Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Fricking eBay sellers.

last week I won an eBay auction (assassins creed Valhalla for a tenner so was a real bargain) and paid promptly only to receive a message from the seller cancelling the sale as ‘his wife had given it to his brothers kids’... clearly bullshit but had to give the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I kept on an eye on the seller and low and behold he re-advertised the game this evening!

I’ve sent him a polite message to request he honours the original auction but doubt he will..

Is there anything eBay can do? 

I imagine if he did agree the disc would arrive scratched to buggery anyway

Can you give him a shitty feedback

Actually I suppose this should piss me off

Mrs T wanted an Eifel tower floor lamp to remind her of the happy times we have had in Paris, normally £84 from the range, but she found one from China £36.18, We paid for it and they sent tracking number etc. When it turned up two weeks ago it was two pairs of copied Oaky sun glasses. Emails back and forth they apologised for mix up blah blah, could I possibly keep the sun glasses and have 20% payment back. Threatened them with all sorts lying bstrds never intended to send lamp, false advertising, making copied merchandise  et etc. Keep saying they are sorry. Eventually we agreed on 50%  repayment. Not had it yet though

8 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Mrs T wanted an Eifel tower floor lamp to remind her of the happy times we have had in Paris, normally £84 from the range, but she found one from China £36.18, We paid for it and they sent tracking number etc. When it turned up two weeks ago it was two pairs of copied Oaky sun glasses. Emails back and forth they apologised for mix up blah blah, could I possibly keep the sun glasses and have 20% payment back. Threatened them with all sorts lying bstrds never intended to send lamp, false advertising, making copied merchandise  et etc. Keep saying they are sorry. Eventually we agreed on 50%  repayment. Not had it yet though

This won’t help you in the slightest but I get a number of shirts advertised me when browsing certain websites. Absolutely gorgeous western shirts at a very good price. I dig around and they are from china, between non delivery and size issues that my wife has had with dresses from China, I avoid chinese companies like the plague now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Tony Zheng Front line clothing, just read over 40 such complaints people ordered everything from Lego to Chest of drawers and got fake sunglasses. Roll on the summer and I can try them out LOL

On 23/01/2021 at 18:59, Robtaylor200 said:

This completely, Not seen much of Mrs T all week, was looking forward to a few drinks, some music or the mask singer and the voice. But now I will have to watch the match on the big TV downstairs, she will probably watch the one on the bedroom. I suppose I could always miss the match mmmmm mmmm NO

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Emails from the school on a Monday morning   advising your children have not completed homework module x, y z even though they promised they had done so to allow them to finish early Friday and play in a FIFA tournament with their friends 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Any way I bottled it and watched on my lap top, Then missed the big reveal of Who is behind the mask :)  :) 

It was Alice Cooper, or the Count of Monte Christo.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

If it’s a credit card you paid with initiate a “charge back” with them ... you should get all your money back .

I had flights cancelled during the lockdown with lastminute.com . Phone calls were greeted with big  standard we are working on it ... emails with an automated “this mail box isn’t monitored”. After 4 months of this I raised a chargeback with my credit card company and got a full refund on my card a few weeks later .

On 23/01/2021 at 18:54, It's Your Round said:

8pm Friday or Saturday night kick off piss me off.

This is the time when we all get together and cook something tasty for our dinner after a busy week. I’ll still watch the football but I’d quite like to be fully present and good company for the fam. Instead I’ll be edgy and distracted. 

Completely the opposite for us. Myself and the boys really look forward to it and the Mrs does as well now so a big family event. I cook in the afternoon, usually some curry variant and serve later as always better for sitting. Out of lockdown no way but now it’s perfect. It does help matters that we are that good to watch in all fairness 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

If it’s a credit card you paid with initiate a “charge back” with them ... you should get all your money back .

I had flights cancelled during the lockdown with lastminute.com . Phone calls were greeted with big  standard we are working on it ... emails with an automated “this mail box isn’t monitored”. After 4 months of this I raised a chargeback with my credit card company and got a full refund on my card a few weeks later .

Thank you just doing this now. I paid with debit card and have the charge back with that too. Not a lot of people know that 

9 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just me ?

I really need to go and brush the snow off the car. But the neighbours are out doing the same and I will have to talk to them. Already said hello earlier

No.  I avoid everyone if I can.

31 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Roll on the summer and I can try them out LOL

Throw them in the bin now, cheapo fake sunglasses will do more harm than good to your eyes

It's highly possible that they won't block any UV but will cause your pupils to dilate and absorb more light than without the glasses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just me ?

I really need to go and brush the snow off the car. But the neighbours are out doing the same and I will have to talk to them. Already said hello earlier

Depends on your neighbours, I guess. We're lucky, ours are great. Chatting with them has been a godsend during lockdown. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Just me ?

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Talking of the masked singer, Davina McCall twerked on Saturday's episode and it was lovely.

I posted this whilst on our daily team call at work and I wasn't really paying attention to what was being said.

At the end of the call when they asked for any other business, I reminded people that 6 training courses have dropped in to everybody's inbox and they need to be completed by the end of February.

There were a few giggles and then my team leader said "Yes. That's what we've just been talking about".

Serves me right. :blush:

• Like 1

Â