Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

When your favourite curry place goes into new ownership, and is nowhere near as good anymore. I used to have one place I always ordered from, they were great value, stupidly fast, and delicious. And their menu was great. I ordered from there after a bit of a break a month ago and it was vile. Turns out they'd sold up and the new chaps couldn't do it like the old guys.

I'm having to search around to try and find a new one without silly limits for delivery that isn't miles away that does the dish I want, and even then it's a gamble that it's going to be up to scratch.

Recently happened with my local Greek pizzeria... the family that owned it sold up and moved back to Thessalonica (why they'd want to move to Greece, I don't know, though I suppose that living in Greece with a few hundred thousand dollars stuffed in the mattress isn't that bad). The new owners (fresh off the boat) have **** up everything: they've changed the cheese mixture, messed up the sauce, and the pizza's not as greasy.

If I can't, do any American VT members happen to own a gun and live near Wells, New York?

Guy probably got washed into a river thanks to Irene.

I've driven through Wells a few times (live about 3.5 hours away), but don't own a firearm :(

Plenty of places up in the Adirondacks to stash a body where it won't be found for decades.

When your favourite curry place goes into new ownership, and is nowhere near as good anymore. I used to have one place I always ordered from, they were great value, stupidly fast, and delicious. And their menu was great. I ordered from there after a bit of a break a month ago and it was vile. Turns out they'd sold up and the new chaps couldn't do it like the old guys.

I'm having to search around to try and find a new one without silly limits for delivery that isn't miles away that does the dish I want, and even then it's a gamble that it's going to be up to scratch.

Recently happened with my local Greek pizzeria... the family that owned it sold up and moved back to Thessalonica (why they'd want to move to Greece, I don't know, though I suppose that living in Greece with a few hundred thousand dollars stuffed in the mattress isn't that bad). The new owners (fresh off the boat) have **** up everything: they've changed the cheese mixture, messed up the sauce, and the pizza's not as greasy.

It's **** annoying. I eventually made the plunge last night and ordered from another place, well rated, offered what I wanted, more expensive by a quid but still. It turned up and it was nice enough but just totally different to the old places' loveliness. It actually looked like a completely different dish too.

:(. Search goes on I guess.

1 - Checking the cheese prior to putting it into the burrito to make sure it was fine, only to find out it was off afterwards

2 - Only realising point 1 in the last mouthful

i've done that. Grabbed a handful of grated cheese, sprinkled a load on my salad I'd just made and shoved the rest in my mouth. ONly after a few chews did I realise the cheese was mouldy, which tasted horrendous!

Not only that, I'd already ruined my salad by sprinkling it on top!

I would guess that 'you're' is spelled 'your' or 'ur' more often now in a day than it is spelled correctly. Perhaps it is those following the queen's english that are wrong and the convention on how to spell words is in the hands of the illiterate.

Happened to us with Chinese take-away and for about 12 months we couldn't find another one we liked. Fortunately we moved house recently and the new local establishment is superb, phew.

I love Robinson's Pink Grapefruit one. Absolutely gorgeous. I hate weak squash though, it makes me go into kill-mode.

Cherries and berries is double strength, so no danger of weakness there (I'm also a hater of weak squash)

But I've defected to "Apple and Strawberry" now instead. Surprisingly nice

I love Robinson's Pink Grapefruit one. Absolutely gorgeous. I hate weak squash though, it makes me go into kill-mode.

Cherries and berries is double strength, so no danger of weakness there (I'm also a hater of weak squash)

But I've defected to "Apple and Strawberry" now instead. Surprisingly nice

Not tried that. Weak squash is pointless and horrible. Why!? Why!? Be more constructive with your feedback, please, why!?

While we're taking flavours...

The majority of people who prefer red and purple in sweets (skittles, strabust etc.)

The cool cult crowd who like green and yellow rule. We are few and far between but we are the true sweet connoisseurs.

Another observation, it always seems that orange are in the middle. Never favourite or least favourite.

While we're taking flavours...

The majority of people who prefer red and purple in sweets (skittles, strabust etc.)

The cool cult crowd who like green and yellow rule. We are few and far between but we are the true sweet connoisseurs.

Another observation, it always seems that orange are in the middle. Never favourite or least favourite.

I'm not just sayign this to be a knob, but Orange are actually my favourite.

Â