle. 

How old will you be?

Does anyone have that guy in their team, at the end of your team meeting when there’s a round the table quick “everything ok” and he rambles shit only relevant to him for 10 minutes.
Every. Single. Day.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Does anyone have that guy in their team, at the end of your team meeting when there’s a round the table quick “everything ok” and he rambles shit only relevant to him for 10 minutes.
Every. Single. Day.

Yep.

Sometimes I am that guy mind :blush:

• Sad 1

Â