Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

27 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I posted this whilst on our daily team call at work and I wasn't really paying attention to what was being said.

At the end of the call when they asked for any other business, I reminded people that 6 training courses have dropped in to everybody's inbox and they need to be completed by the end of February.

There were a few giggles and then my team leader said "Yes. That's what we've just been talking about".

Serves me right. :blush:

Busted! :lol: 

5 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Actually I suppose this should piss me off

Mrs T wanted an Eifel tower floor lamp to remind her of the happy times we have had in Paris, normally £84 from the range, but she found one from China £36.18, We paid for it and they sent tracking number etc. When it turned up two weeks ago it was two pairs of copied Oaky sun glasses. Emails back and forth they apologised for mix up blah blah, could I possibly keep the sun glasses and have 20% payment back. Threatened them with all sorts lying bstrds never intended to send lamp, false advertising, making copied merchandise  et etc. Keep saying they are sorry. Eventually we agreed on 50%  repayment. Not had it yet though

I'm a Postie, sounds like bit of a scam going on at the moment, that we look out for. We've had a few items come through which aren't what they are supposed to be, last week there were 'shoes' in a small packet and the week before it was supposedly a 'chainsaw'. All tracked items so its registered as being delivered but then isn't the item ordered.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I'm a Postie, sounds like bit of a scam going on at the moment, that we look out for. We've had a few items come through which aren't what they are supposed to be, last week there were 'shoes' in a small packet and the week before it was supposedly a 'chainsaw'. All tracked items so its registered as being delivered but then isn't the item ordered.

Isn't there also some weird scam over there of people receiving gifts in the post from companies they've never bought from i.e. completely unexpected mail, and it's some weird reputation/returns thing for the company to show previous sales. I don't know the full jist of the scam, but certain addresses keep receiving parcels from dodgy companies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Isn't there also some weird scam over there of people receiving gifts in the post from companies they've never bought from i.e. completely unexpected mail, and it's some weird reputation/returns thing for the company to show previous sales. I don't know the full jist of the scam, but certain addresses keep receiving parcels from dodgy companies.

Yeah I've heard about this as well. Like you I'm not certain how it works apart from people get random packages 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

That one is because its a verified sale on Amazon for example.   It can then be given a 5 star rating (by the seller using another random login with same name, same address. etc) even though they've just sent some rubbish. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

That one is because its a verified sale on Amazon for example.   It can then be given a 5 star rating (by the seller using another random login with same name, same address. etc) even though they've just sent some rubbish. 

Ah yes, gotcha. I knew there was some verified sale element to it all :thumb:

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Emails from the school on a Monday morning   advising your children have not completed homework module x, y z even though they promised they had done so to allow them to finish early Friday and play in a FIFA tournament with their friends 🤬🤬🤬🤬

You believed your kids? More fool you :D 

I mentioned before we took a punt on a cheap holiday in May, it has full Covid protection so if they cancel it’s money back. If we just don’t fancy it or get virus or whatever reason we can reschedule for free, of get deposit back as voucher, all good.

We did however drop a clanger. We added theme park tickets to the booking as they were cheaper than anywhere else. Also, we didn’t need to pay anything for them now, money due when balance is due for the holiday (3 weeks before we go).

We spoke to them today about potentially moving the booking to later in the year... “sorry sir, the park tickets are none transferable and non refundable. We can’t modify your booking. You either have to cancel and lose your deposit or wait it out and see if it gets cancelled ourside for a refund”. 

What a f**kup. 

Edited by Genie
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

I mentioned before we took a punt on a cheap holiday in May, it has full Covid protection so if they cancel it’s money back. If we just don’t fancy it or get virus or whatever reason we can reschedule for free, of get deposit back as voucher, all good.

We did however drop a clanger. We added theme park tickets to the booking as they were cheaper than anywhere else. Also, we didn’t need to pay anything for them now, money due when balance is due for the holiday (3 weeks before we go).

We spoke to them today about potentially moving the booking to later in the year... “sorry sir, the park tickets are none transferable and non refundable. We can’t modify your booking. You either have to cancel and lose your deposit or wait it out and see if it gets cancelled ourside for a refund”. 

What a f**kup. 

Tamworth dear in May? Surely you can go Drayton Manor to suit?

• Haha 2

Just now, bickster said:

Being trapped in the Mancave all morning on my furlough day because my Daughter has a very important Zoom meeting  / presentation with a client all morning

Best place to be. 

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why is it that after you eat a KFC you feel like you want to kill yourself...

It's not like it used to be and now just a big bucket of meat drowned in excessive grease!

It's definitely deteriorated since the initial lockdowns /  the re-openings ... the breasts  seem smaller ( the chicken , not the girls working behind the counter)  , not cooked as well  , the coating not as good  etc . I can't decide if its supply issues , over worked staff  / training them how to cook issues or a bit of both , but whereas I'd always look forward to a KFC treat now and then , I can't be bothered any more

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

It's definitely deteriorated since the initial lockdowns /  the re-openings ... the breasts  seem smaller ( the chicken , not the girls working behind the counter)  , not cooked as well  , the coating not as good  etc . I can't decide if its supply issues , over worked staff  / training them how to cook issues or a bit of both , but whereas I'd always look forward to a KFC treat now and then , I can't be bothered any more

It has deteirated absolutely and you're not wrong in the examples you raise as to why standards seem to have dropped in these places.

It definately puts you off eating from there.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Must be Brexit. Or Covid. 

Â